AURALiC ARIES
Feb 14, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #92 of 275
Are there any comparisons on Aries vs. Aries LE? I haven't read one comparison yet.

May 12, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #93 of 275
any word on iPhone support for Lightning DS? I had read it was supposed to be Oct 2014 in an Audiostream review. Don't own an iPad is the reason I ask.

May 12, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #94 of 275
Did the Aries end up getting Spotify support?

May 12, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #95 of 275
I think it does, well I read it has TIDAL support, so I would imagine it has Spotify support too.

May 12, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #97 of 275
Does anyone have a problem updating Aries firmware? In March I updated to v2.2 without any problems, using Android version of Lightning DS. 2 weeks I noticed 2.4 is already out, and eventhough everything's fine I wanted to update. But for 2 weeks I am unable to do so, it always acts like my firmware is up to date. I contacted support, which responded pretty quickly, offered few solutions, but nothing worked so far.

If there is anyone having troubles updating, here is what support usually suggests:
 - if you are running on ethernet connection, switch to WiFi and try updating (they said that v2.2 had a weird bug that it would not see new versions on their server under certain circumstances)
 - if that does not work, disconnect ethernet cable, do a factory reset (at the bottom), keep it on wifi and try updating then
 - if that does not help, they will probably ask for the serial number and check logs

Right now I am stuck in-after step 3, they are checking the logs. However, it's been 2 weeks without a response - maybe one of you had similar problem and managed to find a solution?

May 13, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #98 of 275
We have an Auralic Aries hooked up to our MAC 6700 with Rockport Atria speakers. The difference between sound on the wireless to wired is significant, the wireless is far superior, and I can't understand why that would be the case. In fact, if I had to use wired I would actually look for a different bridge from our music to our DAC. Any ideas?

May 13, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #100 of 275
Install minimserver on the synology there will make your life a lot easier :)

May 14, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #101 of 275
Nope. No Spotify support.

I remember they were planning on supporting Spotify. Did they ditch the project or are they still considering it?

May 14, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #102 of 275
Hmm, the new mini looks pretty interesting...

May 15, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #103 of 275
  Hmm, the new mini looks pretty interesting...

+1.  A likely replacement for my various Squeezeboxes throughout the house, assuming that the Mini Aries (and Aries) can all be synced to play well together.

May 15, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #104 of 275
I got the Synology up and running last night. I tried to connect my current(iTunes) library which is on an external drive via USB directly to the Synology. The drive showed up in the Synology software as USB something, but I couldn't get it to recognize files or transfer anything. What's the best way to transfer my 2TB+ library that is on a Thunderbolt/USB drive to the Synology? Any tips would very much be appreciated.

and yeah, that mini looks interesting....

May 19, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #105 of 275

I remember they were planning on supporting Spotify. Did they ditch the project or are they still considering it?

I remember Mr.Wang saying something about Spotify restricting access to streaming content to Spotify's own proprietary apps only, which made 3rd party solutions impossible.

However, I believe you can still stream Spotify music via Airplay or Songcast, the latter having arguably better SQ.  You still won't be able to navigate your Spotify library/account directly from the Lightning DS app, but better than nothing.

I know, bummer.   Tidal supposedly works seamlessly though via the Lightning DS app.   As a Spotify user since the US launch, I'm disappointed.... and this is the only thing that has kept me from buying an Aries so far (and I know it's not Auralic's fault).   I'm almost tempted to get a Tidal subscription in addition to Spotify just so I can use it with the Lightning DS app :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back