Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Apr 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #1,697 of 8,309
I've done quite a bit of business through this site via the FS threads. That's how I got my T1 and the Darkvoice 336se. Most users here are reasonable that if you point out (in a friendly manner) that it's cheaper or not much cheaper new, they'll lower the price.

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #1,699 of 8,309
The tracking number you get, is it a link or just an email with numbers? I ordered something from china via ebay and I was able to track it but only via the China Post website. All other sites I tried said that the package didn't exist. I would try China Post or Hong Kong Post, since that's the manner that the listing said they were going to ship by.

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #1,700 of 8,309
I'd be concerned about buyer protection.  

Paying with paypal and not sending money as gift like the giant red lettering says and you're covered the same way. At least that way, you're not stuck with ebay's "over 45 days and we wash our hands of your transaction". btw, seller says that it usually takes 3-8 weeks for delivery. Don't wait too long to file a report. Keep count of days when you paid.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #1,701 of 8,309
Not going to lie, that's a bit sketchy. Would be a bit of annoyance if I don't get it,  but, there's ebay protection.  So, I'm not worried.    I'd honestly be much more worried purchasing something through this site.  http://www.head-fi.org/t/661178/aune-t1-tube-usb-dac-additional-tubes-available

Just so you know, the only time I had problems with an international order, eBay and paypal did squat. Hence, I don't often do international. But this was such a good deal, I took the chance FULLY KNOWING that it was risky. The hand wringing going on here cracks me up. Tell me, how many thousands have you spent on audio gear? And you're sweating a potentially wasted $60? (The question isn't meant for you specifically. More an example of what I'm thinking every time I read about the situation.) honestly, I'd be more irked if I received a non-working unit or one with the wrong power supply like that one schmuck did.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #1,702 of 8,309
Quote:
Just so you know, the only time I had problems with an international order, eBay and paypal did squat. Hence, I don't often do international. But this was such a good deal, I took the chance FULLY KNOWING that it was risky. The hand wringing going on here cracks me up. Tell me, how many thousands have you spent on audio gear? And you're sweating a potentially wasted $60? (The question isn't meant for you specifically. More an example of what I'm thinking every time I read about the situation.) honestly, I'd be more irked if I received a non-working unit or one with the wrong power supply like that one schmuck did.

hahah!  Some people on here spend thousands.  But not me.  I have monoprice 8323- way better than cans I've spent $100 on.  I also have a creative xmod that I'm using until I get a dac/amp.  

Apr 26, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #1,703 of 8,309
Quote:
What about the seller getting 4 neg feedbacks in the past month and then suddenly setting their feedback private?
wink.gif

Yeah... that's why I'm so skeptical about this deal.

Quote:
Let's hope that we don't get scammed.  I also ordered an Asus GTX 480 videocard from the same guy for 75 shipped O_o. 

eek.gif
..... so he found a box of GTX 480s laying around and decided to sell them for as cheap as possible on eBay as well?
smile.gif

Did you get any form of communication or tracking code for that video card?

Apr 26, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #1,704 of 8,309
Quote:

eek.gif
..... so he found a box of GTX 480s laying around and decided to sell them for as cheap as possible on eBay as well?
smile.gif

Did you get any form of communication or tracking code for that video card?

I received a tracking number for the GTX 480, but it doesn't have an estimated delivery date, unlike the T1.  If I don't receive either one by May 2nd I'm gonna file a complaint with ebay for both items.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,705 of 8,309
is anyone using their t1 with hd650's? I just received mine in the mail today (pretty quick shipping from coolbaby11 on ebay)

I browsed through the manual and saw the gain switch settings. I turned them all off (all switched downwards on the sides of the numbers) because I've read that for the most part you should always have the gain switches on low for the least signal noise. I'm noticing that i have to turn it basically all the way up to get it to adequate listening levels, this seems a bit off, coming from an e7/e9 combo where even on low gain setting i could barely get the volume pot passed 12 oclock. is this everyone elses experiences with hd650's?

also, took me a while to figure out, but the 'SW' on the back is basically like the power? I fidgeted with it a lot before figuring this out.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,706 of 8,309
All the switches off is no gain. it is for low impedance hps. hd650s is 300 ohms so you'll want the 10db setting. then it should get loud enough at like, 10 o clock position. I tried my dt880/600ohms from the amp on 0db. I could max it out and it's still not loud enough

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:56 AM Post #1,707 of 8,309
what about DT880/600Ohm with +16dB ? Still not loud enough?

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #1,708 of 8,309
Quote:
I'm noticing that i have to turn it basically all the way up to get it to adequate listening levels, this seems a bit off, coming from an e7/e9 combo where even on low gain setting i could barely get the volume pot passed 12 oclock. is this everyone elses experiences with hd650's?

Quote:
hd650s is 300 ohms so you'll want the 10db setting.

Hmm this seems quite strange indeed. I have compared my AKG K702 Anniversaries against my friends HD650 and even though the AKGs are lower impedance headphones I felt they needed more juice from the amp. Both ran just fine using 0 db gain imo. How are your computer settings? I use Foobar / wasapi event output / max volume output (both foobar and spdif interface).

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #1,709 of 8,309
72` and 70`Amperex Orange A-frames still burning in but I gotta say it, those who want to "tame down" highs - get Ultron PCC189 - both, white & gold labeled are less fatiguing and with smoother and more "open" highs than Amperex A-frame orange. Plus, with Ultron PCC189 you get littlebit tighter bass & kick. 

Amperex GAC single leg dimple disc is littlebit better than A-frame imo, same reason as Ultrons, less fatiguing and more smoother/open highs compared to A-frame. 
But difference is not so noticeable than with A-frame vs. Ultron.

Between the Amperex Orange Globe and the Ultron PCC189, which would you guys said is the warmer/more laid back tube?  I'm using the Orange globe with my DT880's right now which has tamed down the highs a good amount, but was wondering if the Ultron can make it even more laid back(less fatiguing).

It's not yet clear if there is any sonical differences between different Ultrons, but I have found my Ultron to be slightly less fatiguing than my orange globe (especially with rock).

Confirmed by me too. Difference between white (marked PCC189 7ES8, with grey center plate, large O-ring getter) and gold label ultrons is almost none, if anything, gold label has tinybit more tight bass/kick but it`s very hard to notice it.

Apr 27, 2013 at 7:48 AM Post #1,710 of 8,309
what about DT880/600Ohm with +16dB ? Still not loud enough?

+10db is perfect, you get full range of control. At around 3/4 it gets plenty loud.

Hmm this seems quite strange indeed. I have compared my AKG K702 Anniversaries against my friends HD650 and even though the AKGs are lower impedance headphones I felt they needed more juice from the amp. Both ran just fine using 0 db gain imo. How are your computer settings? I use Foobar / wasapi event output / max volume output (both foobar and spdif interface).
Akg x70x series are known to run ok volume wise w/o an amp but definitely needs one to get the best out off them. and even then, they're picky about the amp that you use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back