Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM Post #4,171 of 8,309
I have been without internet all day so this will be short and sweet. Pin cleaning same as rca's, pots, etc. Use deoxit.

headphone amp tested today. It sucks ass (and I am being kind). All my tests have been through my main rig, speakers and sub. So that may account for the difference in ratings.

I received a Millard 6AQ8 today..yuck too.

more revelations later..cans used for testing were senn 280hd..i get better sound right out of the tablet instead of the dac head amp..

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #4,172 of 8,309
arcorob, are you talking about using Aune T1 in Pure Headphone Amp mode with RCA input? With DAC+tube it`s pretty ok sounding, little bright sided though.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #4,173 of 8,309
 Oh boy ... oh boy ... you were 100% right  ... the sound JUMPED UP after cleaning the pins  !!!!!!   A big smile in my face !!!!  :dt880smile:  

Thank you :beyersmile:  

It sounds pretty good now eh?

I have been without internet all day so this will be short and sweet. Pin cleaning same as rca's, pots, etc. Use deoxit.

headphone amp tested today. It sucks ass (and I am being kind). All my tests have been through my main rig, speakers and sub. So that may account for the difference in ratings.

I received a Millard 6AQ8 today..yuck too.

more revelations later..cans used for testing were senn 280hd..i get better sound right out of the tablet instead of the dac head amp..

Something is not right. The headphone amp in this thing is pretty decent.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:32 PM Post #4,174 of 8,309
Hey guys.. Like I said, deoxit and the press the pins in a Mr. Clean magic eraser a few times. Clean. Then I use the deoxit gold to protect

lets..scratching my head too. Used USB in from surface, headphone out. No bass at all. Using the same headphones straight in to PC or tablet, full sound.

and you know I love the aune USB in, RCA out to system and speakers...more tests later

and I hate using my phone to post....lol

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,175 of 8,309
arcorob, consider that everybody don`t have deoxit at home and don`t bother buying it. "Deoxit" can be found in kitchen/bathroom too, like in my guide :wink:

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:09 PM Post #4,176 of 8,309
I guess its about choices. My way costs like $25 for a supply that will last quite a while, no mess and takes 3 minutes. Cleanup is put the cap back on.

found the headphone problem. It appears it prefers my surface to be at 50% and let the aune amp work. So I was feeding too much signal..strange..lots of new tests to do..headphone test vs speaker testing

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #4,177 of 8,309
and to add to this....

4 days now on the 6H30Pi, and it is still king even after all the cap changes. No excessive heat, no issues, no problems.

This is king of the mountain right now.

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:36 AM Post #4,178 of 8,309
and to add to this....

4 days now on the 6H30Pi, and it is still king even after all the cap changes. No excessive heat, no issues, no problems.

This is king of the mountain right now.

Hello, you said you didn;t have to do anything except plug this in, right ? What do you like about this tube above others ? Thanks

Jan 12, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #4,179 of 8,309
Hello, you said you didn;t have to do anything except plug this in, right ? What do you like about this tube above others ? Thanks

Direct plug in.

It has more warmth, detail, body, soundstage, etc than all the other tubes i have tried. I have not spent much time with other tubes since the recap, but all the brief times i did all this still holds true.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #4,180 of 8,309
I guess its about choices. My way costs like $25 for a supply that will last quite a while, no mess and takes 3 minutes. Cleanup is put the cap back on.

Don`t take following personally but I call it consumerism with lots of brain-lazyness. People nowdays do not think about using what they already have. They are like robots pre-coded only to buy buy buy. Although, I think in general typical educational system there is lot of BS that is forced into your head and do not actually need in real life, there is still much you could use to keep your money and use/re-use that little you already have. In this case basic school chemistry (btw I sucked at chemistry lol). It isn`t hard to open kitchen cupboard and take 2 things, mix them together and put the tube with re-using your junk-paper/carton in it. Honestly, my method took me too only few minutes (not counting ~30min while tubes soak, I did other things meanwhile). Think, move and use your brain and skills you`ve been given! Don`t just waste it. Heck, you could teach some useful things to your kids maybe? Also you could clean your stuff this way, keep that 25$, go out on street and give it to someone who really needs this money (or maybe to some local charity)! Now, think about it - you`ve used your "useless" skills, teached something to someone, re-used your junk and helped someone who is in lot worse situation in life that you are - isn`t it all positive? By buying deoxit - you have given away your money to corporative system, fed chemical production, polluted nature by it, done no good to anyone, wasted time to shopping,teached nothing to nobody - isn`t it all negative?
Yes, it`s about choices and people should really step away from their comfort-lazy-zone and start to think further than their noses.

Just my little thoughts in this morning :wink:

Edit:

Btw, I looked up some information about those stock main power supply caps and I couldn`t find that size (physical) RJB type Elna capacitor in Elna 2013 catalog.
It could just be cap from older catalog/production but maybe fake one too? Anyway compared elna cap specs to this Panasonic FR series (new) cap that I ordered and latter has better specs. Probably won`t make difference but I feel lot better knowing my Aune T1 has quality caps in it :) Will take pictures when I open my Aune T1 again and make a short "guide" how to take Aune T1 apart.

Jan 12, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #4,181 of 8,309
I've tried quite a few tubes so far (mostly Holland and USA)... and by far my favorite seems to be an Amperex 6922 PQ (USA). Totall owns the bugle boy and an Amperex 1960s RCA tube (with halo getter made in Holland).

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #4,182 of 8,309
  Don`t take following personally but I call it consumerism with lots of brain-lazyness. People nowdays do not think about using what they already have. They are like robots pre-coded only to buy buy buy.

Actually, I did take it personally.

I will say it again. Its about choice and preference. Its not lazy brain consumerism or not using what I have which is how you labeled my method. I gave people another method, just different than yours, which is what these posts are about.

There are plenty of things I do that are the long way with household or reusable materials and others I do using consumer products. It is MY choice and does not make me LESS THAN.

Nuff said

Jan 12, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #4,183 of 8,309
It`s your ego who took it personally, not you :wink: Like I told, don`t take personally, these were my early morning thoughts about ppl being easy-lazy. Just something offtopic to make ppl think more :wink:
It wasn`t about you or your method, or my method. Just some thoughts.

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #4,184 of 8,309
Someone has never discovered how wonderful deoxit is! And Rob would probably already have it laying around from other uses since he likes vintage stereo equipment, so there was nothing lazy about it.

I think saying using deoxit is lazy was quite uncalled for. Do you churn your own butter, or just buy it?

Jan 12, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #4,185 of 8,309
Lwrs10...Not sure if I posted, but found the problem...was not the amp per se. It seems I had to reduce the signal OUT from the Surface tablet (which I thought strange) but at 50% and using the AUNE, it does sound great !! Didn't I post this last night or is this Deja Vu? LOL

BTW.,.I ordered one of these just to try - I had a REAL HARD TIME deciding between the EH and the SOVTEK. so I will try the SOVTEK first and if I need warmth, will try the EH
~~Sovtek 6H30Pi EB Cryo Single Super Tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back