AURALiC ARIES
Jun 6, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #256 of 275
Between the microrendu and the aries I think the aries has a blacker background and more soundstage. It appears infinitely more stable to me in this implementation.

Thanks for the feedback. Any difference between the Altair and Aries?

I find the Auralic Aries Le really lovely sounding. A bargain for a used, mint unit.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:36 PM Post #257 of 275
The Altair has its own DAC and is above the dual femto architecture in general. I didn't like the DAC myself - too harsh and analytical. I can't listen to them both at the same time as they are in 2 different locations. I'd be surprised if i could tell the difference running through the same DAC and mode (usb, coax) and headphones. Having said that I wound up getting both the altair and aries new and roughly paid the same for each. The aries is a couple hundred less than the altair list. I'd also be surprised if I could tell the difference between the aries le and dual femto if both had a good psu. I bought the altair for the form factor to go with the taurus and then the vega as I had to upgrade the DAC. Just my thoughts.

Jun 7, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #258 of 275
Thanks again for the lenghty write up on Altair, Aries and Aries Le.

My Aries le comes with a good Gieseler linear power supply made in Australia.

Jun 20, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #260 of 275
Thanks for the feedback. Any difference between the Altair and Aries?

I find the Auralic Aries Le really lovely sounding. A bargain for a used, mint unit.

How does the Le sound vs your Mini, if you recall? I'm using the Mini + LPS and Yggy and it's great but I'm curious about Le and full version as an upgrade.. I'm also curious about AES to Yggy vs USB.

Jun 20, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #261 of 275
I never got to comparing Le vs Mini side by side because I sold off the Mini as soon as I bought the Le.

I had use Mini with Yggy previously and thought it was good. Now I have Le with Yggy and thought it sounded great.

Likewise I never did an a/b between AES vs USB. I simply use AES now because I have the cable.

I must say that I am very pleased with Le with Yggy or NAD M51 using AES.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #262 of 275
Hi I need some info on the Aries/Aries Mini. Can either of these units be hooked up to an ifi Micro idsd Dac/amp through the USB out to the Dac's USB interface.

The Auralic website states the following: The operating system of ARIES MINI is based on Linux kernel with UAC 2.0 driver included. If your DAC does not require a driver to work under Mac OS X system and it is an USB Audio Class 2 version (support sampling rate above 96Khz), it will most likely be compatible with ARIES MINI.

The Micro idsd does have a driver which is located in my PC. Would this suggest that it is incompatible?
Any feedback gratefully appreciated

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #264 of 275
can anyone please help me
i have been racking my brains for the past few weeks about something that should be so simple.
i purchased the aries g1 which was an ex display model and they was using it conected via usb which was fine i got it home and was also using the usb input .
i have tried using the coax and the optical but both will not work , i have tried everything in the settings and still the aries is not recognizing these inputs only the usb .
i tried the user interface but cant find anything there all the settings are the same as the on screen menu on the player
how the hell do i get these inputs to work its driving me crazy .
thank you hope you can help .

Dec 7, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #265 of 275
can anyone please help me
i have been racking my brains for the past few weeks about something that should be so simple.
i purchased the aries g1 which was an ex display model and they was using it conected via usb which was fine i got it home and was also using the usb input .
i have tried using the coax and the optical but both will not work , i have tried everything in the settings and still the aries is not recognizing these inputs only the usb .
i tried the user interface but cant find anything there all the settings are the same as the on screen menu on the player
how the hell do i get these inputs to work its driving me crazy .
thank you hope you can help .
Those are outputs, and you enable them in Lightning DS under the 'Hardware Setup' section of the Additional Operations menu. Change streamer output>output channel to 'Aries G1 Digital Outputs'.

This will disable USB. You can't have USB and your other digital outputs active at the same time.

Dec 8, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #266 of 275
Those are outputs, and you enable them in Lightning DS under the 'Hardware Setup' section of the Additional Operations menu. Change streamer output>output channel to 'Aries G1 Digital Outputs'.

This will disable USB. You can't have USB and your other digital outputs active at the same time.

Agree.

Dec 9, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #268 of 275
thank you for your help had a bit of a dull moment i was looking for something in the settings named coax or optical do not now why , had a brain fart for a while thanks again.
No worries. Enjoy. It's a great streamer.

Mar 28, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #270 of 275
RE Aries Mini

Can anyone verify from experience that the ifi power unit provides any improvement over the supplied power unit. Does the Auralic PSU provide an even bigger upgrade and has anyone compared the Auralic PSU to the Sbooster PSU.

I am using a WD external HDD into the Mini. The Mini is connected to an ifi Micro iusb3 power supply linked via the Gemini cable to the ifi Micro IDSD DAC/Amp.

Would I gain any benefit from an addition of the Audioquest Jitterbug to the the HDD before it enters the Mini. Any thoughts or experience of the same set-up appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back