AURALiC ARIES
Mar 29, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #271 of 275
RE Aries Mini

Can anyone verify from experience that the ifi power unit provides any improvement over the supplied power unit. Does the Auralic PSU provide an even bigger upgrade and has anyone compared the Auralic PSU to the Sbooster PSU.

I am using a WD external HDD into the Mini. The Mini is connected to an ifi Micro iusb3 power supply linked via the Gemini cable to the ifi Micro IDSD DAC/Amp.

Would I gain any benefit from an addition of the Audioquest Jitterbug to the the HDD before it enters the Mini. Any thoughts or experience of the same set-up appreciated.
I have an auralic aries with the auralic psu. I also have an ifi that i use on a microrendu and had compared that to an sbooster that i have as well. Not sure if i could tell a difference between those 2 but from stock it seemed better. I think the big lift is just to go to an external power supply. Returns go down from there to some degree. In terms of the dragonfly lots of folks swear by them but I don't know that you would see an improvement over the IDSD myself. Sounds like a nice setup. You may benefit more from a jumpt to a full aries (more powerful platform) but it really would depend on how you're using the mini. The ifi dac/amp may be hard to beat for the $'s.

Mar 29, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #272 of 275
I have an auralic aries with the auralic psu. I also have an ifi that i use on a microrendu and had compared that to an sbooster that i have as well. Not sure if i could tell a difference between those 2 but from stock it seemed better. I think the big lift is just to go to an external power supply. Returns go down from there to some degree. In terms of the dragonfly lots of folks swear by them but I don't know that you would see an improvement over the IDSD myself. Sounds like a nice setup. You may benefit more from a jumpt to a full aries (more powerful platform) but it really would depend on how you're using the mini. The ifi dac/amp may be hard to beat for the $'s.
Thanks Icasadonte I really appreciate your response. I think I may have the best performance from the Mini connected to the IDSD assuming the iusb3 cleans as well as the Auralic PSU or the Sbooster.

May 31, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #273 of 275
Sitting listening to my new best SQ system:
- Aries Mini with IFi power supply
- USB out to Hiface Two and coaxial to DAC
- Coax in to RME ADI 2 DAC
- RCA out to Dustin T2 amp
- speakers are Fostex NF 1s on Atacama stands

Sounds wonderful to me. The big thing the Aries seems to add is space and air around each instrument or voice in a very palpable sound stage.

May 31, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #274 of 275
Sitting listening to my new best SQ system:
- Aries Mini with IFi power supply
- USB out to Hiface Two and coaxial to DAC
- Coax in to RME ADI 2 DAC
- RCA out to Dustin T2 amp
- speakers are Fostex NF 1s on Atacama stands

Sounds wonderful to me. The big thing the Aries seems to add is space and air around each instrument or voice in a very palpable sound stage.
Forgot to list the Audioquest Jitterbug that feeds the HiFace into the Aries....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back