Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,673 of 3,454
I'm looking for a used set of Rockets with the white and red/blue striped cables, which I think is the newest version. If anybody is willing to ship to Vietnam and has a set, send me a PM. I have 100% positive feedback as a buyer/seller on head-fi.

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #2,674 of 3,454
  I'm looking for a used set of Rockets with the white and red/blue striped cables, which I think is the newest version. If anybody is willing to ship to Vietnam and has a set, send me a PM. I have 100% positive feedback as a buyer/seller on head-fi.

Red/Blue wire is just the stock cable. Black cable was a kickstarter exclusive, has nothing to do with how new or old it is. When I get my mic'd version it will be grey with black cable. And it will be just as new as any of the others.

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #2,675 of 3,454

Red/Blue wire is just the stock cable. Black cable was a kickstarter exclusive, has nothing to do with how new or old it is. When I get my mic'd version it will be grey with black cable. And it will be just as new as any of the others.

Thanks for the correction. The cable/sheathing is the same except for color then I suppose. I guess I kind of like the stock cable for some reason. Cheers!

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,676 of 3,454
I bought some from another member and I can't wait to try these. I got a good deal and will actually pay slightly less than what I had to fork over for my GR07s just 3 years ago.

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #2,677 of 3,454
Has anybody started a tips thread for the Rockets? Seems to come up a bit.

Feb 27, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #2,679 of 3,454
I've heard a lot of good things about spin fit tips on the earwerkz supra thread. Anyone know if those tips work for the rockets?

While it is very soft and fit very good and really really comfortable in my ears, the amount of noise that aint blocked and pass through the isolation is more than my other tip.

The sound is become softer though. I prefer my other tips to use.

-sorry for the potato quality-

From left: spinfit, comply t-500, oppo, sony, i don't know, sure seal, and I have no idea what brand the tips I currently use.

My personal rank:
-Isolation: Comply, sureseal, oppo
-Comfort: the one I use, spinfit, Comply
-SQ: sureseal, the one I use, the left from sureseal

Put them in rockets pouch and I always bring them along. It's like having a different IEM for each tips. Comply to boost the bass, spinfit to softer the sound, sureseal and the one I use to get the balance, etc.

Feb 27, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #2,680 of 3,454
Hi everybody, I need some help with the tips. Frankly the sureseal tips are good, but they're very annoying.

1. They attract a lot of dirt that sticks on quite firmly.
2. They don't hold firmly onto the rockets, hence causing them to fall off easily. On many occasions they have been left inside my ear. What makes it worse is that they tend to expand permanently around the nozzle over time.
3. The tips are prone to folding, which makes sealing either impossible or very difficult.

With that said, I'm looking for alternatives and looking back about 20 pages, I see the spiral dots being recommended. What I want to find out is : do they hold firmly onto the rockets? Also, if I use the smallest sureseal tips, which size should I get?

Thanks!

Tried the Earcandi.com custom molding pieces on the Rockets. Had the driver taped and the Rockets could be removed after curing for 12 hours (and removed tape) Note: pull the earpiece towards the cables, so keep them attached. That way you'll have the custom molding for own use and by sliding it down the cable others will be able to have a listen as well.

This reversible solution works like a charm, rock solid, perfect isolation and doesn't affect SQ

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #2,681 of 3,454
Tried the Earcandi.com custom molding pieces on the Rockets. Had the driver taped and the Rockets could be removed after curing for 12 hours (and removed tape) Note: pull the earpiece towards the cables, so keep them attached. That way you'll have the custom molding for own use and by sliding it down the cable others will be able to have a listen as well.

This reversible solution works like a charm, rock solid, perfect isolation and doesn't affect SQ

Pics?

Feb 27, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2,682 of 3,454
Has anybody tried Westone Star Tips? I'd prefer silicone to Comply which don't last nearly as long.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #2,684 of 3,454
Sony hybrid clones seem to fit - I have plenty of those...who makes the spinfits? Edit: Never mind, google is my friend.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2,685 of 3,454
  Sony hybrid clones seem to fit - I have plenty of those...who makes the spinfits? Edit: Never mind, google is my friend.

True, but still the bore would hamper the sound. Go for something with a wider bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back