Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #708 of 3,454
I have a feeling I may be disappointed with the cable aesthetic. Can't believe I didn't express my concern during the kickstarter campaign. May be a deal breaker for me because I like my cables to be understated. Will look at the Fostex TE-05 if the cable looks anything like what they showed in the more recent videos. Was hoping it would resemble this mockup that was going around the internet:

The red and blue is not as loud in this illustration. Reminds me of the Sennheiser IE800.

But this recent finish is just toy-like, especialy if you decide on the Tin color arrangements.

*******it mann!

Feb 11, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #709 of 3,454
Agreed. But I hope TiN grey is not really shiny and is a bit dark, else I'll get the original color, or gold, or blue, but not rainbow because...actually, rainbow wouldn't be too bad...crap, I may have to change my color again lol.....or I could get maybe 3 earphones with each a different finish and maybe sell here.

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #710 of 3,454
Agreed. But I hope TiN grey is not really shiny and is a bit dark, else I'll get the original color, or gold, or blue, but not rainbow because...actually, rainbow wouldn't be too bad...crap, I may have to change my color again lol.....or I could get maybe 3 earphones with each a different finish and maybe sell here.

Dale seemed to be saying that the TiN grey was rather similar to the standard, except that the TiN is shiny, and the standard version is matte. We'll see how they all turn out... 

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #711 of 3,454
I'm pretty sure all the TiN finishes are shiny to at least some degree but they are really durable too. That is the coloring on drill bits which see far more abuse than any iems will.

As for the cable I'm hoping for a happy medium between the super understated and extremely bright mockups. Neither work for me, but I'll see how they come out in a month or so. Either way I'm looking forward to these.

Feb 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #713 of 3,454
I'm hoping the blue will be reminiscent of my late departed HJE900s. I do so miss those still... I am getting the grey because I've had too many silver matte or shiny iems and headphones and would like a change. Something different from the norm. Being a Kickstarter exclusive just makes me want to get it more

Feb 11, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #715 of 3,454
Bt aren't the TiN finishes shiny?

They are, at least they usually are. But the HJE900s were as well and they looked awesome (and sounded awesome as well)

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #718 of 3,454
Yea, I kinda don't like the cable, wanted a more solid black or white or silver color. Oh well :frowning2:. I'm also a bit dissuaded to get replacements or extra parts because of their price...I mean unless this is a one time opportunity to get it; they won't have it on their store later, I can kinda not really understand. If that's the discounted price then boy...dem retail prices will be damn high. if not, well why not? Everything else is discounted and the assessories (besides the case) should be too.
Since the sureseal tips come with two pairs (assuming they actually mean two sets of each size) and the tritab one pair, I wanted two for double replacements and the tritabs are a bit more fair priced compared to the tips.
Just my cheap thoughts

Feb 11, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #719 of 3,454
Yea, I kinda don't like the cable, wanted a more solid black or white or silver color. Oh well :frowning2:. I'm also a bit dissuaded to get replacements or extra parts because of their price...I mean unless this is a one time opportunity to get it; they won't have it on their store later, I can kinda not really understand. If that's the discounted price then boy...dem retail prices will be damn high. if not, well why not? Everything else is discounted and the assessories (besides the case) should be too.
Since the sureseal tips come with two pairs (assuming they actually mean two sets of each size) and the tritab one pair, I wanted two for double replacements and the tritabs are a bit more fair priced compared to the tips.
Just my cheap thoughts

They retail for 250.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back