AURALiC ARIES
Dec 4, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #153 of 275
What DAC do you have?

DAC does not matter, just wright which one you have tested this on. )

Id just wont to know if Auralic Aries can do any sound difference id you have an Iphone as the Reference player on Tidal in the test.

Simple question and i just need a short answer, yes it sounds more rich or have greater resolution with the Aries, or not you cant hear any difference.

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #154 of 275
Request:

Can someone tell if you connect the Iphone through (apple camera kit adapter) to your DAC and play Tidal vs playing the same songs on your Auralic Aries through usb to your DAC, can you the hear any diffrencis in sound quality, or is it just a subtle diffrence??

To the casual listener, there is little or no difference between the iPhone as a source vs. the Aries.  However, long-term listening to Tidal and high res music files will give an edge to Aries.  There is a subtle improvement in overall resolution, greater apparent dynamic range and more articulation, without harshness.  You will have to try for yourself since we all have different ears, preferences and expectations.  The "bits are bits" crowd will not accept that there are any differences, but music is all about listening and perceptions, so each individual will have to find their own truth.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #155 of 275
To the casual listener, there is little or no difference between the iPhone as a source vs. the Aries.  However, long-term listening to Tidal and high res music files will give an edge to Aries.  There is a subtle improvement in overall resolution, greater apparent dynamic range and more articulation, without harshness.  You will have to try for yourself since we all have different ears, preferences and expectations.  The "bits are bits" crowd will not accept that there are any differences, but music is all about listening and perceptions, so each individual will have to find their own truth.

Tank you very much for your info, i will try to loan one home and test it then.

Have a nice weekend!

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #156 of 275

The lightning DS iPhone app beta is out for testing

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #157 of 275

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #158 of 275

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #159 of 275

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #160 of 275
I am not sure if it shows through from my screen shots but the UI is really well done. Very pleasing and easy for me to transition from the iPad version. Seems reasonably stable at this early stage.

Good job! Chaps at Auralic! :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #161 of 275
Wow thanks for the heads up (& pics) Kiats! Looks really nice and user friendly so far. Are you finding many bugs or anything since it's a Beta, or is it working pretty smoothly so far?

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #162 of 275
Wow thanks for the heads up (& pics) Kiats! Looks really nice and user friendly so far. Are you finding many bugs or anything since it's a Beta, or is it working pretty smoothly so far?

I've been on it for about an hour or so. No real complaints so far. Scanning of my minimserver on my 4x4TB NAS was really quick and it simply had to index the HDD connected to the Aries Lightning Server. Off to a quick start.

So far, only once did it abruptly quit. But so far it seems to be more robustly built than its ipad sibling. And I must say I love the look and feel of the iphone app: so much more refined and sophisticated than the Linn Kinsky iphone app. So, all good if this is only a beta preview of things to come. :)

Dec 7, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #164 of 275
Cool sounds good. Hope the official release comes soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back