Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #181 of 3,454
Or you know, maybe some other consumers, the ones that don't buy beats and don't exactly hang out on head-fi. There is an in between...

I just disagree with your assumptions is all.

Time will tell.

You guys also forget, Aurisonics' has a huge customer base in the professional areas outside the audiophile/general consumer.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #183 of 3,454
You guys also forget, Aurisonics' has a huge customer base in the professional areas outside the audiophile/general consumer.  

Oh definitely. Ones who would probably gladly get a set of these for all-purpose love. These are kind of more clearly targeted which makes this flux capacitor discussion possible.

The pro audio scene is their primary market isnt it?

I dunno about for this product line.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #184 of 3,454
  The pro audio scene is their primary market isnt it?

With the ASG series, that was the intended market for sure.  The ASG-1 (and 2) were intended for vocalists (reason they are mid-focused signatures).  The Rockets seem to be the first that has more of a consumer-oriented approach.  

_____

Edit: Well, it seems that they made their goal...  XD

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #185 of 3,454
Cheapest method is USPS for like $15 with no tracking for a tiny box, and it's slow. Add tracking and you're up to about $25. And they need tracking to cover themselves since most places seem to side with consumers on shipping issues.

That doesn't explain why ConUS shipping is free (so less than the actual cost of shipping) but international shipping is 30 USD (so more than the actual cost cost of shipping).

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #186 of 3,454
That doesn't explain why ConUS shipping is free (so less than the actual cost of shipping) but international shipping is 30 USD (so more than the actual cost cost of shipping).

Ok I was giving an absolute cheapest scenario. I don't know what shipping option they plan to use. ConUS shipping is less than $5 USPS tracked. What if the shipping method they chose happens to cost $35 and you're getting the same "discount."

It's all just speculation. All I'm saying is that that international shipping out of the US is not cheap.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #187 of 3,454
Consumers? The same one that buy up beats for the flash and name over sound? We are the target. We are the ones that

Generally speaking, head-fi is a very, very, very small slice of an audio company's sales. It's never been more than a tiny, tiny part of Aurisonics' sales. That share will go down, not up, with Rockets.

The amazing thing is that Dale is here and talking to us--it's pretty cool that we get to be a sounding board and provide some input. Let's not let it go to our heads, though.

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #188 of 3,454

ConUS shipping can be as low as a couple bucks given its light weight and most likely small box.  Even First class International is $20 something with no tracking so they will probably end up going priority or EMS.  Canada would probably be a little cheaper, but the rest of the world will probably be around there. 

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #189 of 3,454

They could have factored the US shipping into the price already since that's domestic, it's easy to factor in.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #190 of 3,454

Probably not more than the actual cost of shipping with a decent, reliable-for-business shipper (i.e. not USPS). In fact, shipping to different countries almost certainly has different costs (whereas a cheap, flat-rate can be found for CONUS and still be reliable). 30 USD is likely a ballpark figure that insures Aurisonics won't lose much money when Rockets become popular in Nauru.

Edit: Rockets are waterproof, making them almost ideal for Nauru.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #191 of 3,454

Probably not more than the actual cost of shipping with a decent, reliable-for-business shipper (i.e. not USPS). In fact, shipping to different countries almost certainly has different costs (whereas a cheap, flat-rate can be found for CONUS and still be reliable). 30 USD is likely a ballpark figure that insures Aurisonics won't lose much money when Rockets become popular in Nauru.

Edit: Rockets are waterproof, making them almost ideal for Nauru.

I will admit, I had to google Nauru... still not even sure exactly where it is.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #192 of 3,454

I will admit, I had to google Nauru... still not even sure exactly where it is.

beerchug.gif

And Aurisonics' hit their kickstarter goal in the first day it went live.

Jan 3, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #193 of 3,454
Kunlun, did you grab a pair? 

I can't remember if you had one of their other iems or not to compare with..

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #195 of 3,454
Wow what a crazy day on kickstarter and still going. Thank you to everyone that has participated so far for your support. ROCKETS are not like any other IEM I am aware of. The sound quality will make you guys happy. Remember they are pure titanium, waterproof and the cables are like nothing you have ever seen in a consumer product. We greatly appreciate and respect the head-fi community and your comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back