Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Apr 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,311 of 2,761

Sorry.. still learning how to use this forum. This was for eke2k6. And if these are the one's.. when I burn them in.. do I put the volume up high? Thanks!

Quote:
Hi Again..

What you said here pretty much nailed it for me and I am ready to order the VSONIC GR07's I just wanted to ask one more time. Is there anything better in this price range for the style of music I play (link below). Basically I will be performing acoustic nylon guitar to backing tracks. The guitar will have a stereo pair of very high end condensers directly on it. I will not be moving around. I will bleed both (backing tracks) and guitar through the IEM's.

Is the VSONIC GR07's "The One" as far as that "woody smooth punchy tone"? Thank you so very much again!!

http://www.reverbnation.com/vitacolonna

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #2,312 of 2,761
I hear the GR07's as fantastic with acoustic guitar, fwiw.

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #2,314 of 2,761
Also, though this does remove the complete seal, I ended up removing the entire grey sheath lining the otter box, even now, without that sheath, mine is still pretty difficult to open but its much more manageable now. 

Quote:
Here's a better description of what I do instead of being a "donkey" and just having a blank face :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixuoIsidt24

You have to literally clamp the otterbox with your fingers and muscles in the palm of your hand (under the thumb).

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2,316 of 2,761

Quote:

Sorry.. still learning how to use this forum. This was for eke2k6. And if these are the one's.. when I burn them in.. do I put the volume up high? Thanks!

LOL, you can put them at normal listening level.  You can put them slightly above, but I burn in at listening level. 

Quote:
Maybe Otter Box needs break-in as well?

Maybe...  Just maybe it does :p

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #2,317 of 2,761
aaaaaand I'm back.

Anyone seeing this now thinks I'm hacking the matrix.

As my title of BANNED hasn't changed :p

Otterbox vs me.
Otterbox won.

http:// www. youtube. com/watch?v=kb2U1P6JQa0

Link cannot be opened, if you do not have the link

REMOVED

I shall take tinyman's second video and see if i have any more luck.
I need more milk.

FYI:
My full ASG-1 review can be found here

Long story short:
I didn't get on well with them, after they hurt my ears, physically - they are very capable earphones, but also very different in all aspects of sound.

Take my 30hrs burn-in review with a grain of salt.

Oh and before I get banned again (I make no money from my website, nor have any sponsors)

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #2,318 of 2,761
^Welcome back before you get B'd again
biggrin.gif

Apr 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #2,319 of 2,761
Just a random thought:

I wonder if Aurisonics would be willing to sell the shell of the ASG-1, only. They are very parts-serviceable oriented, so I can't imagine why not. The shell of the ASG-1 would be a great starting point for DIYers experimenting with their own driver setups!

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #2,321 of 2,761
Welcome back Totally Dubbed, and thanks for the review. Will you be re-reviewing with filters?

I've had about 15 hours with the filters now, and am preferring some aspects, but not others. Too early to form an opinion though.  

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #2,322 of 2,761
Apr 5, 2012 at 8:18 AM Post #2,323 of 2,761

Quote:
Welcome back Totally Dubbed, and thanks for the review. Will you be re-reviewing with filters?

I've had about 15 hours with the filters now, and am preferring some aspects, but not others. Too early to form an opinion though.  

Nop - my ASG-1's JUST sold + paid for

And yes, again, like a baws, whilst I was banned, I conducted the sale.

Sorry :/

end of the day my conclusion was this:
Either keep, and leave them in their box, or sell them on for a good price - so that someone enjoys them.

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,324 of 2,761

Quote:
Nop - my ASG-1's JUST sold + paid for

And yes, again, like a baws, whilst I was banned, I conducted the sale.

Sorry :/

end of the day my conclusion was this:
Either keep, and leave them in their box, or sell them on for a good price - so that someone enjoys them.

You made a couple of banned sales, like a baws :p

Apr 5, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2,325 of 2,761

Quote:
You made a couple of banned sales, like a baws :p

haha yes my man :D!
Hope you are enjoying the 8320's :)

Anyway - I'll be off the Aurisonics scene.
Although I can gladly  give you comparisons with the MG7's and MDT's etc.

The ASG-1's are what I consider special, to anything I've ever heard.

I just didn't get along that well with the EQ'ing and all - but ESPECIALLY after I had those pains.
It was like:
EQ'ing heavily is "bad" enough, now pains on my ears, that's another level.
Decided to post them for sale as soon as I got back.

Didn't EVEN have the chance...(they sold before i got un-banned) poor me :p

FYI:
people looking for soundstage, shouldn't look past the ASG-1's.
IE8's are nice...but common its like an echo in a concert hall - ASG-1's DO SOUNDTAGE brilliantly. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back