Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
May 17, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #466 of 824
  yes I should I have been more clear. I am on windows and did use winrar to extract. So it could be OS compatibility at this point or the type of program used

Finally extracted it from Linux. You are absolutely right, thanks. it was a problem with the extracting tool which I was using in Linux. Installed PeaZip which worked like charm and extracted the 1.22 fw file.

May 17, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #467 of 824
Downloaded the FW on my Mac, extracted with win rar, copied to sd card ( root directory), inserted back to the unit, menu > update, clicked........ Update successfully !

First impressions after the update:

With immediate first listening I can tell that the overall sound is now less forward especially in the mids where the vocal resides. This makes listening more pleasurable less fatiguing for long term sessions. I also hear more depth between instruments than before. But the best of all... the sound now has got a hint of warmth and more body giving it a more balance in tonality. The bass has more extension it hits deeper and with more impact. LOVE it ! My M2S was a little too sterile and dead neutral to my liking and now it sounds as smooth as my AK120II but bit better clarity, bit bigger sound stage and with more sparkles.

The SQ of this player is INSANE. 

May 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #468 of 824
  Downloaded the FW on my Mac, extracted with win rar, copied to sd card ( root directory), inserted back to the unit, menu > update, clicked........ Update successfully !

First impressions after the update:

With immediate first listening I can tell that the overall sound is now less forward especially in the mids where the vocal resides. This makes listening more pleasurable less fatiguing for long term sessions. I also hear more depth between instruments than before. But the best of all... the sound now has got a hint of warmth and more body giving it a more balance in tonality. The bass has more extension it hits deeper and with more impact. LOVE it ! My M2S was a little too sterile and dead neutral to my liking and now it sounds as smooth as my AK120II but bit better clarity, bit bigger sound stage and with more sparkles.

The SQ of this player is INSANE. 

Excellent, thanks for sharing your impression  Cant wait to upgrade mine. Plugged in for charging at the moment.

May 17, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #469 of 824
Bout time you all caught up to 1.22. Now you can go forth and sing those praises for Aune once more. They really delivered and on a side note its really pained me being without, due to my unit being serviced at the moment. 

I cannot wait for the the hdmi out/coax that's supposed to be in the works. I keep an eye on the forum and so far no mention

May 17, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #473 of 824
tongue_smile.gif
I need to have one of this someday.

May 18, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #475 of 824
  Bout time you all caught up to 1.22. Now you can go forth and sing those praises for Aune once more. They really delivered and on a side note its really pained me being without, due to my unit being serviced at the moment. 

I cannot wait for the the hdmi out/coax that's supposed to be in the works. I keep an eye on the forum and so far no mention

Well, I hope you get yours back pretty soon cuz this thing is on fire now...
darthsmile.gif

May 21, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #476 of 824

Well, I hope you get yours back pretty soon cuz this thing is on fire now...
darthsmile.gif

Thank you for your wishes! Hopefully it should be back in my possession by the second week of this upcoming month. Just a heads up for people needing servicing. The Fellas over at Ingenious Ingenuity are great with communication and can handle most jobs with ease. However, as I found out. They currently do not have the skill set nor tools to actively service any of the devices by Aune. They actually need a special device/tool set to open the player to even begin doing any sort of work (which I found out after already shipping to them with the understanding at the time that it could be serviced and work carried out). Go right to the source with Aune, or if you have the patience you can send it to Ingenious, however, just know that they will have to put out a request for the tools and have to be taught by Aune on how to go about servicing. Just wanted to get the word out to my fellow audio junkies when it came time for those "Tough" decisions.

Happy Listening Friends, play a song for me if you can lol.

May 21, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #477 of 824
I'm just drooling all over this DAP and if she was a woman I'll marry her without the pre-nup

May 21, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #478 of 824
I'm just drooling all over this DAP and if she was a woman I'll marry her without the pre-nup

lol.
buy one! you wont regret. im just waiting for the firmware to be updated. the sq alone is already excellent.
what irritates me is the reading of the memory card... it stops before 50%. some folders have no files inside it.

May 21, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #479 of 824
You mean buy another one ? haha..
I will if I have to so I don't have to wait for it to re-charge.

Fingers crossed, so far I have never have problems with it as it scans the entire 128GB in just less than 10 sec and no missing files either.
What I just noticed today when I added a folder of a new artist it didn't show up on the browser. I then went back to the sd card on my Mac and deleted one artist folder (the one I could care less) and it seemed to fix the problems. 

May 21, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #480 of 824
  You mean buy another one ? haha..
I will if I have to so I don't have to wait for it to re-charge.

Fingers crossed, so far I have never have problems with it as it scans the entire 128GB in just less than 10 sec and no missing files either.
What I just noticed today when I added a folder of a new artist it didn't show up on the browser. I then went back to the sd card on my Mac and deleted one artist folder (the one I could care less) and it seemed to fix the problems. 

???
how come it scans all the infos in your 128gb?
what firmware are you using?

oh so you have one already? lol. my bad.
anyway, how long does the battery life last on your unit?
mine is 6-8 hours give or take... specially at night, when i dont use the screen to change tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back