Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #196 of 3,454
Overseas shipping from our experience can vary greatly. We wont be sending them without tracking and insurance as this has bit us in the past. Kickstarter does not allow you to have variable shipping per country so we set it at a level where on some we might not need $30 but on others it might be more than $30. I hope everyone can understand. We appreciate your ongoing support of our products!

Jan 4, 2014 at 4:12 AM Post #197 of 3,454
Overseas shipping from our experience can vary greatly. We wont be sending them without tracking and insurance as this has bit us in the past. Kickstarter does not allow you to have variable shipping per country so we set it at a level where on some we might not need $30 but on others it might be more than $30. I hope everyone can understand. We appreciate your ongoing support of our products!

As kickstarter pledges are something like rewards/gifts, would you be able to declare them as gifts when posting to us international customers?

Jan 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #199 of 3,454
Yay. Aurisonics' Facebook update states they started working on remote/mic controls for the Rockets. They want them to be durable. Kinda want to hold off for that model now :p

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #201 of 3,454
Huh? I thought they already came with mic/controls. Am I wrong? Not a deal breaker but I thought the KS page said they came with smartphone controls.

No controls or mic. Look at these as a more versatile, smaller, more durable IE800 I guess you could say. We are, however, looking at the best way to add a mic and controls without compromising the design and are looking at that as a possible stretch goal.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #202 of 3,454
The only way I can see that happening is if they place the mic where the cable splits. The Atrio Future Sonics did this with the MG7. Problem with the MG7 was the size of that remote/mic. It was huge. I can count on the team at Aurisonics to make it sleek and functional  =)

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #203 of 3,454
SGS likes em more than the G-2 and the IE800, and it seems to avoid a few pitfalls those two are subject to (peaky highs, overly boosted bass). I think it'll compete handily at the $250 bracket

SGS?

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #204 of 3,454
Yay. Aurisonics' Facebook update states they started working on remote/mic controls for the Rockets. They want them to be durable. Kinda want to hold off for that model now
tongue.gif

Hopefully we can add the cost to our transaction on kickstarter.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #206 of 3,454

That doesn't explain why ConUS shipping is free (so less than the actual cost of shipping) but international shipping is 30 USD (so more than the actual cost cost of shipping).

what makes you think it's less than the cost of international shipping?  While individuals can be 'creative' with shipping documents and valuations, etc., a real company cannot.  The customer also expects the company to assume the cost of replacement if the shipment is lost, and there are costs involved in every step from pulling inventory from the shelf, through packing the shipment, prepping it for shipment, filling out the international shipment documents, and paying the carrier for shipment and insurance (and brokerage fees in the case of UPS and/pr FedEx).

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #207 of 3,454
  what makes you think it's less than the cost of international shipping?  While individuals can be 'creative' with shipping documents and valuations, etc., a real company cannot.  The customer also expects the company to assume the cost of replacement if the shipment is lost, and there are costs involved in every step from pulling inventory from the shelf, through packing the shipment, prepping it for shipment, filling out the international shipment documents, and paying the carrier for shipment and insurance (and brokerage fees in the case of UPS and/pr FedEx).

I picked four countries at random and picked the cheapest method with tracking using priority international shipping (not our preferred source). It's pretty much $23.95US any way you slice it plus all the additional paperwork and info which is different for each country and time to actually do the shipping. We wont be shipping these any way but the right way . To many and too much to risk.

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #208 of 3,454
I just remembered about paperwork! The paperwork is the worst part.

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #209 of 3,454
I just remembered about paperwork! The paperwork is the worst part.

The paperwork can be stupid with all the customs forms and check this box if this and code for that and 4 copies signed and dated of this and if you get one thing wrong it may not ever get where you sent it or comes back and you have to ship again.

Working on a very cool mic setup that we may offer as a stretch goal. I am sure there will be some additional cost for that feature as it will need to be a different design for the mic version but design will be worth it. Don't have any idea yet as to what that additional cost will be. Will need a week or so to get some pricing and build and test prototype.

Jan 5, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #210 of 3,454

The paperwork can be stupid with all the customs forms and check this box if this and code for that and 4 copies signed and dated of this and if you get one thing wrong it may not ever get where you sent it or comes back and you have to ship again.

Working on a very cool mic setup that we may offer as a stretch goal. I am sure there will be some additional cost for that feature as it will need to be a different design for the mic version but design will be worth it. Don't have any idea yet as to what that additional cost will be. Will need a week or so to get some pricing and build and test prototype.

Ish just got real in this thread. Hopefully I can add-on the cost to what I already pledged on kickstarter. I was one of the first 50. I will definitely pay for this feature. Can you give us a hint on the mic/remote placement? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back