Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 24, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #961 of 2,761

Quote:
As requested, here's a comparison between the Future Sonics Atrios (mg7 variant) and the ASG-1.  The Atrios were reviewed with small stock FS double flanges while I kept switching between medium Sony hybrids, small Monster foam supertips and medium UE single flanges on the ASG-1 (I still haven't figured out my preferred tips on the ASG-1, but for the purposes of this review, the differences between these two IEM's are the same regardless of which of these three tips I have in play).  At the time of writing, the Atrios are well broken in and have over 100 hours on them while the ASG-1's have approximately 35 hours of play time.  Check my last.fm profile (in my sig) if you want to know what type of stuff I listen to.  Listening was performed off my Galaxy S II, unamped.  Lastly, I know this may come as a massive shock, but I didn't use any sort of equalizer on either IEM  *waves white flag*

MANY thanks for your time.
I think I'll go ahead and order them...I agree with your points on the MG7's, all of them.

As you said, the main problem is the soundstage - and no matter what tips I use, it won't change. I wondered to myself if I drilled a hole or somehow modded it, it would open up...but I'm too unskilled to do that.

Now I j=need to find how to order them....by that I mean, i got the price, the shipping quotes....but could someone please inform me about customs duty/fees?
I rather take the extra shipping charge and get it straight sent to me, under my name for the warranty - but I don't want to be charged at customs.

If someone could enlighten me about the customs fees/charges etc, it would be really appreciated!

Quote:
Thanks for the review. I had the MG7s for awhile and have to say my sonic memory greatly deviates from what you are describing. While I know that sonic memory doesnt count for much, I am very surprised to hear you comparing the MG7 treble to the ASG1. I find the ASG's to have much better treble extension than the Atrios. Particularly when it comes to cymbals. Again, I will say I am going off of memory here, which I dont normally like to do, but your description of the atrio treble is so much different than I remember. While it was good, I dont think it has the clarity nor the quality of the Aurisonics. Also, as a complete package, again, I have to say the atrios dont quite measure up, especially in build quality. Yes the bass has slightly less quantity, but the quality, in my opinion is just as good as the atrios.

I can't comment on the ASG-1's....well not yet, but the MG7's do have a nice treble, a little laid back that said, I pushed some EQ through them with a nice bump for the mids and highs, and they sound terrific.

Quote:

Finished my little project. These things were hard as hell to photograph with my phone. I was thinking of maybe painting the other half of the phones white and putting a gloss over it, would look pretty cool, but we'll see. 

Really REALLY beautiful - I'm tempted to send u my pair if I order them lol

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #962 of 2,761

Quote:

If someone could enlighten me about the customs fees/charges etc, it would be really appreciated!

Hey Dubbed, here's what I could find.

1. A commercial shipment below 22 Euros: no duty and no VAT collected.
  2. A commercial shipment between 22 Euros and 150 Euros: no duty but VAT is collected.
  3. A commercial shipment over 150 Euros: duty and VAT are collected.

http://www.fedex.com/us/international/irc/profiles/irc_fr_profile.html?gtmcc=us

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #963 of 2,761

Quote:

2. A commercial shipment between 22 Euros and 150 Euros: no duty but VAT is collected.

Many thanks for the info!
So this would mean that i would have to pay an additional 27€...

So would you think that, ordering through someone in the US would be the most sensible option?

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #964 of 2,761
Bazirker, thanks for the detailed comparison. More expectation-shaping! Am a bit concerned about the low end reproduction on the ASG-1s, as low end is really important for my onstage mix. That said, I must note that with the mg7s, low end punch does diminish noticeably with the Softerwear custom tips - quantity is noticeably decreased, but definition improves, as does soundstage and seperation. Mixes still sound a bit crowded in the middle, even when audio tracks are panned hard left or right (in my home studio setup, or onstage via the aviom system). Hopefully the ASG-1s will match my Atrios+Softerwear in terms of bass reproduction. 

Idsynchrono_24 - that's a really sweet looking paint job. I just might do something similar to my ASG-1s!

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #965 of 2,761
How is the detail , soundstage and separation on the ASG-1?

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #966 of 2,761
Thanks for your ASG-1 v MG7 comparison Bazirker.

Can you please additionally compare & expand on the following :

1. Quality of bass. i.e detail.. texture etc (opposed to quantity)

2. Clarity & detail in the Mids, Lows & Highs. Ability to hear small nuances in the background etc..

3. Separation. Ability to pinpoint instrument positions

4. Timbre of instruments. Level of realism in cymbals & drums.

IdSynchrono Great talent you have there ! Girlfriend must love you for it.    
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #967 of 2,761
They accept a call and payment via credit card :)
My Auntie in the US will be ordering them for me - as customs will prove to be a problem if ordering directly from springtree.

Order will be placed on monday - stock should be in, from memory in early March.

Feb 24, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #968 of 2,761
I haven't listened to a single other universal - except for the new Audiofly AF45 - since I've owned the ASG-1. That is how much I love this IEM. So the W4, XBA-4, TF10, GRO7, FXT-90, EX600 and SM2 are either stored away or lent out to friends.

Now, I have been longing to listen to the 1964-Q, but just hadn't pulled it out. Probably will this weekend, but it won't get a lot of listening time I fear once my Aurisonics customs (I plan to order) come in.

Feb 24, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #969 of 2,761

Quote:
Welcome JoeyRusso, buddy!! You will love these!! I kind of know your sound sig...
beerchug.gif

Thanks E... By all accounts, these should do it for me.. I look forward to hearing them.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #970 of 2,761

Quote:
I haven't listened to a single other universal - except for the new Audiofly AF45 - since I've owned the ASG-1. That is how much I love this IEM. So the W4, XBA-4, TF10, GRO7, FXT-90, EX600 and SM2 are either stored away or lent out to friends.

Now, I have been longing to listen to the 1964-Q, but just hadn't pulled it out. Probably will this weekend, but it won't get a lot of listening time I fear once my Aurisonics customs (I plan to order) come in.

god damn that's on hell of a list.

Especially the W4's is what impresses me.

As I found the W3's really nice, almost 2yrs ago - but couldn't afford it, and even till this day wouldn't dish out that much.

Feb 24, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #971 of 2,761

Quote:

If I may, actually what you call duty (I call it custom fees) is dependant on the nature of the item.
For small electronics, duty is zero, you mainly pay the VAT, which is already high enough on its own.

Can't wait anymore, Matt just told me they may receive the second batch of ASG-1 today and ship it on Monday. Let's hope it'll be the case.
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #972 of 2,761

Quote:

Can't wait anymore, Matt just told me they may receive the second batch of ASG-1 today and ship it on Monday. Let's hope it'll be the case.
biggrin.gif

Yes I heard that as well from Matt.

Worse news is UK customs will hold it for a few days before releasing it.

My jaws are beginning to ache from all the popcorn. Don't know how much more waiting i can take.

popcorn.gif

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #973 of 2,761

Quote:
If I may, actually what you call duty (I call it custom fees) is dependant on the nature of the item.
For small electronics, duty is zero, you mainly pay the VAT, which is already high enough on its own.

biggrin.gif

From Matt:
"[size=11pt]That works! We are expecting the next available shipment to arrive on March 2[/size]nd"

Btw, I'm getting them off my auntie - better way - no customs problems, and cheaper :D

Feb 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM Post #974 of 2,761
Bazirker, thanks for the detailed comparison. More expectation-shaping! Am a bit concerned about the low end reproduction on the ASG-1s, as low end is really important for my onstage mix. That said, I must note that with the mg7s, low end punch does diminish noticeably with the Softerwear custom tips - quantity is noticeably decreased, but definition improves, as does soundstage and seperation. Mixes still sound a bit crowded in the middle, even when audio tracks are panned hard left or right (in my home studio setup, or onstage via the aviom system). Hopefully the ASG-1s will match my Atrios+Softerwear in terms of bass reproduction. 

Idsynchrono_24 - that's a really sweet looking paint job. I just might do something similar to my ASG-1s!

I have the custom softerwear tips on my mg7 Atrios and the ASG, so I can answer your question. PM me and we can talk about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back