Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #1,111 of 2,761
Quote:
1. ASG-1 is the universal fit earphones
2. ASG-2 is not out yet and shouldn't really be talked about. Dale, the director at Aurisonics stated that the ASG-2's might come out in summer or even later after its been tested by their musicians and used (liked) by them.
For previous ASG-1 owners it will be an upgrade option available. The ASG-2's will have a dual driver, one being 15mm the other 10mm in the same sheel (unconfirmed, but assumed, seeing as ASG-1 owners can upgrade)

3. AS-2 will be the "upgrade" to the AS-1.
The AS-1 is like the ASG-1 but instead of being UNIVERSAL its based on CUSTOM ears

4. AS-1b is just like the AS-1 but has an adjustable bass port

So in short:
AS-x = Custom-made earphones
ASG-x = UNIVERSAL earphones

1's of the models have been released
2's of the models have not been released and won't be available till Q3 of this year.

Some more info about the AS-1 models:
http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsAS-1.pdf

If you don't want to download 4.5mb: In short:

Dubbed, you rock!! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Anyone have thoughts on the ASG-1 sound quality at low listening volumes?

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #1,112 of 2,761

Quote:

Dubbed, you rock!! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Anyone have thoughts on the ASG-1 sound quality at low listening volumes?

No problem my man - it got me confused at first too.
ASG and AS are so similar.
the a-b-c makes sense though.

That said they have the same drivers? (i think) if so, then I understand why the naming is similar, just one is custom the other not.

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,116 of 2,761

Quote:
Well the only way is to either go straight through them - and pray that customs don't catch em on their way in (near impossible)
meaning a HEFTY customs/import duty will be charged.

Or go through someone you know or trust in the US to buy them for you, then post them over.
(you are risking the item being lost though, as it will be sent as a gift)

Or wait for someone in the EU not to like them.

1. ASG-1 is the universal fit earphones
2. ASG-2 is not out yet and shouldn't really be talked about. Dale, the director at Aurisonics stated that the ASG-2's might come out in summer or even later after its been tested by their musicians and used (liked) by them.
For previous ASG-1 owners it will be an upgrade option available. The ASG-2's will have a dual driver, one being 15mm the other 10mm in the same sheel (unconfirmed, but assumed, seeing as ASG-1 owners can upgrade)

3. AS-2 will be the "upgrade" to the AS-1.
The AS-1 is like the ASG-1 but instead of being UNIVERSAL its based on CUSTOM ears

4. AS-1b is just like the AS-1 but has an adjustable bass port

So in short:
AS-x = Custom-made earphones
ASG-x = UNIVERSAL earphones

1's of the models have been released
2's of the models have not been released and won't be available till Q3 of this year.

Some more info about the AS-1 models:
http://www.aurisonics.com/media/AurisonicsAS-1.pdf

If you don't want to download 4.5mb: In short:

You forgot the ASG-1S (not quite sure if that's the model) but the 10 handmade ASG-1's that will be given as prizes :D

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #1,118 of 2,761

Quote:
Yeah a bit under $6 bucks for where I live.

Upcoming reviews+impressions:
ASG-1, AS1-b, PFE232(most likely), IE80(whenever they're shipped)

comparisons are a given :D

Out of interest why did u get the customs AND universals?

And IE80's sennheiser sending u it lol?

Quote:
You forgot the ASG-1S (not quite sure if that's the model) but the 10 handmade ASG-1's that will be given as prizes :D

Oh - well that can't be bought so...:)

Quote:
But then again, Aurisonics lists them at 299$. I assumed Springtree would be able to sell them cheaper than that?

True - well if u email them possibly its still "on"

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,121 of 2,761

Quote:
The Otterbox case that came with the ASG-1 made me go out and buy two more for my other IEMs.  I can say that it's just as hard to open the first few times but for less than $10 a piece, it's nice to know I will crush any expensive IEMS.

You meant he case is only $10?

And you bought 2 extra IEM's for that reason lol?

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #1,122 of 2,761

Quote:
How long have you burned them in for? I let them burn in overnight and gave them a quick listen this morning and I didn't notice any changes.

What attributes are improving for you?

Mine had roughly 40 hours of as of when I last listened.  I've been letting them play since last night, so they'll have over 60 when I get home.

They are clearing up.  I found them sloppy-sounding at first with much-to-prevalent mids and a lack of treble sparkle.  This has improved but we'll see if it improves much more (I'll have a better idea tonight).

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #1,123 of 2,761
They were burned in around 16 hours before i received them. Been used for around another 20 hours. and burned in an additional 50 hours. So almost hitting 100 hours with these. I think the main areas that were most noticeable in opening up was the bass. I'm not sure if this was "brain" burn-in like Doosley mentioned but when I first got these, they sounded like I turned on dolby 7.1 surround on a pair of iems. Which means everything sounded distant and anemic, and the bass was not really hitting any harder than BA drivers. But after the past week, the veil over the headphones seemed to have evaporated. Likewise the Mids and highs cleared up and outperform my Ety's in clarity but not as sparkly as the UE700s. But again, these sound natural compared to the analytic quality of Etymotics

When I recently A/B'd them again, these sound full and 3D but no longer distant. 
Quote:
How long have you burned them in for? I let them burn in overnight and gave them a quick listen this morning and I didn't notice any changes.

What attributes are improving for you?

Also, I think tips and sealing play a HUGE role in finding the true sound of Aurisonics. I'd recommend looking at the tips thread to find out more. 

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #1,124 of 2,761
A lot of people gave Earsonics flak over the SM3 being highly tip dependent, I wonder if those same detractors will make a similar case for the ASG-1. Also, I'm not really a believer of burn-in, but these did become much more favorable to me the more I listened. Like the SM3, I was pretty unimpressed out of the box, finding the ASG-1 anemic in bass, and rather shrill in the midrange. They sound a lot smoother and the bass is much deeper and more prominent to me now. I've got maybe 60+ hours on them I believe.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #1,125 of 2,761

Quote:
A lot of people gave Earsonics flak over the SM3 being highly tip dependent, I wonder if those same detractors will make a similar case for the ASG-1. Also, I'm not really a believer of burn-in, but these did become much more favorable to me the more I listened. Like the SM3, I was pretty unimpressed out of the box, finding the ASG-1 anemic in bass, and rather shrill in the midrange. They sound a lot smoother and the bass is much deeper and more prominent to me now. I've got maybe 60+ hours on them I believe.

so after 60hrs bass is getting there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back