Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #391 of 3,454

The 50% is only if you break the warranty (abuse, modifications, past 5 years, etc.).  Within 5 years, if you don't abuse them and they do go out, then the replacement is free (not including warranty).  At least that's what it read like.  If you do break warranty, or pass the 5 year mark, it'll cost 125 dollars to replace.  Technically, they don't have to replace it after the warranty period (or warranty voided), but they are offering the opportunity to at a great discount. 

This warranty and replacement plan is more than generous on the side of the manufacturer.  You really can't ask for much more than this. 

Don't forget the biggest thing. They want to hear how you broke it. Honestly if I get a good check before the end of this, I'm upping my pledge to get a second pair. If for nothing else so that I'll have  a good gift to give a friend. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #392 of 3,454

Don't forget the biggest thing. They want to hear how you broke it. Honestly if I get a good check before the end of this, I'm upping my pledge to get a second pair. If for nothing else so that I'll have  a good gift to give a friend. 

LOL, I think V-Moda does the same thing with their headphones (on/over-ear).  They don't state it officially, but I think I remember Val saying the same thing (if you find a way to break the LP/M-80/M-100, he wants to know how :p)

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #393 of 3,454
Huge kudos to Aurisonics for this warranty... It's absolutely stellar. It's nice to see a company not just respond to criticism, but absolutely annihilate it by blowing by expectations-- particularly when some of the criticism was presented in a less-than-ideal manner. Makes me even happier to be on my way owning my second and third AS products. 

Great work here, guys :wink:

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #395 of 3,454
  ah, i'm so tempted to get these now especially with the warranty news. i just wish there was more impressions of them. can a 5.1mm micro really compare to some of the hybrids that are coming out now?

I've stated it once, and I'll say it again, driver size/count doesn't determine how good a pair of IEMs will sound, tuning does.  I've heard some really promising microdrivers, although they are rare.  The MEE CC51 is a prime example.  It's an old IEM that isn't talked about much here anymore because it's since been discontinued by MEElectornics, but if you search it, there are a lot of positive things that were said about it. 

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #396 of 3,454
The 50% is only if you break the warranty (abuse, modifications, past 5 years, etc.).  Within 5 years, if you don't abuse them and they do go out, then the replacement is free (not including warranty).  At least that's what it read like.  If you do break warranty, or pass the 5 year mark, it'll cost 125 dollars to replace.  Technically, they don't have to replace it after the warranty period (or warranty voided), but they are offering the opportunity to at a great discount. 

This warranty and replacement plan is more than generous on the side of the manufacturer.  You really can't ask for much more than this. 

Oh no complains on the warranty and replacement plans, one of the best out there.
But from my experience, past the warranty period usually companies will still service and repair damage done as long as you pay for the replacement/repair fee.

I have no qualms though, as pass 5 years getting a $125 new replacement is still great.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #397 of 3,454
  ah, i'm so tempted to get these now especially with the warranty news. i just wish there was more impressions of them. can a 5.1mm micro really compare to some of the hybrids that are coming out now?

Well the Sennheiser IE800 uses a 7mm microdynamic. I see no reason why AS couldn't design a similarly effective 5.1mm microdynamic. 

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #398 of 3,454

I've stated it once, and I'll say it again, driver size/count doesn't determine how good a pair of IEMs will sound, tuning does.  I've heard some really promising microdrivers, although they are rare.  The MEE CC51 is a prime example.  It's an old IEM that isn't talked about much here anymore because it's since been discontinued by MEElectornics, but if you search it, there are a lot of positive things that were said about it. 

Quote:

Well the Sennheiser IE800 uses a 7mm microdynamic. I see no reason why AS couldn't design a similarly effective 5.1mm microdynamic. 

yeah, i mean, i've owned the sony mh1c which i thought was decent but didn't live up to the hype for me and the vsonic vc02's which i liked and thought were good value but yeah. i just purchased my first hybrid (the astrotec ax-35) and i'll see how i like them. i still might get the rockets because they seem really really interesting. and i've never had the pleasure of listening to the ie800's but obviously they're pretty well-regarded.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #400 of 3,454
Huge kudos to Aurisonics for this warranty... It's absolutely stellar. It's nice to see a company not just respond to criticism, but absolutely annihilate it by blowing by expectations-- particularly when some of the criticism was presented in a less-than-ideal manner. Makes me even happier to be on my way owning my second and third AS products. 

Great work here, guys :wink:

I agree, great job with the warranty As. I was getting a little bit annoyed with how they kept pressing how indestructible the rocket is. That point really isn't important to me as I treat all my gear very well. Sound quality and fit are more important to me than a shell and cable that can withstand a sledgehammer.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #402 of 3,454
An opposing perspective to those who think built-in mic is essential: I like the idea of a separate bluetooth solution.  I have a pair of Westone Adventure Alpha ADV, and one of of the things I don't like is that the in-line mic controller adds enough mass on the cable that it bounces around when I'm running.  Like others, Iwant to be able to handle calls without taking out the headphones, so the bluetooth idea seems worth exploring.

Separately, I noticed the protrusion of cables from listeners in Kickstarter Update 3 video with Gavin Fish.  Does the final design stick out as much from the ears? Particularly on the guy next to Gavin, it seems like the stiffness of the cables make a fairly large arc out of the ears.  My concerns are both the look and whether it would be a snag hazard.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:36 PM Post #403 of 3,454
An opposing perspective to those who think built-in mic is essential: I like the idea of a separate bluetooth solution.  I have a pair of Westone Adventure Alpha ADV, and one of of the things I don't like is that the in-line mic controller adds enough mass on the cable that it bounces around when I'm running.  Like others, Iwant to be able to handle calls without taking out the headphones, so the bluetooth idea seems worth exploring.

Separately, I noticed the protrusion of cables from listeners in Kickstarter Update 3 video with Gavin Fish.  Does the final design stick out as much from the ears? Particularly on the guy next to Gavin, it seems like the stiffness of the cables make a fairly large arc out of the ears.  My concerns are both the look and whether it would be a snag hazard.

Choice is a good thing. Especially when you tend to not run with buds in your ear. The cable will bounce around regardless when you run anyways. lol. The remote and mic isn't happening anyways.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #404 of 3,454

We will work on appropriate mic solution but it may take a while to be done. It's not easy to do correctly.

Cable in prototype was not final it's too stiff. Also, guy in photo did not wear them correctly.

Jan 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #405 of 3,454
We will work on appropriate mic solution but it may take a while to be done. It's not easy to do correctly.

Cable in prototype was not final it's too stiff. Also, guy in photo did not wear them correctly.

I've got one of these to hold me over
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSoniTalk-Microphone-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B000V8RCTS

Yeah, it's not great (as the reviews mention) but on the handful of occasions I need to have a mic it will get me by until Aurisonics can get a more elegant solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back