Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Jan 9, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #827 of 1,048
Sorry to hear, but it’s “What goes right when things go wrong” that counts… let’s hope it comes back to you soon - absence makes the ears grow fonder but nobody wants to have to do this! I find it hard leaving the Nirvana behind “just going on holidays. My family wonders why I’m always excited to get home!!!

T

Jan 9, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #828 of 1,048
"I find it hard leaving the Nirvana behind “just going on holidays."

You leave yours behind?!? :scream:

Ok... so do I but I do take my Naim HE with the Elites :L3000:

I have many photography bags that I've collected over the years and one of the Manfrotto ones is the perfect fit for the Atom HE (main compartment) and a top space that takes a Roon NUC, power supply and 20" of ethernet cables.... just in case the router at the self catering place is a long way away from a comfortable chair!

It seems such a shame to waste magnificent views when your in the Scottish Highlands and not have your favourite headphones and a quality music system... because you also know it's going to chuck it down... so, you have to go out for a rainy day a drive, towards a distillery and buy a rather nice single malt to take back and enjoy with the view and music. The Atom HE's simplicity is the biz for this!

But, I still enjoy returning to that loverly tube goodness. Dam... it's going to feel like ages!

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #829 of 1,048
"I find it hard leaving the Nirvana behind “just going on holidays."

You leave yours behind?!? :scream:

Ok... so do I but I do take my Naim HE with the Elites :L3000:

I have many photography bags that I've collected over the years and one of the Manfrotto ones is the perfect fit for the Atom HE (main compartment) and a top space that takes a Roon NUC, power supply and 20" of ethernet cables.... just in case the router at the self catering place is a long way away from a comfortable chair!

It seems such a shame to waste magnificent views when your in the Scottish Highlands and not have your favourite headphones and a quality music system... because you also know it's going to chuck it down... so, you have to go out for a rainy day a drive, towards a distillery and buy a rather nice single malt to take back and enjoy with the view and music. The Atom HE's simplicity is the biz for this!

But, I still enjoy returning to that loverly tube goodness. Dam... it's going to feel like ages!

Now that’s commitment :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Jan 12, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #830 of 1,048
A cross-post from the Caldera thread which may be relevant here regarding chaining the amps. I used a pre-ordered custom cable, connecting the Nirvana Headphone XLR out to the RCA-3 dual RCA inetrconnect inputs. The Nirvana is a very clean preamp and great preamp in this setup. Also, its Nirvana remote which drives its volume too quickly in direct use, works perfect in this chained setup.

1673505265014.png

Late night listening on the caldera. After a shoulder surgery, for practical reasons I had to choose one headphone in advance, and the Caldera was my choice; and I put the Auris Nirvana as a pre to the CFA-3, which lets me control the volume easily with the Auris remote. This setup gets a wonderful and tactile bass, combinig a hint of tube voicing with the super clear SS being most prominent. Definition on this track is wonderful. Fun burning the midnight oil with this wonderful creation. Revisiting favorite oldies with it is a bliss of rediscoveries.. ❤️

Jan 12, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #832 of 1,048
And a lovely listening area to boot (I like the art) :)
Thanks! My grandfather was a painter, and my daughter is an artist. I kept the spirit by simply appreciating it…:wink:

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #833 of 1,048
I want to ask you please, who own the susvara and nirvana, I assume u all use high gain, with the volume knob, how far do you have to dial it in ( at 12 o'clock or 3 i clock)

And what dac do you use, and what is the voltage output of your dac ( 5 or 10V )

And will changing the preamp tube from ECC82 to Ecc81, help to give more headroom with the volume/ knob and lower the amount of volume you have to dial in

Jan 14, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #834 of 1,048
never go past 9:30 o'clock... (DAC is Bricasti with standard 4v XLR out)
with ECC82
so much headroom not remotely a concern.. drives Susvara (super) easily
just focus on synergy/sound profile - personally, I find it great.
For reference, I also use a power amp (moon 330A), as well as a solid a solid state CFA-3, and love them with the Sus as well. I do think the Nirvana has a unique sound profile that synergizes with the Sus beautifully.

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #835 of 1,048
with ECC82
For reference, I also use a power amp (moon 330A), as well as a solid a solid state CFA-3, and love them with the Sus as well. I do think the Nirvana has a unique sound profile that synergizes with the Sus beautifully.
that is weird as someone who uses a 5v dac fixed output, with sus on high gain has to dial in at almost 70% in volume

what could be the reason for this huge difference you mention

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #836 of 1,048
that is weird as someone who uses a 5v dac fixed output, with sus on high gain has to dial in at almost 70% in volume

what could be the reason for this huge difference you mention

listening t way too high volume or already bad hearing... honestly no idea, thats insane

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #837 of 1,048
listening t way too high volume or already bad hearing... honestly no idea, thats insane
actually he listens a mid volume and he has good hearing, I myself tested the system with diff dacs and we had to dial in at least 70% voume on high gain with ecc82 and 60% with ecc81 tubes

that is really strange

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #838 of 1,048
ok, just tested this live for you...

Susvara plugged directly to my Auris Nirvana (mk2, so it's high gain only set up). Fed by BricastI M3 via XLR out. Gain tube is Siemens 5814A 1974, output tubes are Sophia Electric EL34-ST.

A hair above 9 o'clock is as high as I dare to go, with wide soundstage and roaing, well-defined, deep bass...

1673721600890.png

1673721639730.png

Jan 14, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #839 of 1,048
with ECC82
we have no clue why we have to go 70% volume using different dacs, this is really weird and on high gain

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #840 of 1,048
we have no clue why we have to go 70% volume using different dacs, this is really weird and on high gain
only possible explanation/guess I can think of is that oerhaps your amo is stuck in low gain and gain switch isn't working properly?
I would reach out to Auris for technical support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back