Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #346 of 3,454
  From the Kickstarter page

blink.gif
sorry...... I read the CT scan part but must have overlooked the first sentence (a dozen times actually) 
etysmile.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #350 of 3,454

Or vice versa 
tongue.gif

I'd pay good money to hear Dale say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

I do believe he said a few Clinton lines at last year's NY meet. I think that might have been one of them, but I could be wrong it was a year ago after all.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #351 of 3,454
Too many types of phones and protocols and certifications to do something up to our standards in short order. It can take 6 months or more to get MFI certification alone. Since this is a kickstarter campaign and we do not want to delay rewards we will skip the mic until we can do it correctly.

Hey Dale. Been stalking this thread to hear about the mic go/no go and am sorry to hear of the verdict. I was planning on backing but no mic is a deal stopper at this price range for me.

You can consider me a so called prosumer and I only want one or two earphones. As such I need a mic for my daily driver, which this would have been. Without a mic I'd probably get a higher priced item for at home or in plane use only.

Just one data point for you on this topic from your target market. Keep us updated on that. Good luck and have a wicked good time in Austin!

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #352 of 3,454
Love the Gallagher video! Bet that was a blast to do :wink:

Also, I somehow missed this: 

[size=24.66666603088379px]Mic + Controls [/size]
After a week of R&D on ROCKETS design, we've concluded that it doesn't make sense to put inline mic/controls on our cable as it compromises the cable strength and waterproof capabilities of ROCKETS.

However, we have come up with an elegant bluetooth solution that is still waterproof and durable. It will give full mic functionality, music control and voice prompt ability to ROCKETS. We are going to have to put it at a stretch goal of $120,000 and it will cost an additional $50 per unit (retail will be $99).

Your opinion matters so please give us your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

While I'd rather have an inline mic, having something that (presumably) could be used with other headphones as well sounds like a great idea! Color me interested on this one :wink:.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #353 of 3,454
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsNOvd1-07g&noredirect=1

The cable gets a pretty nasty hit 55 sec in.

Sorry, but why didn't it impress me? 
confused.gif

I might be being too critical but the surface they use to put the "victims" seems a little soft.
 And from what I've seen, only the Apple earbuds were really smashed. All others seem to have survived, give or take a few flying earbuds.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #354 of 3,454
The Texas meet is on the 18th. Anyone with more impressions of the Rockets sound?

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #355 of 3,454
 Sorry, but why didn't it impress me? :confused:
 I might be being too critical but the surface they use to put the "victims" seems a little soft.
 And from what I've seen, only the Apple earbuds were really smashed. All others seem to have survived, give or take a few flying earbuds.

I might see some competing buds taking a few blows with that mallet, but the same pair of Rockets was bashed 100 times. That's pretty damned impressive durability to me.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #356 of 3,454
I might see some competing buds taking a few blows with that mallet, but the same pair of Rockets was bashed 100 times. That's pretty damned impressive durability to me.

Yeah, you are right on that 100 blows.
 Anyway, call me skeptical but the video does not show even two blows on the same pair of IEMs. Be them Rockets or not.

I am REALLY interested in supporting, but only if Aurisonics come up with something to use them over-the-ear. They mentioned it somewhere (stretch goal perhaps?) but there are no updates on this so far.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #358 of 3,454
 Yeah, you are right on that 100 blows.
 Anyway, call me skeptical but the video does not show even two blows on the same pair of IEMs. Be them Rockets or not.

I am REALLY interested in supporting, but only if Aurisonics come up with something to use them over-the-ear. They mentioned it somewhere (stretch goal perhaps?) but there are no updates on this so far.

You can already wear them over ear. The goal you are referring to is an included pair of ear hooks.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:00 PM Post #359 of 3,454
You can already wear them over the ear but sounds like some kind of ear guide is part of a stretch goal.

You can already wear them over ear. The goal you are referring to is an included pair of ear hooks.

Are you sure it is just a simple pair of ear hooks? Like those really cheap found on Ebay?

I am wondering if it is something more complex but it might be that simple. My concern is because the cable is attached on the horizontal it should point outwards when worn. From previous experience on other IEMs, routing the cable over-the-ear might pull the earphones up and unplug them a little bit, loosening the seal.

It would be really nice if Aurisonics or somebody who have tested them could give me a hint on that.

There are 15 days and 36k left to reach the over-the-ear goal. I hope they can make it anyway! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #360 of 3,454

Sorry, but why didn't it impress me? 
confused.gif

They didn't do the best camera work, but if you watch closely you can see that all of them (except one) were visibly destroyed.  Only the first set flew apart, but it was clear that nearly all of them were going to be non-functional afterwards.  Meanwhile it was the same set of rockets over and over and over, and they still work.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back