Auris Nirvana EL34 Amp in the house!
Jun 9, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #391 of 1,086
I wouldn't say very close when there is $2k difference, more like they're in similar price range, anyway as I mentioned before 300B is hard to beat, it is one of the best sounding tube, but for whatever reason if you need to get a new pair of tubes, it may not for better sound quality, it can simply because the old tubes dies on you, and when you try to get another pair it is quite costly, let alone to say that you are after better sound quality, it is something that one have to take into account, but to be honest, does the envy sounds great and better than Nirvana? I bet it is and I like it, but will I try to get my hand on one? Most likely no, I've owned a 300B amp long time ago, don't wanna spend another fortune on one again.
Some 300B's are very easy to beat by other 300B's, though. The amp will sound very, very different if you're using Genelex Gold Lions than if you're using Western Electrics; all depends how much you want to spend for better sound. For me, it was worth it to get WE's; for others it might not be.

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #392 of 1,086
Some 300B's are very easy to beat by other 300B's, though. The amp will sound very, very different if you're using Genelex Gold Lions than if you're using Western Electrics; all depends how much you want to spend for better sound. For me, it was worth it to get WE's; for others it might not be.
Nods. Considerations beforehand to not be cheap need to be met. Don't short yourself.

Jun 9, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #393 of 1,086
I have an offer from my dealer for both. The difference is only 600 euro's (for the regular Envy version that is).

I am going to audition them together, as I was deadset on the Nirvana, but the Feliks Envy looks so great and the reviews are very glowing about the Susvara pairing.

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #394 of 1,086
I have an offer from my dealer for both. The difference is only 600 euro's (for the regular Envy version that is).

I am going to audition them together, as I was deadset on the Nirvana, but the Feliks Envy looks so great and the reviews are very glowing about the Susvara pairing.
Tbh at 600€ difference I'd go straight for the Envy.

Jun 9, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #395 of 1,086

Just trust your ears... blind test ideally if dealer can help with that.. curious to get your report

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #396 of 1,086
Wrong. It is dependent on the amplifier as most tubes always want to see a load otherwise you should recognize if your amplifier has a protection mechanism for correct operational use.
Is this true that most of the tube amps always needs to be connected to headphones even while switching on and off ?
Is this true in case of Auris Nirvana too ?

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #397 of 1,086

Kindly do enlighten us all with your results of AB testing between Auris Nirvana and Feliks Envy.

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #398 of 1,086
Is this true that most of the tube amps always needs to be connected to headphones even while switching on and off ?
I've had several tube headphone amps (including Nirvana) that I ran with nothing connected, and had no problem at all. Always watch out for the use of 'always'! :)

Jun 16, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #399 of 1,086
The context applies to speaker amplification.

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #400 of 1,086
JJ Electronic EL34 rolled out...

Sophia Electric EL34-ST rolled in...

Thanks everyone for your recommendations. To start, it looks awesome :)
Now for some listening...
Do you see any interesting changes with the Sophias ?

Jun 20, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #401 of 1,086
Tbh at 600€ difference I'd go straight for the Envy.
i’m curious about the nirvana and will hopefully demo soon but also curious why you say go for the envy. What’s your experience with these?
Or what have you read?

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #402 of 1,086
i’m curious about the nirvana and will hopefully demo soon but also curious why you say go for the envy. What’s your experience with these?
Or what have you read?
It's more about the tube selection.
I read about a lot of great and easy to aquire 300Bs while great EL34s are harder and harder to aquire.

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #403 of 1,086
Jun 21, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #404 of 1,086
@goldwerger : how much for Sophia ? I can't find its references in Europe ?

If not, have other owners tried other tubes ?

About me I have a Telefunken ECC802s as preamp

Jun 21, 2022 at 10:31 AM Post #405 of 1,086

Users who are viewing this thread

Back