Aurisonics ASG-1.3 Review (Updated: 14MAY2013)
Oct 23, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #47 of 66
I just got myself a pair of these.
Firstly, these are the first pair of in ears I have been comfortable wearing.
I hear that these require a lot of burn in, which I am hoping is true as on my first listen I would say that these would make hd650s sound bright.

In any case I will get some miles on these before forming an opinion.
Worst case I will upgrade them to asg2 later :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #49 of 66
Damn I'm envious of you, I still have to wait a few more weeks for mine to come.

How deep is the insertion for these? From pictures, seems like they require a rather deep insertion.

I haven't had much time with them but judging from the 2 tips I have tried so far you can go either.
The double flange tips are quite a deep fit.
The medium singles are quite shallow.
I prefer shallow, and the shallower tips seem to tame the bass a little.
In saying that, this will all change with burn in.
Shall keep you posted.

Nov 22, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #52 of 66
I finally got mine after waiting for 2 Months. But, does anyone have a problem with using a aftermarket cable? The stock cable is slimmer then my aftermarket one ( Null Audio Lune ) , the Lune is just too fat to fit. Oh btw, I'm talking about the part that connects to the socket in your Aurisonics.

Nov 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #53 of 66
I finally got mine after waiting for 2 Months. But, does anyone have a problem with using a aftermarket cable? The stock cable is slimmer then my aftermarket one ( Null Audio Lune ) , the Lune is just too fat to fit. Oh btw, I'm talking about the part that connects to the socket in your Aurisonics.

I use moon audio silver dragon, works fine. You just have to make sure it's westone recessed.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #55 of 66
Thanks for your input, didnt know that there were 2 type of westone jacks.

There aren't. All Westone style jacks should be recessed. But some makers don't differentiate properly for the 2pin. I believe there is a thread somewhere for aftermarket cables that states what style termination the cables have.

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #58 of 66
Sadly I moved on from these some time ago.
I probably didnt give them enough time to burn in but I found them to be almost muffled.
The bass was fantastic and the mids were great, but as much as I like smooth treble, it was just far too rolled of for me personally.
If they could add the ASG1.3 bass to the RE 400's I would be in heaven haha.

All the best and I hope you are still enjoying these!!

P.S.  Has anyone here upgraded to the ASG2?
If so what are the big differences?

Scott

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #59 of 66
Sadly I moved on from these some time ago.
I probably didnt give them enough time to burn in but I found them to be almost muffled.
The bass was fantastic and the mids were great, but as much as I like smooth treble, it was just far too rolled of for me personally.
If they could add the ASG1.3 bass to the RE 400's I would be in heaven haha.

All the best and I hope you are still enjoying these!!

P.S.  Has anyone here upgraded to the ASG2?
If so what are the big differences?

Scott

I actually partook of the upgrade program during the summer. And for me it fixed the biggest problem which was the treble. I have no regrets really. Some string instruments sound slightly metallic, but it isn't bad. Part of me wishes that I had kept the 1.3s but it was overall for the best.

I am going to be picking up the rockets though which will hopefully fill the slight gap left by the 1.3s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back