AURALiC ARIES
Sep 21, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #136 of 275
Ive been keeping an eye out for the mini, but haven't seen any reviews or anything yet

Sep 21, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #137 of 275
US release is supposed to be after RMAF.. so october 6th?  It's out in europe I guess.
I'm getting the mini.. hopefully soon!
I actually have it ordered so.. 

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #138 of 275
Recently got an Aries and have been really impressed. I'm using it with Chord Hugo in my main system. It trounces my last streamer in most areas but has a little less bass, which I miss. The plan was to upgrade to a Hugo TT next but I'm now wondering if there's another DAC out there that I'm overlooking, one with the musicality of Hugo but with a bit more punch at the bottom end. Has anyone compared the Auralic Vega and Chord Hugo with an Aries?

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #139 of 275
I would love a three way comparison between Aries vs. Bryston BDP-1/2, and Cambridge Audio 851N. They're all priced similarly. Especially interested in Bryston.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:57 AM Post #140 of 275
Looks like I'll be getting a Bryston BDP-1 in the next week or two.

Recently got an Aries and have been really impressed. I'm using it with Chord Hugo in my main system. It trounces my last streamer in most areas but has a little less bass, which I miss. The plan was to upgrade to a Hugo TT next but I'm now wondering if there's another DAC out there that I'm overlooking, one with the musicality of Hugo but with a bit more punch at the bottom end. Has anyone compared the Auralic Vega and Chord Hugo with an Aries?

I've heard this a few times about the Aries now.

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #141 of 275
Vega DAC and Tidal users, I'm just curious what settings you're using with your Aries.
- Hifi subscription
- On the Vega, I'm using Filter mode 2
- Exact clock
Nice and clean sound

But, on Mode 3 or Mode 4 (apparently not recommended by Auralic for low sample rate sources), I get quite a bit of static, clicks and pops with the Aries, but if I stream via a Macbook to the Vega via USB, no static.

Anyone else getting static with the Aries and Tidal?

Sep 30, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #142 of 275
  Vega DAC and Tidal users, I'm just curious what settings you're using with your Aries.
- Hifi subscription
- On the Vega, I'm using Filter mode 2
- Exact clock
Nice and clean sound

But, on Mode 3 or Mode 4 (apparently not recommended by Auralic for low sample rate sources), I get quite a bit of static, clicks and pops with the Aries, but if I stream via a Macbook to the Vega via USB, no static.

Anyone else getting static with the Aries and Tidal?

Filter setting 4 gave statics or pops. I do use setting 2 and no problems anymore...

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #143 of 275
I do not know if this has been asked before, but is the Lightning app compatible with the iPad PRO ? Does it take ( with very large music library) advantage of the extra processing power of the iPad PRO ?

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #144 of 275
I do not know if this has been asked before, but is the Lightning app compatible with the iPad PRO ? Does it take ( with very large music library) advantage of the extra processing power of the iPad PRO ?

I don't see any reason why the iPad Pro would not be compatible with Lightning DS, but since it will not be released until November, I doubt if you can get much user feedback.  As long as you use a fairly recent iPad, there should be little advantage of the iPad Pro's extra processing power.  You may want to email Auralic with your iPad Pro question.  They seem to respond in a timely manner.

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #145 of 275

I don't see any reason why the iPad Pro would not be compatible with Lightning DS, but since it will not be released until November, I doubt if you can get much user feedback.  As long as you use a fairly recent iPad, there should be little advantage of the iPad Pro's extra processing power.  You may want to email Auralic with your iPad Pro question.  They seem to respond in a timely manner.

Thanks, and I did not know that the iPadPRO was not released yet !

Oct 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #146 of 275
Does the Auralic Aries (Aries Mini preferably) allow indexing of music files located on a network server? I am running an Ubuntu server and I need this capability. I keep reading about some client that Auralic requires you to install on your server. I am already running MPD and I'm trying to get away from having audio software running on my server. Thus the addition of a stand alone music streamer. Will I be safe to order an Aries Mini and expect it to be able to pull music from my Linux server without adding any additional software to my server?

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #147 of 275
Received my Aries Mini yesterday.

Sadly to say the one year Tidal subscription is not part of the show outside of the USA.

So this was the answer I became form the german distributor asking about the missing Tidal subscription.

Second Issue, after mounting an internal ssd, the lightning app crashed instandly after trying the settings for lightning server in the app. should be fixed with the next update which is app store revision process, as I was told by the distributor.

Nov 6, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #148 of 275
Woohoo!!... Aries Mini units (and ability to buy the Aries linear power supply separate from the full blown Aries) are now in dealer hands here in USA!  (my units arrived at ~10PM last night... shipping out all our pre-orders this morning).... so get up with your dealer to get a demo and see it in person....  I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a group demo today given the number of local folks that wanted to wait until it was here to see, touch, listen before buying... they're all calling this morning to come over immediately to listen after I sent out the update email last night :) hahahaha....  I'm very impressed so far....

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:55 PM Post #149 of 275
Request:

Can someone tell if you connect the Iphone through (apple camera kit adapter) to your DAC and play Tidal vs playing the same songs on your Auralic Aries through usb to your DAC, can you the hear any diffrencis in sound quality, or is it just a subtle diffrence??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back