Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #3,916 of 8,309
Hey guys

Would I have any problems with 720p\1080p movies that I download (AC3\DTS audio streams) with the Aune T1 connected via USB?
I'm using headphones and the Aune T1 will be used both as a DAC and as an amplifier.

Jan 6, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #3,918 of 8,309
Thanks.

If you don't mind- what about gaming?

The reason I'm asking is because I thought that via USB the DAC operates alone, in comparison to S/PDIF that allows the use of the soundcard's DSP and all of its effects {whatever those are, I thought that DTS was one of them}. In FPS gaming it is important to get sound cues and tell which way things are coming from.

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,920 of 8,309

Found one intresting offer, Ei PCC189 (Philips, probably Heerlen made) tubes for 8$, anyone willing to try? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCC189-audio-double-triode-tube-NOS-FREE-SHIPPING-/301003673822?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item46153790de

For only $8, I'm interested in giving that tube a try. Is it really a shot in the dark or do you think it is likely a good tube?

Can`t say anything for sure but I have one Philips PCC189 (Heerlen Holland) and it is very good, for me it sounds very similiar to Mullard ECC88 (newer shield logo Heerlen Holland) & Lorenz SEL PCC189 (Heerlen Holland) & GAE coded Amperex PQ shield logo 6DJ8. They all look with same inner build as this Ei tube. I`m just guessing but those Ei PCC189 should be pretty good and for 8$ it`s worth to try imo. 

Those on sale are Ei Philips according to sellers "philips etched codes" information.

Yes, there were Philips tubes produced at the Ei factory in Yugoslavia, so it can still have Philips codes.

Well, I got my Ei PCC189 and it is coded CPA *half circle with dot inside*7E which means it`s made by Elektronski Intustija, Nis, Yugoslavia.
How they sound? Initial impressions are that they are good but not so good as Amperex OG 6DJ8 GAC or other Heerlen tubes I have. Compared to Amperex OG it seems to have little less wide soundstage and feels little lack of depth. Also it doesn`t sound so dynamic & musical. Despite that, it seems to have well "balanced & neutral" sound. But these are only initial impressions after exhausting workday, so I`m tired to be adequate, and it is really NOS totally untouched tube, pins don`t have ANY "scratch" marks on them. This tube certainly needs burn-in to open up. Will let it burn some time & I will give second opinion about it in future. 
For 6$ - it`s still a great deal and nice addition to collection imo :wink:

Jan 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #3,921 of 8,309
I have been following the latest updates on this page for about the most 20 recent pages or so and I haven't seen it come up.  I have read the spec details about the product as well and can't seem to find the information.  

The large black box (wish i knew the actual name) that connects the device to the power source seems to have the power to convert voltages.  Is this true? 

I am currently in the states, but will be traveling and using this device in Hong Kong, the Philippines, Thailand, China, and New Zealand.  I've looked up all the different voltages, but they are just that, different.  So, do I need use a bulky converter as well, or just a plug adapter each time?

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #3,924 of 8,309
it will blow up in your face, burn your house and entire population of the country ..
jk ,you will be fine make sure to connect regular power cable where 220v is present 

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #3,925 of 8,309
If you have 110V power supply unit (it should be 110V since you are in US), then you can`t use it in countries with 220V wall outlet - you will fry your power supply unit or even worse, damage Aune T1. You probably have to order another PSU which is 220V. Someone here ordered another PSU but I don`t know from where. I think it was official Aune eBay dealer.

Jan 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #3,926 of 8,309
  If you have 110V power supply unit (it should be 110V since you are in US), then you can`t use it in countries with 220V wall outlet - you will fry your power supply unit or even worse, damage Aune T1. You probably have to order another PSU which is 220V. Someone here ordered another PSU but I don`t know from where. I think it was official Aune eBay dealer.

Hey bud, I don't dispute this but the specs on the power for AUNE say 120/220 ...I wonder if the "brick" handles it since it converts it to 15-0-15 anyway ?

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #3,927 of 8,309
I took a quick look at the power adapter  unit it looks to me like the Aune is (220v native), this adapter is made for 110v/USA so all he needs to do is not to use the adapter when 220v is present 

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #3,928 of 8,309
Hmmm... then there must be newer version PSU because mine says "Model: T1--1504. Input: AC240V ~50/60Hz. Output: AC 15V-0-15V 1A. Wuhan Aune Technology Co.Ltd."
And as I know resellers offer them with 2 options - 110V or 220V.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3,930 of 8,309
  Hmmm... then there must be newer version PSU because mine says "Model: T1--1504. Input: AC240V ~50/60Hz. Output: AC 15V-0-15V 1A. Wuhan Aune Technology Co.Ltd."
And as I know resellers offer them with 2 options - 110V or 220V.

you bought the Aune T1 in Europe ?

@slovetro .. your best bet is to email Aune ,you may end up getting another adapter/converter 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back