Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 28, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #2,687 of 3,454
  Any recs?

Sure!

Ortofon tips
the UE TF10 tips
Auvio tips
the double flanges from the Meelec M6 also work great.

My personal favorites are foam tips with the ends cut off to avoid blocking the nozzle. I find foams "settle" the FR down, and avoid any reflections caused by silicone.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #2,688 of 3,454
Funny those tips mentioned, except the M6 ones, are the ones Rin's data shows to improve treble extension the most.

Of course, on some IEMs, they will also make them more sibilant, but I don't think that will be the case here fwir. '

Ortofon tips are overpriced though, TF10 tips are discontinued but Lunashops sells an identical knock-off. Auveos should be easy to get. 

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #2,689 of 3,454
  Funny those tips mentioned, except the M6 ones, are the ones Rin's data shows to improve treble extension the most.

Of course, on some IEMs, they will also make them more sibilant, but I don't think that will be the case here fwir. '

Ortofon tips are overpriced though, TF10 tips are discontinued but Lunashops sells an identical knock-off. Auveos should be easy to get. 

I honestly just like the the ortofons because they're incredibly comfy. They almost vanish without a trace with most IEMs I try them on.

Feb 28, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #2,692 of 3,454
Tried the Earcandi.com custom molding pieces on the Rockets. Had the driver taped and the Rockets could be removed after curing for 12 hours (and removed tape) Note: pull the earpiece towards the cables, so keep them attached. That way you'll have the custom molding for own use and by sliding it down the cable others will be able to have a listen as well.

This reversible solution works like a charm, rock solid, perfect isolation and doesn't affect SQ

+pics (phone)

Mar 1, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #2,694 of 3,454
That looks awful lol. But I suppose it really doesn't matter.

I have to say, I think the Rockets are as close to a "no-compromise" earphone as I've ever come. It's my best-sounding IEM and my "beater pair" at the same time, and is suited for use in any situation(unless you want a lack of isolation). As much as I love my FX700, I'm not going to be using that at the gym. I would never have bothered using my EX1000 while riding my bike. I wouldn't have dared trying to use my TF10s while shooting some hoops. I may as well try to sleep with a helmet on instead of my M200s. As awesome as my Miles Davis Tributes were I had to baby them like they were a...baby. Probably won't be using my KC06 in the shower anytime soon.
tongue.gif

The Rockets serve me well in each and every situation. They haven't rendered the rest of my 'phones obsolete or anything, but anytime I'm about to do anything I can just shove the Rockets in my pockets(no, I'm not happy to see you, that IS a rocket in my pocket) and hit the road without having to worry about a darn thing.

Long live the Rockets.

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #2,695 of 3,454
  That looks awful lol. But I suppose it really doesn't matter.

I have to say, I think the Rockets are as close to a "no-compromise" earphone as I've ever come. It's my best-sounding IEM and my "beater pair" at the same time, and is suited for use in any situation(unless you want a lack of isolation). As much as I love my FX700, I'm not going to be using that at the gym. I would never have bothered using my EX1000 while riding my bike. I wouldn't have dared trying to use my TF10s while shooting some hoops. I may as well try to sleep with a helmet on instead of my M200s. As awesome as my Miles Davis Tributes were I had to baby them like they were a...baby. Probably won't be using my KC06 in the shower anytime soon.
tongue.gif

The Rockets serve me well in each and every situation. They haven't rendered the rest of my 'phones obsolete or anything, but anytime I'm about to do anything I can just shove the Rockets in my pockets(no, I'm not happy to see you, that IS a rocket in my pocket) and hit the road without having to worry about a darn thing.

Long live the Rockets.

How do you deal with the microphonics?  I only use my Rockets while at my desk...and I'm using ear guides to reduce the cable noise.

The cable they used is the Rocket's Achilles heel.  

The only good thing about the cable is that it is very nice looking...it reminds me of candy cane.

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #2,696 of 3,454

How do you deal with the microphonics?  I only use my Rockets while at my desk...and I'm using ear guides to reduce the cable noise.

The cable they used is the Rocket's Achilles heel.  

The only good thing about the cable is that it is very nice looking...it reminds me of candy cane.

Just wear it over the ears. I find it eliminates microphonics almost entirely.

Mar 1, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #2,697 of 3,454

Just wear it over the ears. I find it eliminates microphonics almost entirely.

It does help.  I usually don't like wearing the wires over the ear, but I have to do so with the Rockets.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #2,698 of 3,454
These ear-hooks work quite well.  Don't like to hawk product here, but people seem to have a need for these.  $7.99 at www.InnerSanctumAudio.com   Cheers.

Mar 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #2,699 of 3,454
  These ear-hooks work quite well.  Don't like to hawk product here, but people seem to have a need for these.  $7.99 at InnerSanctumAudio.com   Cheers.

Thanks for sharing.  I was using the guides which came with my GR07s...and they basically suck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back