Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #1,126 of 2,761
That's more or less what I'm experiencing with the sound. It's good to hear that they improve somewhat after burn in. I've got a few more tips to try as well.

Quote:
Mine had roughly 40 hours of as of when I last listened.  I've been letting them play since last night, so they'll have over 60 when I get home.

They are clearing up.  I found them sloppy-sounding at first with much-to-prevalent mids and a lack of treble sparkle.  This has improved but we'll see if it improves much more (I'll have a better idea tonight).

Quote:
They were burned in around 16 hours before i received them. Been used for around another 20 hours. and burned in an additional 50 hours. So almost hitting 100 hours with these. I think the main areas that were most noticeable in opening up was the bass. I'm not sure if this was "brain" burn-in like Doosley mentioned but when I first got these, they sounded like I turned on dolby 7.1 surround on a pair of iems. Which means everything sounded distant and anemic, and the bass was not really hitting any harder than BA drivers. But after the past week, the veil over the headphones seemed to have evaporated. Likewise the Mids and highs cleared up and outperform my Ety's in clarity but not as sparkly as the UE700s. But again, these sound natural compared to the analytic quality of Etymotics

When I recently A/B'd them again, these sound full and 3D but no longer distant. 

Also, I think tips and sealing play a HUGE role in finding the true sound of Aurisonics. I'd recommend looking at the tips thread to find out more. 

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #1,127 of 2,761

Quote:
Where can I find the differences or can someone explain the differences between the ASG-1, ASG-2, AS-2, and AS-1b?? I currently own the W4 and was considering the PFE232, but this price point and some of the stellar reviews make this deal too hard to overlook.

Also, if anyone could, please tell me how these sound at very low listening levels. The majority of the time I listen to IEMs, I am out of the house and/or studying. So my volume levels are usually low.

ASG-1 is the universal version of the AS-1.  The AS-1 and ASG-1 both use the same drivers, the only difference is that one is a CIEM.  The variations of the AS-1 allow different options to be added to it (which are adjustable once you get the product) as well.  The two notable options are adjustable bass as well as an adjustable "vent" that allows outside noise to get in and out allowing you to still be keen to what's going on around you.  The ASG-1 offers neither of these options since it was originally used as a demo product to test out the AS-1.  The ASG-2 (and AS-2) have not been released yet (to my recollection) and aren't planned to soon either.  They essentially will reflect the same options given in the AS-1 and ASG-1, except with a dual-driver setup.

As for the W4 and PFE232, I will be doing comparisons to both of these (since they are both highly wanted now) if I get the ASG-1 (Give a few weeks for the 232s and W4s to get back to me though :frowning2:).  I'm still talking to Aurisonics about getting a pair (talks look positive right now though, hopefully nothing backfires).

Feb 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #1,128 of 2,761
Quote:
it's nice to know I will crush any expensive IEMS.

Why would you want to crush them? 
eek.gif

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #1,129 of 2,761
Arrived!!

Melbourne Australia!!

First Impressions are not very promising. Fit is good thankfully I've got generic shaped ears. Getting a good seal with proper bass but am struggling to get accustomed to the presentation and signature of this.

There is great detail across the mid and treble that can be said. Not JH16 detail but definitely micro details are more apparent than the GR07.

I'm on my day off and have been listening to my Edition 8s so maybe this kinda had a hand in confusing my impressions as well.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #1,130 of 2,761
seems like opinions so far has been polarizing, i'm on the praising side but can denfinitely see where the ppl that don't like it are coming from. I think this thread is going to turn into a love/hate relationship  : P           

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #1,131 of 2,761

Quote:
Arrived!!

Melbourne Australia!!

First Impressions are not very promising. Fit is good thankfully I've got generic shaped ears. Getting a good seal with proper bass but am struggling to get accustomed to the presentation and signature of this.

There is great detail across the mid and treble that can be said. Not JH16 detail but definitely micro details are more apparent than the GR07.

I'm on my day off and have been listening to my Edition 8s so maybe this kinda had a hand in confusing my impressions as well.

Do you prefer your ASG-1s over your GR07s??

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #1,133 of 2,761
So basically the ASG-1s are more of a lively headphone, but with a natural SQ? Is it even worth buying now when the ASG-2s are coming? (Not trying to be offensive, I really want to get these, but maybe the new ones may be better?)

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #1,134 of 2,761

Quote:
So basically the ASG-1s are more of a lively headphone, but with a natural SQ? Is it even worth buying now when the ASG-2s are coming? (Not trying to be offensive, I really want to get these, but maybe the new ones may be better?)

Almost certainly a different price point.

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #1,135 of 2,761

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLaoEh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you prefer your ASG-1s over your GR07s??

The GR07. Definitely.

The detail is great over the ASG1 but the soundspace it creates is very artificial, very hollow, like listening to monitor speakers in an empty brand new square apartment space. This feeling comes and go with different recordings and different tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm not comfortable with it.

The GR07 has forward mids that pushes vocals closer towards you in the headstage it makes. The ASG1 has forward mids that pushes the vocals closer, but somehow slightly backwards in the headstage. As in, GR07 vocals seem to image somewhere between your eyes while the ASG1 vocals image behind your years or sometimes even behind my neck What.

The ASG1 is slightly more dry and aggressive. GR07 is smoother, creamier.

We will see how much this burn in thing does to it. But so far, its not been too exciting.

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #1,136 of 2,761

Quote:

The GR07. Definitely.

The detail is great over the ASG1 but the soundspace it creates is very artificial, very hollow, like listening to monitor speakers in an empty brand new square apartment space. This feeling comes and go with different recordings and different tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm not comfortable with it.

The GR07 has forward mids that pushes vocals closer towards you in the headstage it makes. The ASG1 has forward mids that pushes the vocals closer, but somehow slightly backwards in the headstage. As in, GR07 vocals seem to image somewhere between your eyes while the ASG1 vocals image behind your years or sometimes even behind my neck What.

We will see how much this burn in thing does to it. But so far, its not been too exciting.

o.O 
I hope  i like mine when it arrives. 
vocals behind your neck!?! yeah, What!?!

Feb 29, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #1,138 of 2,761

Quote:

The GR07. Definitely.

errr... i have the GR07 too , now i feel worried after reading your comment
frown.gif

any other GR07 owner here care to give their impression?

Feb 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #1,139 of 2,761

Quote:

The GR07. Definitely.

Thanks for posting this, looks like i'll skip the ASG1 then... hopefully they get better for you after burn-in.

Feb 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #1,140 of 2,761

Quote:

I totally don't get why everyone keeps talking about the ASG-2.  There has been no indication whatsoever that they will be coming soon.  Just about every single successful headphone released EVER has been followed up with a model which is allegedly improved and better, so why is the ASG-1 different?  Furthermore, the ASG-2 isn't supposed to sound like the ASG-1, it's not like the ASG-2 is intended to be a better version of the ASG-1 in the first place.

If the ASG-1 sounds like it's for you based on the descriptions here, then buy it.  If not, don't, and maybe someday if/when the ASG-2 is released, then you can buy it.  Or just sell the ASG-1 and get the ASG-2 when it comes out.

Just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back