Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Nov 5, 2013 at 9:02 AM Post #3,181 of 8,309
If you want to just try many different tubes I suggest to buy only one pc.

Nov 5, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #3,182 of 8,309
Threesome Amperex tube paid.
biggrin.gif
Might sell off the extra if I don't need it. I can't find any of this tube at our local audiophile forum. Thanks CoiL. Can't wait to test OG since it's rock/ metal friendly.
L3000.gif

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #3,183 of 8,309
Hope you like them. But I suggest you to keep them all if you like them since you never know how much usage they have had or what your Aune T1 unit might do to tubes. If you are rock/metal/progressive/djent listener, then Amperex OG should rock your ears :wink:

Edit:

Really recommend to listen John Surman - Saltash Bells album. Beautiful and skin-tingling! With OG sax sounds so good and "warm". Usually I don`t listen sax but this is just... eargasm ;P Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUW9wGsyksI&hd=1

Edit2:

For US members, recommend to try JAN Sylvania 6922 (Green label): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251024184077?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It`s towards more larger soundstage but it has great mids and good lows. Great tube with great price imo. Certainly worth to get into collection.

Also, one Mazda ECC189 (Chartres France): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300544331122?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I have 4x Miniwatt-Dario labeled ECC189`s and one Mazda labeled ECC189, they all are Chartres France made and they have the best tight & punchy bass out of my tube collection. Great soundstage, good mids, clarity & separation. Highly recommend to get this. Rare tube also :wink:

Nov 5, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #3,184 of 8,309
Does this DAC work well with OSX?

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #3,185 of 8,309
Aldo is there a way to use it with an ipad mini?

Nov 5, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #3,186 of 8,309
Nov 6, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #3,187 of 8,309
Hey guys, I just received my aune from the massdrop today and have a question about how to hook it up. I know that I'm going to use the USB line for my HD600, but I'm not sure how to hook up my Audioengine A2. I have an STX with RCA cables connected to the speakers, but I also know the aune has an RCA out, only with the amp instead of the amp and dac. Would they're be any benefit in running the speakers through the aune and stx instead of just the stx, or does it not matter since the aune would only at as an amp and the speakers are active?

I'm just wondering since running it through both would make it easier to switch between the speakers and my headphones.

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #3,188 of 8,309
Sorry didn`t understand really what you want or what is your problem but...

PC > Aune T1 via USB > RCA out to amplifier(d) speakers and headphones can work simultaneously. If I don`t use Headphones I just flip the switch to Line position, If I don`t want speakers, just turn them/amplifier off and use headphones with switch in USB position.

Aune T1 uses DAC & tube buffer only when USB input is used but that doesn`t mean that RCA out isn`t using them also! When you use RCA in - then there is only T1 amp part used. So, just feed your Aune T1 with USB and take RCA out to your audioengine and you`ll enjoy the DAC+tube too :wink:

Nov 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #3,190 of 8,309
  I have an STX with RCA cables connected to the speakers, but I also know the aune has an RCA out, only with the amp instead of the amp and dac. Would they're be any benefit in running the speakers through the aune and stx instead of just the stx, or does it not matter since the aune would only at as an amp and the speakers are active?

I'm just wondering since running it through both would make it easier to switch between the speakers and my headphones.

The RCA out of the Aune T1 isn't amplified, it's a pre-out. But the RCA out does use the tube and DAC--you're confusing the RCA in which does bypass the DAC and tube. I run amplified speakers off the RCA out and use the headphones at the same time.

Nov 7, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3,193 of 8,309
What would you folks think about driving he4s through a vintage pioneer sx727 with this as the dac? Currently have an e17 and he400 but changing it up a bit and wondered how a tube dac feeding a beefy amp would do for planars. Sorry if this has been discussed before or if I myself have already asked! I have a very bad memory....

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #3,194 of 8,309
I've been hearing that the stock tube or the 6922 don't pair that well with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro. I'm not that ready to invest into other tubes.. So which tube amplifier brings a great improvement right out of the box to the Beyers? Thanks in advance. :)

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #3,195 of 8,309
I've been hearing that the stock tube or the 6922 don't pair that well with the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro. I'm not that ready to invest into other tubes.. So which tube amplifier brings a great improvement right out of the box to the Beyers? Thanks in advance. :)

Project Starlight

What would you folks think about driving he4s through a vintage pioneer sx727 with this as the dac? Currently have an e17 and he400 but changing it up a bit and wondered how a tube dac feeding a beefy amp would do for planars. Sorry if this has been discussed before or if I myself have already asked! I have a very bad memory....

I would try what Sonido is doing and use a tube preamp. The T1 doesn't really have a tube sound the way tube amps do. He's going to report back on the Quickie. I would also suggest the Project Sunrise II which has a preamp out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back