Auris HA2 SF
Mar 10, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #16 of 376
i received an email from moon audio that they are now taking pre-orders on the auris ha-2sf. i purchased not too long ago a schiit mjolnir 2, which i am pretty happy with, but the auris looks way more interesting. if people have any impressions, please post. thanks.

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #17 of 376
i received an email from moon audio that they are now taking pre-orders on the auris ha-2sf. i purchased not too long ago a schiit mjolnir 2, which i am pretty happy with, but the auris looks way more interesting. if people have any impressions, please post. thanks.
Hey vcoheda

I am listen to the HA-2Sf since last Decembre. Besides, i have the Feliks Audio Echo, the Cayin CS-1H and the Eliks Audio Euphoria (now sold)...all Tube Amps. I own also these two Solid State Amps : Cayin iHA-6 and a Topping DX 7 Pro. Headphones i use : Mezze Empyrean, HEDDaudio Heddphone, Focal Stellia, Focal Clear.

As long i had the Eliks Euforia i feld the need for the authority from the Cayin iHA-6 . Not that i didnt like the Euforia, but with very Dynamic Music the Cayin hat a lot more souveranity. After adding the HEDDaudio Heddphone to my selection, it was clear the Euforia is not up the Task. The Auris Audio combines the souverenity of the Cayin iHA-6 with the tuning of the Cayin CS-1H / Eliks Euforia. Neutral , clean with a wonderful subbass, mids to highs without euphonics - just incredible and stable up to high volumes. Even with the HEDDphone i never passed over 12 o-clock.

Exotic Headphones need exotic Amps, for such Headphones i already postet alternatives.If you dont own a Abyss, Susvara, Hifiman SE 6 etc. the Auris Audio will give you decades of Pleasure - a great way spending $ 2500.00. There is no risk, this is not a industrial Massproduct, second hand demand will be high.

The Auris Aurio HA-S2f ist (after the Luxman L-509X) my best purchase of the last 20 audiohphile years.
The Design an built quality ist outstandig, also the Support from Auris Audio ist second to none. Right after my Email contact, the CEO personally answered all my questions. If you dont have to save 10 years to afford this amount, i promise you will not regret the purchase.

Greetings
Manuel

Attachments

• Auris_Audio_HA-2Sf.jpg
    Auris_Audio_HA-2Sf.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Cayin_CS-1H.jpg
    Cayin_CS-1H.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Feliks_Audio_Echo.jpg
    Feliks_Audio_Echo.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Feliks_Audio_Euforia.jpg
    Feliks_Audio_Euforia.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Cayin_iHA-6.jpg
    Cayin_iHA-6.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 0
  • topping_dx7_pro_1599117959_d32da962_progressive.jpg
    topping_dx7_pro_1599117959_d32da962_progressive.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #20 of 376
Also, I know that it has three impedance selections (high, medium, and low), do you know what values they are?
Position 1 is for Low Impedance HF (most newer Models) from 32 Ohm up to approx. 250 Ohms. Position 2 from 300-500 Ohms. Position 3 up from 600 Ohms. With the Empyrean, HEDDaudio Heddphone, Focal Stellia & Clear i found the Position 1&2 the best Sounding. I dont have a HF over 300 Ohms...

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #22 of 376
Looks like a pretty sweet tube amp.

How does it compare to other tube amps you have experienced. Can you compare it to other 'neutral' tube amps such as the ZMF pendant?
No i can`t. Before i had a Feliks Audio Euforia an a Cayin HA-1A MK2. The Euforia was a typical Tube Amp, warm, forgiving an somewhat slow. I liked the combination with the Empyrean, the limiting Factor is power output and the missing of balanced in-and outputs. The same with the Cayin (in relation to connectivity). While the Cayin ist more on the neural side it lacks also in power output.

The Auris delivers more as double the Power, has balanced in/outputs and has these beautiful VU Meters. Most Important, the Auris has a neutral tuning with just a hint of Tube Goodness. This is by no way a Euphonic Amp, Tube connoisseurs will maybe disappointed. As you see on miy thread above i had/have some choice of different high quality Amps. If i ha to chose to live with only one Amp to the end of Time ? I ll chose the Auralic in a
blink of an eye. My best investment in Head-Fi so far....

Mar 18, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #23 of 376
Thanks for answering my question. If you have the actual output impedance values that would be perfect, but this is also good.

Auris Audio describes the Range of the 3 Positions fluently fom 32 Ohm to 600 Ohm. This is a analog circuit so is not possible to exactly distinguish the impedance. This is actually not necessary because the decision which setting is correct is done by Ear. There is no Amp on the Earth which has Settings for each HF Impedance possible. It is not how this works....

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #25 of 376
Sure, but they have ranges and those can be pretty different across amps in terms of what is "low" or what is "high". Even the previous version of this amp had exact numbers associated with each (50, 150, 300, 600). I think that is what he was asking.
....again, the HA2-SF has 3 Positions of Impedance Settings. 1 , 2, 3, . Auris Audio (you just have to visit the Auris Ausio Website to get this Information) set the range from 32-600 Ohm. So the range is fluently. What is really important that this Amp support HF in this range. Do you have HF with impedance under 32 Ohm or over 600 Ohm ? Look for a other Amp :relieved:

Mar 18, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #26 of 376
....again, the HA2-SF has 3 Positions of Impedance Settings. 1 , 2, 3, . Auris Audio (you just have to visit the Auris Ausio Website to get this Information) set the range from 32-600 Ohm. So the range is fluently. What is really important that this Amp support HF in this range. Do you have HF with impedance under 32 Ohm or over 600 Ohm ? Look for a other Amp :relieved:
Look I appreciate the info you have brought with your post, it is very helpful. However, if you don't know the answer that's OK, but it is bad etiquette to invalidate someone's question. Some people want to know what the actual value is because they have their own opinion or are just curious.

Mar 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #27 of 376
Look I appreciate the info you have brought with your post, it is very helpful. However, if you don't know the answer that's OK, but it is bad etiquette to invalidate someone's question. Some people want to know what the actual value is because they have their own opinion or are just curious.
.Ok....again. Auris Audio official Information concernig the 3 different Impedance Settings is 32-600 Ohm. That`s it , no more. Why are you not visiting the Auris Audio Website ? In what context " i do not now the Answer"? Before you talked with the Leading Ingenieur from Auris there is no Answer...Sorry when i am seem short tempered, bad etiquette.....i thought i was clear.

https://www.aurisaudio.rs/index.php...pages/products/headphone-amplifiers/36-ha-2sf

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #28 of 376
If you know what the actual output impedances are; I'd love to know. If you don't that is fine.

Yes, I've been to the site (I try not to ask easily google-able questions). They give ranges as you have.

I don't think you are bad tempered and I hope you aren't offended by my comments. Again thanks for the review it is a useful piece of information and I appreciate it.

Mar 18, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #29 of 376
If you know what the actual output impedances are; I'd love to know. If you don't that is fine.

Yes, I've been to the site (I try not to ask easily google-able questions). They give ranges as you have.

I don't think you are bad tempered and I hope you aren't offended by my comments. Again thanks for the review it is a useful piece of information and I appreciate it.

I wish i was able to messure such specifications.After aprox. 10 different Headphone Amps my experience is that the impedance settings rarelly match the best sounding option. Also with the Auris Audio in combination with my Empyrean or Stellia. For these HF the Best Setting should be Position 1 (32 Ohm). In Reality both HF sounds best with Position 2.

I had the same experience with the Cayin HA-1A MK2.

Mar 18, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #30 of 376
I wish i was able to messure such specifications.After aprox. 10 different Headphone Amps my experience is that the impedance settings rarelly match the best sounding option. Also with the Auris Audio in combination with my Empyrean or Stellia. For these HF the Best Setting should be Position 1 (32 Ohm). In Reality both HF sounds best with Position 2.

I had the same experience with the Cayin HA-1A MK2.

That is interesting and useful, and I have heard for numerous other amps, people reporting 2 settings for impedence working, and the less recommended one sounding subjectively better. Sometimes the preferences synergize with source or music as well.

What is most important is whether the real endpoints of the range the amp provides correspond to your headphone collection.

I have an HA-2SF on order from Moon Audio. Apparently they just left Serbia yesterday, so maybe shipping next week for me. Perhaps I should have ordered from Auris store directly, but the Moon people are very nice.

@ManKli Can you please show exactly what the ECC82 and ECC99 tubes are in the HA-2SF? Maybe a pic of the box, or pic from the manual? Thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back