Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
May 6, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #437 of 824
  Yea, there is a difference to the digital filters. Typically the Slow SD allows for more of a filled out bottom end with slower distortion, which lends to most genres. Depending on your headphones used and genre you might feel inclined towards the Sharp LD. I use this setting when connecting my Sony DR-Z7/6 as the decay on these phones are sharp already and so lend to the overall signature especially when paired with rock or classical.

Remember we're not working with EQ, so huge noticeable differences are not gonna be there. It's gonna have to do with overall subtleties, however if you listen out for them they will be there and they will ultimately make a difference in the sound

After reading your post, I tried again with few different Iems, and I can hear the difference. I guess, the change in sound is not that huge with iems.

May 6, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #439 of 824
Yea for 

After reading your post, I tried again with few different Iems, and I can hear the difference. I guess, the change in sound is not that huge with iems.

Yea for instance, the Sony headphones have a sharp decay, so the synergy with the sharp decay long distortion setting helps make them sound proper, if that makes sense. The MEE p1's I have however, sound off with that setting on, in this case the slow decay, slow distortion is the better setting. 

I feel this approach is quite interesting in regards to past iterations of players I've used where the change in sound came in EQ settings. This is not quite as helpful I admit (who doesn't like shaping the frequency to their whims?).
However, I do feel that it helps bring synergy with different headphones, lock down that synergy and magic is released!

May 6, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #440 of 824
Another thing I noticed is when I connect the player to my PC with mSD card on, the card is not getting mounted and cannot be accessed from my PC. This is with M2 powered on. I tried this from both Linux and OSX, but no joy. I tried the same  with another player(same mSD card) and it mounts with no issues. Wonder if any of you have encountered this issue.

May 11, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #444 of 824
I've been searching for a protective case for M2 and stumbled upon some in Aliexpress. I have tried to post the links here, but for some reason those links dont point to the right item after submitting the post.

May 11, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #445 of 824
Just in case you are unaware, if you plan on stacking the Aune M2S, especially with the B1 amp I would NOT recommend a case. The device can heat up, and at least in my experience with a case around it (leather I am presuming you might be looking at). Will ultimately suffocate the device and overheat it. Something to consider as we approach summer.

May 11, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #446 of 824
  Just in case you are unaware, if you plan on stacking the Aune M2S, especially with the B1 amp I would NOT recommend a case. The device can heat up, and at least in my experience with a case around it (leather I am presuming you might be looking at). Will ultimately suffocate the device and overheat it. Something to consider as we approach summer.

Ohh, thats a very good point, thanks. I have noticed, the M2 getting warm. And you are right I was looking at those leather cases available in aliexpress.

May 11, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #447 of 824
beerchug.gif

May 13, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #450 of 824
I've made a video about M2. May be it'll be useful for somebody

Nice video, it was quite helpful. However, I am having a hard time deciding between the M2 and the pro having only heard the pro. Is the pro worth almost twice as much and if so why? The M2 sounded so good by itself that I am thinking that the M2/B1 for the same price as the pro makes more sense than just the pro. Or am I really missing out on something and should just use the $500 to get the pro?

Also, you mentioned that the highs are better in the pro/S, but I considered that the key strength of the basic M2.  am very sensitive to highs and hate sizzle preferring the M2 smooth treble. Are they really better or just different and potentially a downgrade in my prospective? Or is it really actually a noticeable improvement that anyone could hear? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back