Aune S17 pro
Jan 15, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #1,111 of 2,227
Please don't attempt to use PC component cooling methods with audio transistors. They are not the same material. The cooling pads for transistors are specifically designed for transistors, and will be optimum for them.
the same to Mjolnir 3. after testing well build units for their price like Sabaj D5 or Singxer Sa1 looking forward to hear this amplifier

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #1,112 of 2,227
These are the picture he sent back demonstrating I scratched the amp.
Can you see scratches on the amp?
I didn’t even looked under the amp or on the rear to check that had these “scratches”. So probably that’s how already it was!!! Also, even admitting those are scracthes cause by me, which is insanely crazy. Which amp is that?
The store is clearly acting in bad faith towards you.
The damage supposedly done there is minimal and would not be an impetus for future sale, they want to get rid of the device in light of the complaints that people have made and have taken advantage of their goodwill.

If I were you, I would publicize this in several places, several other groups so that this store can learn to respect its customers, a rubbish store. :smiling_imp:

@AuneAudio

Jan 15, 2024 at 3:06 PM Post #1,113 of 2,227
The store is clearly acting in bad faith towards you.
The damage supposedly done there is minimal and would not be an impetus for future sale, they want to get rid of the device in light of the complaints that people have made and have taken advantage of their goodwill.

If I were you, I would publicize this in several places, several other groups so that this store can learn to respect its customers, a rubbish store. :smiling_imp:

@AuneAudio

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #1,114 of 2,227
I’ve opened a paypal claim, sending them all of the informations I gave here, also attaching the silly pictures he sent to me. I want my money back, since I’m in good faith and I really barely touched the unit I had and I’m really sure he is trying to take advantage on me to get some easy money and that’s really a poor thing and just wanted to make it public so that anyone can see and make its own opinion about it. Everything is documented even his pictures with those “scratches” that seem to be pencil line from the pencil he is using to point on a unit that nonbody know wher is coming from since there’s not a serial number shown. Thanks for the support!
Please keep us informed, I want to buy 2 s17's next month. But if this is the real service of Aune here in Europe, I think I'll pass.

Jan 15, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,115 of 2,227
I must say that I ve had a good experience with Aune after explaining my noise problem. They suggested me to exchange my amp for another one so that they may study my machine. I didn't, because it seems that the problem comes from the cables, but they suggested me that solution without any condition.

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:27 PM Post #1,116 of 2,227
I must say that I ve had a good experience with Aune after explaining my noise problem. They suggested me to exchange my amp for another one so that they may study my machine. I didn't, because it seems that the problem comes from the cables, but they suggested me that solution without any condition.
Agree, I also have positive experience with Florian and Aune Europe, he was very helpful and offered me excellent service.

If you return a product that has (minor) visible signs of use he has the right to not give you a full refund.

Let’s not convict the guy based on one complaint of which we only heard one side of the story.

Jan 15, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #1,117 of 2,227
Agree, I also have positive experience with Florian and Aune Europe, he was very helpful and offered me excellent service.

If you return a product that has (minor) visible signs of use he has the right to not give you a full refund.

Let’s not convict the guy based on one complaint of which we only heard one side of the story.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #1,118 of 2,227
You know the other side of the story: I’ve attached his emails and pictures. In his emails he claims my unit was so dirty it took him 2 hours 2 clean and had never seen a unit that dirty? Wait…what? An amplifier sitting on top of a desk in a studio enviroment for barely 3 days was so dirty it took 2 hrs to clean? That seems really unrealistic! Neither if it was in a wine cellar. Also complaining about “scratches” that seem pencil sign from the pencil he is using to point them out and that may already been there when I got the unit. Also where’s the serial number? Who’s unit is that? This really seems he is trying to easily take my money. And he is in this group, so he has chance to defend himself. I didn’t say my side of the story: I actually told his side and just claiming its insane. Either you choose to support me or not its your choice of course, but that’s 100% his side of the story. The statement of the most dirty unit ever and those invisible scratches he is claiming are making me react like that. Cause to me that’s clearly trying to steal my money, like I was dumb or somethinf.
Don't make it cheap, otherwise he might do it again with someone else.

Aune should say something, he can't let a logist tarnish the brand's name.

Surreal to say that in such a short time a device became so dirty that it took 2 hours to clean, something like that is surreal.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #1,120 of 2,227
- Noise Issues with 2 aftermarket XLR cables -

No input source (DAC) connected. Volume set to zero. Headphones (55ohms) connected via XLR connection.
There's constant pink noise emitting from the headphones when in G-H mode. In G-L mode, dead silent. 50mA or 100mA does not matter.
With music playing = constant pink noise plus music.

Stock oem XLR cables = no noise.
Aftermarket OCC pure copper XLR braided cables = noise.
Aftermarket silver plated copper XLR braided cables = noise.

These 2 aftermarket cables works ok (no noise) with a lesser powerful amp.
--------------
Update:

I discovered a "work around" by plugging in a cheap earbuds into SA via an adapter. The noise went away. The music would play on the main headphones and earbuds but the volume from the earbuds would be much lower than the main headphones.
Aune says in the user manual to never ever connect two headphones simultaneously. Maybe you've done that before and that's the reason of the issue?

Jan 16, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #1,122 of 2,227
Really hoping Aune makes a 2nd revision of the S17 Pro with better thermal design as it was barely usable here in winter while I had it here.
I really liked the compact design and features, plus my unit had perfect volume control, but it got to 69°C pretty quickly in 100ma mode and sometimes froze (I had to turn off the power) instead of returning to 50ma mode - even there was a proper load with the HE6SEv2 plugged in all the time.

For a long time I had several other Class A amps like the Burson Soloist 3XP or the Headamp GS-X mini that got just as hot but always worked fine as their passive thermal design was more advanced. I have returned the Aune S17 Pro for the time being and could "upgrade" to the new Gustard H26 - which I hope arrives soon!

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:08 PM Post #1,123 of 2,227
Really hoping Aune makes a 2nd revision of the S17 Pro with better thermal design as it was barely usable here in winter while I had it here.
I really liked the compact design and features, plus my unit had perfect volume control, but it got to 69°C pretty quickly in 100ma mode and sometimes froze (I had to turn off the power) instead of returning to 50ma mode - even there was a proper load with the HE6SEv2 plugged in all the time.

For a long time I had several other Class A amps like the Burson Soloist 3XP or the Headamp GS-X mini that got just as hot but always worked fine as their passive thermal design was more advanced. I have returned the Aune S17 Pro for the time being and could "upgrade" to the new Gustard H26 - which I hope arrives soon!
Did you consider replacement, I have the same headphone like you (HE6sev2 with 4.4mm balanced cable), S17 Pro temperature 55-56 degrees at 100mA and 10 degrees cooler at 50mA. Ambient/room temperature of 20 degrees. DAC is Gustard R26 connected via XLR balanced.
I don’t have temperature issues with any of my other headphones (regardless of impedance, sensitivity, balanced or SE): HE400i, Ollo S4X, Beyerdynamic T90, HD650, ATH-r70x, Philips X2, ATH-a990z, Fostex T20rp, K712 Pro.
Just love the sound, especially with the HE6SEv2 !

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:24 PM Post #1,124 of 2,227
Did you consider replacement, I have the same headphone like you (HE6sev2 with 4.4mm balanced cable), S17 Pro temperature 55-56 degrees at 100mA and 10 degrees cooler at 50mA. Ambient/room temperature of 20 degrees. DAC is Gustard R26 connected via XLR balanced.
I don’t have temperature issues with any of my other headphones (regardless of impedance, sensitivity, balanced or SE): HE400i, Ollo S4X, Beyerdynamic T90, HD650, ATH-r70x, Philips X2, ATH-a990z, Fostex T20rp, K712 Pro.
Just love the sound, especially with the HE6SEv2 !
I thought about replacements at first, but there seems to be a high unit-to-unit variance currently and I didn't want to take a chance again (and send it back to China once more).
The HE6SEv2 sounded really great, which is why I haven't given up on the S17 Pro entirely, but just want to give it some more time (and hopefully improved revisions:rolling_eyes:).

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #1,125 of 2,227
Yes, I too noticed this obvious and very audible noise with some stock and aftermarket cables. Furthermore, the temperature rises much more quickly. It's strange because with other amplifiers, the same cables combined with the same or other headphones, don't cause any problems
Hi, we have tested a 4-meter headphone cable and two 3-meter headphone cables, and we haven't observed such a situation.

The S17 Pro is a pure Class A headphone amplifier. If a cable is too long and lacks sufficient internal insulation, it may increase the overall load and potentially generate more heat.

In order to accurately assess the issue you mentioned, we would need to obtain the specific type of cable you are referring to for testing and evaluation.:)

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back