Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #1,156 of 2,761
I'm hearing the ASG1 the same way, no matter what tips I've tried.

Quote:

The GR07. Definitely.

The detail is great over the ASG1 but the soundspace it creates is very artificial, very hollow, like listening to monitor speakers in an empty brand new square apartment space. This feeling comes and go with different recordings and different tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm not comfortable with it.

The GR07 has forward mids that pushes vocals closer towards you in the headstage it makes. The ASG1 has forward mids that pushes the vocals closer, but somehow slightly backwards in the headstage. As in, GR07 vocals seem to image somewhere between your eyes while the ASG1 vocals image behind your years or sometimes even behind my neck What.

The ASG1 is slightly more dry and aggressive. GR07 is smoother, creamier.

We will see how much this burn in thing does to it. But so far, its not been too exciting.

I have the GR07 and I agree with wilzc. My GR07 is burned in and my ASG1 is in the process.

Quote:
errr... i have the GR07 too , now i feel worried after reading your comment
frown.gif

any other GR07 owner here care to give their impression?

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #1,158 of 2,761
I hope my impressions of these when they arrive are positive. :X

Feb 29, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,161 of 2,761
It was the Atrio M5 with MG7 drivers. I like the Atrios but I think the MTPC are overall a better iem. I also like the MG7 better than the ASG-1 so far.

Quote:
yup - so what thread was it on....that you said you didn't like a certain IEM

Curious I am.
You said you preferred the MTPC's i think it was - can't remember to what though :/

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #1,162 of 2,761
So you would go:

MTPC > MG7 > ASG-1

I can't agree the coppers, well at least when i heard the golds (similar to the MTPC's) are better than the MG7's - apart from soundstage and openness that said.
Then again look at isolation....and then compare them.

Found the MTPG's not very good in isolating.
Whereas the MG7's due to their fit, Westone type isolating. 

Could u put in context the 3 compared?
just a quick resumé of the 3?

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #1,163 of 2,761
Quote:
wilzc said:

The GR07. Definitely.

The detail is great over the ASG1 but the soundspace it creates is very artificial, very hollow, like listening to monitor speakers in an empty brand new square apartment space. This feeling comes and go with different recordings and different tracks. I'm pretty sure I'm not comfortable with it.

That's a near perfect description of how I heard the ASG-1 with stock tips, and 5-6 different tips thereafter. Even the Senn double flange, that serve Eric10 so well, did nothing to sate my preference. My seal was perfect, so my thoughts were "technically impressive, but def not for me...".

Whether due to differing preferences, or a wider assortment of tips, this changed dramatically for me. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's like listening to different phones altogether. This is just my personal experience of course.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #1,164 of 2,761
I would agree with that. Referring to the MTPC, I find that with the black foam super-tips isolate as much as a BA iem. They are different than the older versions of the foam super-tips. The foam is softer and the ends are tapered off more which has resulted in an excellent fit and seal for me.

MTPC - very dynamic sound with soft highs with excellent extension at both ends. The space and air between instruments and sounds is amongst the best I've heard. There is more emphasis in the mid-bass than sub-bass but it's not overdone. Very realistic sounding tone.

MG7- excellent sub-bass and low end extension. Never heard and iem with the quantity and quality of sub-bass before. The mids and highs have good detail but lacks the space between instruments that I'm fond of. The highs are bright but not sibilant and don't extend too far.

ASG1 (pre burn in) - It sounds hollow and dry. I haven't given it a fair shake yet. I will be patient and continue to burn them in.

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #1,165 of 2,761
Plz do give them more time, i also have the Atrio m5 and Coppers, and i think the asg-1 is the better iem. Maybe the atrio has the better bass but i haven't compared that department thoroughly yet. But in terms of midrange, the asg-1 have more texture and detail, they also have a unique soundstage which sounds very spacious to me. Try listening to songs with an echo in the vocals, i get all giddy to how the asg-1 handles them.   

Feb 29, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #1,166 of 2,761

Quote:
So you would go:

MTPC > MG7 > ASG-1

I can't agree the coppers, well at least when i heard the golds (similar to the MTPC's) are better than the MG7's - apart from soundstage and openness that said.
Then again look at isolation....and then compare them.

Careful when putting unheard IEM into context.  The MTPG are NOT similar to the MTPC. Completely different sound signatures.

Feb 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #1,167 of 2,761

Maybe this is a function of its intended purpose as a musician stage monitor
Quote:

while the ASG1 vocals image behind your years or sometimes even behind my neck What.

​

Feb 29, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #1,168 of 2,761

Quote:
I would agree with that. Referring to the MTPC, I find that with the black foam super-tips isolate as much as a BA iem. They are different than the older versions of the foam super-tips. The foam is softer and the ends are tapered off more which has resulted in an excellent fit and seal for me.

MTPC - very dynamic sound with soft highs with excellent extension at both ends. The space and air between instruments and sounds is amongst the best I've heard. There is more emphasis in the mid-bass than sub-bass but it's not overdone. Very realistic sounding tone.

MG7- excellent sub-bass and low end extension. Never heard and iem with the quantity and quality of sub-bass before. The mids and highs have good detail but lacks the space between instruments that I'm fond of. The highs are bright but not sibilant and don't extend too far.

ASG1 (pre burn in) - It sounds hollow and dry. I haven't given it a fair shake yet. I will be patient and continue to burn them in.

This is a good description of how i would put the MTPG's and MG7's
Although the MTPG's felt a little congested. 

Quote:

Careful when putting unheard IEM into context.  The MTPG are NOT similar to the MTPC. Completely different sound signatures.

Well i understand that they might be a little different but they are of a similar sig. At least this was my assumption.
Either or, what about against the MTPG's?

I preferred my TFTA's to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back