Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
May 22, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #481 of 824
It only starts scanning whenever you remove and re-insert the sd card other than that fires up right away. Mine is on the latest 1.22.
The battery last about 6 but never more than 7 hrs, I turn up the vol between 70-80/100 to drive my HD700 loud.

You're saying yours have problems with it not being able to complete the scanning process ? 

May 22, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #483 of 824
  It only starts scanning whenever you remove and re-insert the sd card other than that fires up right away. Mine is on the latest 1.22.
The battery last about 6 but never more than 7 hrs, I turn up the vol between 70-80/100 to drive my HD700 loud.

You're saying yours have problems with it not being able to complete the scanning process ? 

yes. one of the main reason i sold it. mine is 1.22 firmware too.
:frowning2:
for now, ill have to use the x3ii and mojo.
to me, this aune m2s is better sounding than mojo. i find the sound to be more intimate, closer, richer in mids, and theres a magic in there that is hard to explain. the sound is more natural to my ears. :)
still hoping the aune company will fix this then ill buy one back again, no doubt. 
battery life is same as my mojo. (around 6-8 hours)

May 22, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #484 of 824
  Mine behaves the same as Skyfall. It only scans for the card if the card is removed and reinserted.

even if i removed and reinserted it, the scanning is still the same. even if i turned it off, or restore it... its still the same. it only reads around 40-50% then it stops.
then you will see some folders have no music in it. 

another reasons that concerns me is this:
-i find the slot of the memory card to be too recessed. you will need something to push the memory card when you want it out. :frowning2: this is one of the cons on the build area. i find this so annoying. to my new x3ii. the memory card is a bit out. hope you got my point. its easier to push in the card to bring it out.
-it gets hot as the mojo when using hours straight.
-battery life is mediocre. i wish they could fix it more by updating bigger battery to new batch.

but when talking sound quality, the aune m2s is king to all daps for me.

May 22, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #485 of 824
  even if i removed and reinserted it, the scanning is still the same. even if i turned it off, or restore it... its still the same. it only reads around 40-50% then it stops.

another reasons that concerns me is this:
-i find the slot of the memory card to be too recessed. you will need something to push the memory card when you want it out. :frowning2: this is one of the cons on the build area. i find this so annoying. to my new x3ii. the memory card is a bit out. hope you got my point. its easier to push in the card to bring it out.
-it gets hot as the mojo when using hours straight.
-battery life is mediocre. i wish they could fix it more by updating bigger battery to new batch.

but when talking sound quality, the aune m2s is king to all daps for me.

With my M2, I have no issues with the microSD slot. I have not noticed anything strange compared to my other DAPs.
Completely agree with you on the battery charge. It should have been better.

May 22, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #486 of 824
I would like to know, how many of you use volume rocker for traversing through the song list.
I myself dont use that at all and  find the navigation using the previous/next button sufficient. Once you master the long press, it's very easy to navigate through different menus.

I wish Aune will add an option in the next firmware so that the volume rocker can be used to change the volume when not in the 'Now Playing' screen.

May 22, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #487 of 824

I am really sorry to hear that it sounds like a faulty unit and I wish you could have sent it back for a replacement or something.
Because really mine doesn't give me problems so far.
Yeah battery life is short and it could be better since the DAP is not running on full touch screen on Android OS and I am still waiting for compatibility with 200 GB sd card ..mine is RUNNING OUT OF SPACE 
angry_face.gif
 hahaha

But again, for sound quality...it is on PAR with AK120II on balance mode with bit and pieces better and when paired with portable amp such as Alo MK3B+ it sounds like HUGO. Not kidding.

You really should get another one with warranty. 

May 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #488 of 824
  I would like to know, how many of you use volume rocker for traversing through the song list.
I myself dont use that at all and  find the navigation using the previous/next button sufficient. Once you master the long press, it's very easy to navigate through different menus.

I wish Aune will add an option in the next firmware so that the volume rocker can be used to change the volume when not in the 'Now Playing' screen.

Yeah I don't use Vol rocker to navigate, too afraid to wear 'em out too quickly. Long press on </> button is sufficient.
Do you have the B1 amp ?

May 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #489 of 824

Yeah I don't use Vol rocker to navigate, too afraid to wear 'em out too quickly. Long press on </> button is sufficient.
Do you have the B1 amp ?

I dont have B1. I read the they pair very well. I am more of an IEM person, don't have any headphones which needs more power. I am planning to buy an amp with bass boost at some point. Looking at Cayin C5.

May 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #490 of 824
There are a few portables with bass boost out there ; Headstage Arrow, FiiO E12, and Vorzuge Duo. Aune B1 don't have bass boost but it has a very good bass impact, meaty and punchier.

May 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #491 of 824
  There are a few portables with bass boost out there ; Headstage Arrow, FiiO E12, and Vorzuge Duo. Aune B1 don't have bass boost but it has a very good bass impact, meaty and punchier.

Thanks a lot Skyfall. I always wanted to buy Headstage arrow. The plethora of sound settings is very tempting. Only issue is I have to import it and it will cost a lot after the tax and duty. This applies for B1 as well. I will have look at Vorzuge Duo.

May 22, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #492 of 824
Aah..I see.
The only problem with Vorzamp is they are pricey. Nice if you can get second hand .

May 22, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #493 of 824

I am really sorry to hear that it sounds like a faulty unit and I wish you could have sent it back for a replacement or something.
Because really mine doesn't give me problems so far.
Yeah battery life is short and it could be better since the DAP is not running on full touch screen on Android OS and I am still waiting for compatibility with 200 GB sd card ..mine is RUNNING OUT OF SPACE 
angry_face.gif
 hahaha

But again, for sound quality...it is on PAR with AK120II on balance mode with bit and pieces better and when paired with portable amp such as Alo MK3B+ it sounds like HUGO. Not kidding.

You really should get another one with warranty. 

id definitely get one back again.
im just waiting for a good firmware update then ill purchase right ahead. :)
for now, ill stick on to my stacking. a mojo and an x3ii. though i find the aune m2s to be superior than this set up. :frowning2:
i really missed mine. 

May 23, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #494 of 824
Once again,
Aune M2 and this is only the Pro Reign Supreme against others and this includes the most AK240SS

http://inearspace.com/2016/03/01/looking-at-the-state-of-mid-tier-daps-in-2016/

I guess my own review about M2S wasn't such delusional at all.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

May 23, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #495 of 824
  Once again,
Aune M2 and this is only the Pro Reign Supreme against others and this includes the most AK240SS

http://inearspace.com/2016/03/01/looking-at-the-state-of-mid-tier-daps-in-2016/

I guess my own review about M2S wasn't such delusional at all.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

believe your ears bro :)
its telling the TRUTH :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back