Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Feb 21, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #6,811 of 8,309

If aune is on holiday, their response might be slow. 

If i were you, i would go to their website and contact them directly. Maybe if you contact aune directly they will be more communicative with you. (or maybe not.).
Check out their website, and their ebay page and contact them through e-mail from there.

Feb 21, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #6,813 of 8,309
They shouldn't be on holiday for that long, a whole month for celebration? Wow. 

I suggest you keep bugging them with your emails until they reply you. The seller/distributor should also have repairing/warranty services. Stars Pickers is a Malaysian distributor and I sent my unit for repairs because of a channel imbalance in the DAC portion. They claimed a fee but I got upgraded to MK2 DAC board.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #6,814 of 8,309
This is an Auto-reply email I got from Aune :

Hello , this is Candy , we are on the Chinese New Year holiday from 16th , Feb to 25th , Feb , we will back on work on 26th , Feb , anything can send email to me , i will reply you as soon as possible , thanks 

Quote:

I suggest you keep bugging them with your emails until they reply you. The seller/distributor should also have repairing/warranty services. Stars Pickers is a Malaysian distributor and I sent my unit for repairs because of a channel imbalance in the DAC portion. They claimed a fee but I got upgraded to MK2 DAC board.

Yes, they (distributor) bragging if the issue were in fact, a minor problem (e.g. device not recognized, channel imbalance, the unit produces noises, etc) they will process it in 3 to 4 working days. It isn't the case if the problems are more serious. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #6,816 of 8,309
re: Chinese holidays, this is quite common and I've seen this message on a bunch of Chinese audio retailer websites. Yes, it sucks to have a defective product and wait, but I wouldn't worry that they won't honour fixing the defective product because of the time lapse... smoke is probably a serious issue.

Super interested in knowing what smoked in that unit... I'd guess a capacitor, but not sure how the sound would continue to play 
confused.gif

Feb 21, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #6,817 of 8,309
  Wow I didn't know Aune is managed by a bunch of dicks. They shouldn't do that to their customers. Do you have any ticket numbers or reference numbers through your email with them?

Nope, no ticket number or anything. 

But here another email I got :;

sorry,we are on the holiday now,we will reply you when we back on 26th,Feb
发自我的iPhone

I think this is a real person answering (not auto-reply bot like first email). Still won't help anything tho :p

re: Chinese holidays, this is quite common and I've seen this message on a bunch of Chinese audio retailer websites. Yes, it sucks to have a defective product and wait, but I wouldn't worry that they won't honour fixing the defective product because of the time lapse... smoke is probably a serious issue.

Super interested in knowing what smoked in that unit... I'd guess a capacitor, but not sure how the sound would continue to play 
confused.gif

The distributor take a picture of the board :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Qf9GGZMb7INEY3Sjd2YUs1WG8/view?usp=sharing

Look at the 3 burnt IC (not sure what it called) just at the center of the picture.

Feb 22, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #6,818 of 8,309
Those are the exact same resistors that burnt out on my amp PCB, however I thought it was my fault.

Feb 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #6,819 of 8,309
  Hi, first post here in and I want to share some bad experiences I have with Aune T1, MK2 version.

First of all, I bought it on 8th Nov 2014, I have to say I pretty much satisfied with the product, use it mainly with my HD 558 and M50. I use it normally (e.g. I don't use it >5 hours straight, let alone left it on overnight, etc) because I know from some reviews and my own experience it has some heat issues.

Well two days ago (19th Feb 2015) my Aune T1 MK2 apparently short circuited when I'm using it, I can smell burnt odor and see thin white smoke coming out from the unit. Although the music still playing, I immediately disconnect the USB and power cable from the unit.

Today (21st Feb) I bought the unit to AMTechnologies (as authorized distributor in Indonesia) to claim warranty, either for 1 to 1 replacement or just replace the damaged part (still in 1-year warranty from them). Sadly, their representative said that they can't do anything with these kind of cases, claiming that he have to contact Aune before he can do anything, because they don't have the replacement spare parts. He also said that Aune could reject the warranty if the damaged part is too severe, pointing to some cases where the damaged parts are worse than mine and Aune eventually rejects it.

To make things worse, he also said that Aune is currently on Chinese New Year holiday and can only be reached on 2nd March.

I need to know that if this is also happened in another country, because well, it sucks.

Sorry for the bad English :p

AMTech in mangga dua mall? You sure that's a 'real' Aune distributors? Because it doesn't show up in the official distributor list: http://en.auneaudio.com/html/enHTB/enD/

Might be just a store buying Aune in bulk, and selling them in Indonesia. Might be, though, not sure if that's the case.

For comparison, 'don't blame your ears', based in Bandung and store in Plaza Semanggi is listed in Hifiman's official dealer list: http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Dealer/ (just use browser search for keyword 'blame')

China regards chinese holiday as THE biggest event ever. It's bigger than christmas/new year, or summer holiday.I'd say even bigger than their national day. It's just the way it is. 

Nope, no ticket number or anything. 

But here another email I got :;

sorry,we are on the holiday now,we will reply you when we back on 26th,Feb
发自我的iPhone

I think this is a real person answering (not auto-reply bot like first email). Still won't help anything tho :p

The distributor take a picture of the board :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Qf9GGZMb7INEY3Sjd2YUs1WG8/view?usp=sharing

Look at the 3 burnt IC (not sure what it called) just at the center of the picture.

That's the amp PCB board. The DAC is still usable if you got another amp working. Just plug the other amp to the back RCA out jacks. I experienced that myself. Fried the amp PCB board when trying to do cap mod. Naturally I couldn't claim the warranty, because it's unofficial modding. Ordered replacement(s) from them, but while waiting for it to arrive, I plugged another amp to the back RCA jacks.

Judging from the picture, they won't try to repair it. Too much effort anyway. If they agree to the warranty (which they should), they'd just send you a replacement PCB board.

BTW, if that AMTech is a 'real' dealer, you should push them to replace the whole stuff, 1 to 1 replacement. Technically, their obligation is to replace only that fried PCB board, but since they don't have them in stock, try push them to give you a new whole unit, while you give them your whole old unit, naturally. If they give an excuse that they'd have to replace the PCB, and order it from China (and bla bla bla), just say, 'how about I give you my old one, you give me a new one, and you can sort things out with the main office (China's Aune) later, at your own time and convenience'

In my own experience, they (the Aune base in China) is very responsive in communication by e-mails. Candy was also the one handling my inquiries at the time. Often, she (assuming it's a girl) would reply my e-mails within the same day. 

Feb 22, 2015 at 9:39 PM Post #6,820 of 8,309
They were responsive when I inquired about my warranty and repairs too but I opted not to because shipping takes too long and too much money.

Though I do recall someone complaining about a unit getting lost when sent to aune, or was it a different thread?

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #6,821 of 8,309
Weird thing... I just got some killer GEC power tubes for my WA2, and now I notice that my desktop computer sounds better through USB to the T1 than my laptop... it has a more "full" sound (somehow sounds like more bass) and also sounds smoother. The laptop USB to the T1 sounds less smooth and a bit dull/lacking that body. I wonder if it's jitter or something... 

Ahh maybe I should try playing around with the buffer.

My desktop has a buffer of 1000ms and I'm using WASAPI event mode. Laptop was set at 50ms and WASAPI event... I have a feeling the buffer difference was causing jitter. (The sound was noticeably different, I might even try to do some blind tests sometime). 

Never noticed this at all until I rolled in these tubes... they are extremely superb sounding. Apparently the GEC 6AS7G's are even better, but at $500+ I think I'll stick with the GEC 6080's.

Also, the best sound I've found is using a Valvo E88CC made in Hamburg in the T1. It has more bass than the Heerlen tubes, and also a bit more air on top. The WA2 has the GEC power tubes, and Heerlen Miniwatt drivers.

Feb 22, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #6,822 of 8,309

AMTech in mangga dua mall? You sure that's a 'real' Aune distributors? Because it doesn't show up in the official distributor list: http://en.auneaudio.com/html/enHTB/enD/

Might be just a store buying Aune in bulk, and selling them in Indonesia. Might be, though, not sure if that's the case.

For comparison, 'don't blame your ears', based in Bandung and store in Plaza Semanggi is listed in Hifiman's official dealer list: http://hifiman.com/AboutUs/Dealer/ (just use browser search for keyword 'blame')

That's the amp PCB board. The DAC is still usable if you got another amp working. Just plug the other amp to the back RCA out jacks. I experienced that myself. Fried the amp PCB board when trying to do cap mod. Naturally I couldn't claim the warranty, because it's unofficial modding. Ordered replacement(s) from them, but while waiting for it to arrive, I plugged another amp to the back RCA jacks.

Judging from the picture, they won't try to repair it. Too much effort anyway. If they agree to the warranty (which they should), they'd just send you a replacement PCB board.

BTW, if that AMTech is a 'real' dealer, you should push them to replace the whole stuff, 1 to 1 replacement. Technically, their obligation is to replace only that fried PCB board, but since they don't have them in stock, try push them to give you a new whole unit, while you give them your whole old unit, naturally. If they give an excuse that they'd have to replace the PCB, and order it from China (and bla bla bla), just say, 'how about I give you my old one, you give me a new one, and you can sort things out with the main office (China's Aune) later, at your own time and convenience'

In my own experience, they (the Aune base in China) is very responsive in communication by e-mails. Candy was also the one handling my inquiries at the time. Often, she (assuming it's a girl) would reply my e-mails within the same day. 

I can't access aune site you mentioned, it says 400 Unknown Virtual Host.

I bought it from another store that listed 'by AMT' on their catalog, and it usually indicating it's the product distributor. The unit also has a card that listed AMT to claim a warranty. Now that I never ask AMT about it, I'm not really sure. Oh yes, I bought couple stuff from dontblameyourears, not Hifiman products tho.

I was thinking about 1 to 1 replacement, but at least I want to know what official Aune person say to my previous mail. This might be a 'plus point' when I confront AMT representative later. Honestly I don't mind if it's involving a small fee (if must) for 1 to 1 replacement. Thanks for your advice :)

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #6,823 of 8,309

I bought it from another store that listed 'by AMT' on their catalog, and it usually indicating it's the product distributor. The unit also has a card that listed AMT to claim a warranty. Now that I never ask AMT about it, I'm not really sure. Oh yes, I bought couple stuff from dontblameyourears, not Hifiman products tho.

I was thinking about 1 to 1 replacement, but at least I want to know what official Aune person say to my previous mail. This might be a 'plus point' when I confront AMT representative later. Honestly I don't mind if it's involving a small fee (if must) for 1 to 1 replacement. Thanks for your advice :)

how old is your aune t1 again?
don't your country have like 14 days or 30 days return policy or whatever?

can you proof that you are getting an item that has manufacturing defect? If you can prove that, In my view, you should've got a replacement when you went there the firs time.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #6,824 of 8,309

The link is working here. Maybe blocked by ISP? Try googling 'aune audio distributor' and go with the hits. Also don't use www. in front. Somehow it's not working with www.

Reason I brought up dbe was just to compare that if a store is the official/authorized dealer, it should be listed in the brand's website. Dbe is even listed in Fiio's website, http://www.fiio.net/en/stores (click the dropdown to select Indonesia), proving that it's really an authorized dealer. Aune doesn't even have anyone in Indonesia, only Singapore and Malaysia (the stars pickers mentioned above is listed)

Well, just know that in my, and other people's experience, the representative (Candy I guess) is quite responsive. It's just so happen that this time is their big holiday

Feb 23, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #6,825 of 8,309
I can already give you the answer from Candy, it's $8 for the amp PCB itself and then about $20 for shipping to the US (if you live in the US).  She should be able to give you exact shipping quotes to your area, even if they are "closed".

Those are simple surface mount resistors and when mine blew I considered just soldering replacement through hole resistors on top of them (just clip them short and lay the leads to the SM ends.  If I remember right all of them are 28 ohm, someone that doesn't have an amp PCB blown could check pretty easily.

Just give us the values of resistors: R58/R59/R60/R61/R69/R70, I believe they are all 28 ohm.

Oh and what are the resistor values for R50 and R51, I noticed those are also blown on mine (these are the two closest to the dip switches).

I wish they would restock HiFi DIY with more boards and I don't understand why they haven't.  I would get a replacement amp if I could get it for a reasonable shipping cost, but I'm not paying 2.5x more for shipping than the amp costs.

What we should do is get a group together in the US who either needs a replacement or just wants to know they have a spare and buy 5-10 of them (shipping cost is the same).  If we had 10 people that would make it $10 each + individual shipping in the US (~$2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back