Auris HA2 SF
Feb 28, 2021 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 376

ManKli

Head-Fier
Hi there,

The Sucessor of the highly-rated HA2 SE is now shipping in small numbers. I am happy to receive one of the first units. I owned a Feliks Audio Euforia for two years. The HA-2SF almost doubled the Output to 2 Watts. It is fully Balanced and allows Impedance Adjustments to whatever Headphone you use.

From Auris Audio Website:

HA - 2SF

The star has been born again and the successor of the famous HA-2SE amplifier is ready for the market to rise even higher than its predecessor. The HA-2SF was one of the best-selling devices from the Auris product range which launched Auris Audio to the very top of the world when it comes to the headphone amplifiers.

The HA-2SE gets its successor that will have similar basis and price range but with a lot of improvements and additions compared to its predecessor. As the main feature, it is adorned with a balanced input and output, as well as VU meters on the front.
Auris Audio is always seeking for perfection in sound and appearance and we all know that High-End does not allow any compromises. Carried by this experience, Auris Audio designed new great HA-2SF headphone amplifier. What this amplifier provides will satisfy all high-end users. Using the latest innovative technology, selected premium components in designing this headphone amplifier, that can only guarantee an extraordinary experience.

It is close to neutral, no euphonics what so ever. Puch in the lower regions with a seemless transition to the mids. Treble is extented and crystal clear. My Empyrean goes perfect with it. Even the HEDDAudio Heddphone works fine. The Amp delivers enough power for the most Headphone out there. My Endgame Amp for Magnestotatics, Dynamics.. sa

I am very Impressed, the first Tube Amp with all relevant criterias (connectivity, impedance selection, neutral tuning, powerfull and yes, beautiful built !).

http://aurisaudio.rs/index.php/prod...pages/products/headphone-amplifiers/36-ha-2sf

If you got the chance to experience this Amp - go for it and take your time....

Greetings
Manuel

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 376
Hello Manuel,

I would suggest that you should change the name of the threat to HA-2SF, as that is the new amp to which you are referring.

You (or someone) cross-posted the same thread on "that other forum which shall not be named." Are you a lucky/brave early customer, or a vendor/industry member, who can provide the community with even more detailed and usul information and impressions. In any case, it is always interesting to hear first impressions of newly available devices.

Based on public specs, the HA-2SF ticks a lot of boxes. It's predecessor has very little discussion here on Head-Fi, and elsewhere for that matter. The used ones here seemed to take a very long time to sell. I would hope that any real concerns about the previous model have been addressed by the new model. It looks sort of like a "Baby Nirvana" now, and hopefully can drive planars decently. Also, is there any detailed info about the topology of the amp... fully balanced, OTL, etc? The available inputs and outputs look very complete for the price point.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 376
Hello Manuel,

I would suggest that you should change the name of the threat to HA-2SF, as that is the new amp to which you are referring.

You (or someone) cross-posted the same thread on "that other forum which shall not be named." Are you a lucky/brave early customer, or a vendor/industry member, who can provide the community with even more detailed and usul information and impressions. In any case, it is always interesting to hear first impressions of newly available devices.

Based on public specs, the HA-2SF ticks a lot of boxes. It's predecessor has very little discussion here on Head-Fi, and elsewhere for that matter. The used ones here seemed to take a very long time to sell. I would hope that any real concerns about the previous model have been addressed by the new model. It looks sort of like a "Baby Nirvana" now, and hopefully can drive planars decently. Also, is there any detailed info about the topology of the amp... fully balanced, OTL, etc? The available inputs and outputs look very complete for the price point.
Hi incredulous

Thank`s for your reply. I changed the name to HA-2SF , my fault. Yes i posted on ASR also, why not ?. Using yor definition i am a "lucky/brave early customer". After 2 years with the Feliks Audio Euphoria i experienced some limitations with the HEDDAudio Heddphone. The Auris HA-2SF drives my Empyrean, Heddphone, Stellia and Clear with ease. The VU Meters barely moves. The Design does indeed remind of the "Nirvana", the selection of Tubes is quite different. Anyways, for detailed technical informations please contact Auris Audio at info@aurisaudio.rs. .

Greetings
Manuel

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 376
I have Euforia AE, and it is not sufficient to fully drive Heddphone. It drives Empyrean well, with stock tubes and recordings which are not recorded at a low level. EQ and some tube rolls make this worse, decreasing the usability of Empyrean and other low impedance planars. I really love Empys with a tube amp, and though I have no plans to part with Euforia, I would like something more potent to drive the planars. This might just meet my needs. I don’t want to go to the $5k price range at this point. Can you in more detail please compare HA-2SF with Euforia, vis à vis Empyrean and Hedd?

Thanks

Mar 5, 2021 at 10:43 AM Post #5 of 376
I have Euforia AE, and it is not sufficient to fully drive Heddphone. It drives Empyrean well, with stock tubes and recordings which are not recorded at a low level. EQ and some tube rolls make this worse, decreasing the usability of Empyrean and other low impedance planars. I really love Empys with a tube amp, and though I have no plans to part with Euforia, I would like something more potent to drive the planars. This might just meet my needs. I don’t want to go to the $5k price range at this point. Can you in more detail please compare HA-2SF with Euforia, vis à vis Empyrean and Hedd?

Thanks
Hi incredulousity

I really liked the Empyrean with the Euforia, it`s a great combo. There are two reasons why i sold it. I changed the Listening setup where i needed longer cable between the DAC and Amp and also from the Amp to the Headphones. So i decided to use balanced cables and switch to the Auris HA-2SF with balanced in/out`s. Second, after i decided to keep the HEDDphone, i realized i need more Headroom/authority. The HEDDphone is not for everyone, the weight is clearly a issue..

If i would not have changed the setup (distances) and decided to sell the HEDD, i would have keep the Euforia. The biggest difference between the Euforia and the Auris (beside the Power Output) is the tuning. While the Euforia is a typical Tube Amp (in the best sense) the Auris is more on the neutral side. However, while i love the Cayin i-HA 6 with all my Headphones, the Auris is in the sweet Spot between the Cayin and the Euforia. If you like the tuning of the Euforia, and have no need for more Power keep the Euforia - it is a great Amp ! Keep in mind the Auris is much bigger and has a external Powed Supply. Also this is not a Amp for tube rollers, there are not a lot alternatives to the stock tubes..

Is it worth to sell the Euforia for the only reason to drive the HEDD ? Probably not, a Topping D 90 will do the Job (i tried it, its a great combo). If you want just one Amp for the most Headphones on the Planet : ) ? You will not regret the purchase of the Auris Audio.

So i hope this gives you an sense about this two Amps. Also please excuse the butchering of your language : ) .

Greetings from Switzerland.
Manuel

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 376
Hi incredulous

I really liked the Empyrean with the Euforia, it`s a great combo. There are two reasons why i sold it. I changed the Listening setup where i needed longer cable between the DAC and Amp and also from the Amp to the Headphones. So i decided to use balanced cables and switch to the Auris HA-2SF with balanced in/out`s. Second, after i decided to keep the HEDDphone, i realized i need more Headroom/authority. The HEDDphone is not for everyone, the weight is clearly a issue..

If i would not have changed the setup (distances) and decided to sell the HEDD, i would have keep the Euforia. The biggest difference between the Euforia and the Auris (beside the Power Output) is the tuning. While the Euforia is a typical Tube Amp (in the best sense) the Auris is more on the neutral side. However, while i love the Cayin i-HA 6 with all my Headphones, the Auris is in the sweet Spot between the Cayin and the Euforia. If you like the tuning of the Euforia, and have no need for more Power keep the Euforia - it is a great Amp ! Keep in mind the Auris is much bigger and has a external Powed Supply. Also this is not a Amp for tube rollers, there are not a lot alternatives to the stock tubes..

Is it worth to sell the Euforia for the only reason to drive the HEDD ? Probably not, a Topping D 90 will do the Job (i tried it, its a great combo). If you want just one Amp for every Headphone (except electrostats) on the Planet : ) ? You will not regret the purchase of the Auris Audio.

So i hope this gives you an sense about this two Amps. Also please excuse the butchering of your language : ) .

Greetings from Switzerland.
Manuel
Adendum: Check out the Cayin i-HA 6 , it is a fantastic balanced Amp with lots of Power...

Mar 6, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 376
If you want just one Amp for every Headphone (except electrostats) on the Planet : ) ? You will not regret the purchase of the Auris Audio.
Very interested in this AMP as an all in one, mostly for my VC and Diana V2. I'm not worried about VC as they don't require much power and sound great on basically any tube amp. However, I am concerned about power for the Diana. My WA-6SE has the same output power as the Auris (2 watts @ 32 ohm) and it is NOT enough to properly drive the Diana. I suspect they need at least 3-4 watts to properly power them. I realize current is also important and I don't know what the differences are between WA-6SE and the Auris with current, but on power output alone, the Auris shouldn't be sufficient enough to drive any headphone on the planet. Diana V2 aren't even that demanding, with things like 1266, Susvara etc out there. I'm not super familiar with Hedd or how hard they are drive, but has anyone tried this amp with some other hard to drive planars?

Mar 7, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #9 of 376
Very interested in this AMP as an all in one, mostly for my VC and Diana V2. I'm not worried about VC as they don't require much power and sound great on basically any tube amp. However, I am concerned about power for the Diana. My WA-6SE has the same output power as the Auris (2 watts @ 32 ohm) and it is NOT enough to properly drive the Diana. I suspect they need at least 3-4 watts to properly power them. I realize current is also important and I don't know what the differences are between WA-6SE and the Auris with current, but on power output alone, the Auris shouldn't be sufficient enough to drive any headphone on the planet. Diana V2 aren't even that demanding, with things like 1266, Susvara etc out there. I'm not super familiar with Hedd or how hard they are drive, but has anyone tried this amp with some other hard to drive planars?

I didn't mean that very seriously (therefore the smiley). Of course there are some Headphones who need a lot of power. Audiovalve from Germany offers several Amps for these types of Headphones which deliver up to 12 Watts inclusive connectors for Stax electrostats :

https://www.audiovalve.info/de/product-category/headphone-amplifier/

For example the RKV HAA EDITION, 2 x 8 watt / 200 ohms load. EUR 2800.00 (without Stax connectors)

https://www.audiovalve.info/shop/headphone-amplifier/rkv-2/

Review here:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audio-valve-rkv-haa-edition.24852/reviews#item-review-24986

Attachments

• Frontseite-RKV-HAA.jpg
    Frontseite-RKV-HAA.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 7, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #10 of 376
Hi there,

The Sucessor of the highly-rated HA2 SE is now shipping in small numbers. I am happy to receive one of the first units. I owned a Feliks Audio Euforia for two years. The HA-2SF almost doubled the Output to 2 Watts. It is fully Balanced and allows Impedance Adjustments to whatever Headphone you use.

From Auris Audio Website:

HA - 2SF

The star has been born again and the successor of the famous HA-2SE amplifier is ready for the market to rise even higher than its predecessor. The HA-2SF was one of the best-selling devices from the Auris product range which launched Auris Audio to the very top of the world when it comes to the headphone amplifiers.

The HA-2SE gets its successor that will have similar basis and price range but with a lot of improvements and additions compared to its predecessor. As the main feature, it is adorned with a balanced input and output, as well as VU meters on the front.
Auris Audio is always seeking for perfection in sound and appearance and we all know that High-End does not allow any compromises. Carried by this experience, Auris Audio designed new great HA-2SF headphone amplifier. What this amplifier provides will satisfy all high-end users. Using the latest innovative technology, selected premium components in designing this headphone amplifier, that can only guarantee an extraordinary experience.

It is close to neutral, no euphonics what so ever. Puch in the lower regions with a seemless transition to the mids. Treble is extented and crystal clear. My Empyrean goes perfect with it. Even the HEDDAudio Heddphone works fine. The Amp delivers enough power for every Headphone out there. My Endgame Amp for Magnestotatics, Dynamics.. sa

I am very Impressed, the first Tube Amp with all relevant criterias (connectivity, balanced, impedance selection, powerfull and yes, beautiful built !).

http://aurisaudio.rs/index.php/prod...pages/products/headphone-amplifiers/36-ha-2sf

If you got the chance to experience this Amp - go for it and take your time....

Greetings
Manuel

Mar 8, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #11 of 376
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back