Auris HA2 SF
Mar 18, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #31 of 376
That is interesting and useful, and I have heard for numerous other amps, people reporting 2 settings for impedence working, and the less recommended one sounding subjectively better. Sometimes the preferences synergize with source or music as well.

What is most important is whether the real endpoints of the range the amp provides correspond to your headphone collection.

I have an HA-2SF on order from Moon Audio. Apparently they just left Serbia yesterday, so maybe shipping next week for me.
It thakes some guts beeing early adopter ; ) . Congratulation ! Which Headphones do you own ?

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #33 of 376
That is interesting and useful, and I have heard for numerous other amps, people reporting 2 settings for impedence working, and the less recommended one sounding subjectively better. Sometimes the preferences synergize with source or music as well.

What is most important is whether the real endpoints of the range the amp provides correspond to your headphone collection.

I have an HA-2SF on order from Moon Audio. Apparently they just left Serbia yesterday, so maybe shipping next week for me. Perhaps I should have ordered from Auris store directly, but the Moon people are very nice.

@ManKli Can you please show exactly what the ECC82 and ECC99 tubes are in the HA-2SF? Maybe a pic of the box, or pic from the manual? Thanks
; ) we got close to midnight in switzerland, it has to wait.....if you are interested i searched for alternative Tubes, there are no alternatives avaible. This is not a Tube Rolling Amp. There is no need !

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #34 of 376
It thakes some guts beeing early adopter ; ) . Congratulation ! Which Headphones do you own ?

Meze Empyrean, Heddphone, ZMF Verité, HD800S, GoldPlanar 2000, and some toys.

There are a few alternative tubes. Very few. Almost none. But not none.

That said, it bodes well if the stock tubes don’t create the desire for tube rolling!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #35 of 376

I have an HA-2SF on order from Moon Audio. Apparently they just left Serbia yesterday, so maybe shipping next week for me. Perhaps I should have ordered from Auris store directly, but the Moon people are very nice.

@ManKli Can you please show exactly what the ECC82 and ECC99 tubes are in the HA-2SF? Maybe a pic of the box, or pic from the manual? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0272.jpg
    IMG_0272.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Mar 18, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #36 of 376
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #40 of 376
Thanks. Here is a roll for the driver.

https://www.thetubestore.com/genalex-gold-lion-ecc82-b749

https://www.thetubestore.com/search?keywords=ecc82

And no, I have no plan to sell the Euforia AE, and its excellent compliment of tubes, adapters, and power adapters from @Deyan ! I love the thing. Different topology and more power adds a dimension to my setup. We shall see if the new one is worth keeping. Clearly @ManKli, you feel that it is.
I adorded the Euforia, it just was not aible to drive the HEDDaudio Headphone. Sometimes you have to let go...

Mar 18, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #42 of 376
Exactly. It even looks beautiful.

Waiting takes so long... I'm sure you waited much longer, probably engaging with Auris during late development, and then for early availabiliy.

Good night...You are up too late!

I totally agree. Euforia AE, regardless of tube rolls, is useless for Hedd. I can make it work beautifully for everything else. I have to turn up Ref level on DAC for the planars, though. I anticipate that HA-2SF will be better for these as well.
The Auris will Drive the Heddphone easy, juet make shure you use balanced in/out

Mar 23, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #45 of 376
I owned and used the HA-2SF for the last couple of weeks. I've used it with Audeze lcd-x, ZMF Aeolus and ZMF Verite Closed. I went from the Mjolnir2 to the HA-2SF, it was a whole new experience moving to the HA-2SF. I really like Schiit but that was a new ball game. I could get the MJ to little over 12o clock. The HA-2SF I can't get much past 8o clock. The VU I've got to rocking no more than neg 10, it's just too much power(should be a good thing I would think). All tubes are stock JJ's. (my opinion is because they're made in the same region was my thoughts). The ecc99 driver is pretty limited (normal and gold pin, no variants) but then again, they tuned this amp on they're tubes. I've heard the opinion that the driver can make the most difference which is the ecc82. As mentioned, the impedance is not marked. My guess would have been 30, 300 and 600. I've tried all three settings with each of my headphones but tend to stay with middle (my guess 300) for my ZMF's, and first for the Audeze (30?). The Nirvana has detailed markings for each setting 32, 80, 150, 300 and 600. The Nirvana has the el34 drivers versus the ecc99. Plus the Nirvana has a transformer per channel. Those are the biggest difference besides twice the price. Same power supply, they've moved to what looks like the same power supply between the HA-2SF and the Nirvana. I've been driving the HA-2SF with Schiit Bifrost2. I think it's an amazing amp but this is my first real (guessing) tube amp from hybird. Since I'm still on my journey down the rabbit hold. I recently sold the HA-2SF (and that person got a really good deal) and picked up the Nirvana. I've got Mullard 82 and 34's coming in for the Nirvana. I had the 82 last night but need to box up the HA-2SF for the next person and got it in the mail for him today or I would have tried the 82 on the HA-2SF. The 82 is NOS, so it wouldn't have been burned in, so it probably would be an accurate representation for the sound. Even the JJ's I had in there probably didn't have the full burn in time but the sound still was amazing coming from the Mjolnir2. Oh, this is not a balanced amp and I'm confident the Nirvana also is not. I've watched the interview from the Auris team in regards to this product and it sounds like people like the xlr connection option. I've tried both XLR and SE connectors, no difference in sound. (I've used bifrost2 xlr connectors to the Mjolnir2 with xlr headphone connector, you could tell the difference between the se and balance output (but the Auris is still more powerful even thought it's single ended)) Any questions or thoughts or something I missed that I can give my opinion on, let me know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back