AURALiC ARIES
Jun 23, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #121 of 275
Looks like it was one really annoying streamer! Mine was with 1.7 maybe 1.5 FW. BTW, does it means that it have no AC-standard WiFi card inside?

They all have the same hardware it is just different on the software side :)

I am meaning the firmware on the unit itself not the iPad app too?

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #122 of 275
  Still no news about V 2.0 of the iPAD app ? 

Saw a post by Auralic yesterday on another site.  Seems that they are doing final testing of V 2.0 and will submit to Apple for approval this coming weekend.  Not sure if this will allow enough time for them to make their previously quoted June release date.

Jun 27, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #123 of 275
Aries has now it's place in my listening room.   Next step: upgrade of my HOGO to a desktop DAC (TotalDac D1 ? AYON stelth ?...)

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #124 of 275
  Aries has now it's place in my listening room.   Next step: upgrade of my HOGO to a desktop DAC (TotalDac D1 ? AYON stelth ?...)

nice set-up!

Off-topic: I have a stock TH900 with the original SE cable...  but I keep thinking about possibly recabling for balanced.    Other than more power, have you noticed any significant sonic benefit from the TH900 with balanced vs SE on your 445?    Seems overkill to me as the TH900 have very efficient drivers to begin with, though I'm open to exploring the option if worthwhile  (I don't have a 445 but I have a Woo WA22)

Jun 29, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #125 of 275

nice set-up!

Off-topic: I have a stock TH900 with the original SE cable...  but I keep thinking about possibly recabling for balanced.    Other than more power, have you noticed any significant sonic benefit from the TH900 with balanced vs SE on your 445?    Seems overkill to me as the TH900 have very efficient drivers to begin with, though I'm open to exploring the option if worthwhile  (I don't have a 445 but I have a Woo WA22)

To be honest, there is really no sound or power difference between SE and BAL for the TH900 on the EC445....

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #126 of 275

To be honest, there is really no sound or power difference between SE and BAL for the TH900 on the EC445....

thanks for saving me some money 
smily_headphones1.gif

btw, that's a beautiful city you live in... I was just there visiting as a tourist a few weeks ago

Jul 12, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #127 of 275
Hi,

The USB Playback FAQ (which maybe is outdated). says "up to 5,000 tracks"

See last question of page 4, and first question of page 5:
http://www.auralic.com/download/LightningServerFAQ.pdf

Any of you with collections going above 5,000 tracks, have tested this?

Another question:

Aries doesn't support CD/SACD image files, so I've read....but, I think that means: ISO; etc?

What does the Aries do with image files like (FLAC; APE...) and .cue, can it play them? and does it treat them like one big file, or can it auto-track them?

Thanks.

p.s- the below quote is for a different question below.

The 2.4 firmware update did allow it to create its own wifi network for setup, yours must have been on an older firmware
smily_headphones1.gif

They have improved it a lot with the updates as of late!

Do you mean that Aries acts as a router? aka, I don't need to connect it to another router?

Thanks.

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #128 of 275
I think I will throw my Aries by the Window.... 
mad.gif

I use a 2 To USB Drive with 3000 albums (40.000 tracks) and Lightning DS 2.0.1

- Lightning DS takes 20 seconds to open up, and then always propose to "setup lightning device" !?
- Often Lightning DS loose the Aries device....(No device - Refresh).  Need to wait or play around the menus to "reconnect" me ARIES to the Lightning DS...
- Sometime during play back the Aries Lighting DS.... exit. I am back to my iPAD home screen
- The Library on my attached USB HD is often not reconized ("no music library, select one !!) and NOT displayed in the "music library" menue of the set-up menu.  So, I need to unplug the HD and plug it again, and often need to rescan the HD ! ... which take for ever !

and

- When all the above work, than, only 25% of the cover art are displayed.. This 3000 Album library comes from the HD of an Aurender, on which ALL 3000 cover arts did show up correctly.  So, why a library that show correctly all cover art on an Aurender do not show up correctly on the ARIES !!!

And all the above except the last one also did append when I was just using a small 64 Gb USB Key ! 

So, unless I find a solution rapidly, I will just buy an AURENDER with the HD inside....   (I believe that version BEFORE 2.0 was MUCH more stable! isn't it ? )

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #129 of 275
Nice feedback, bmichels

Definitely is going to make me look closer at the threads regarding Aries vs Aurender...

Thanks.

If you do go the Aurender way, please let us know how that works out for you, including SQ!

Aug 26, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #130 of 275
I read that it is possible to send audio "on-line" to Auralic from PC/Mac with a help of Songcast. How can I do it? What should I need to download for this? And is it free or I need to pay something?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #131 of 275
download songcast from here https://oss.linn.co.uk/trac/wiki/Songcast

Sep 21, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #134 of 275
has it been released yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back