Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Apr 22, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #421 of 824
  On my way out with my portable rig Aune M2 > Neco soundlab V4 > DT1350 I walked past my tube amp with DT880 600 ohms and thought what if? so I plugged the DT880's in place of DT1350's and wow!  The neco soundlab is still on low gain as use it mostly with the dt1350's. So does the auto gain of the m2 work on the line out? 
So very happy bought the Aune M2.

Line out on M2 is a fix level (non adjustable) the same level as maxed out vol on HO and it is very powerful. In terms of quality I didn't hear any different between HO vs LO you can basically use either one or both at the same time.

Anyone know if there was an update recently? It's still not recognizing all my files.

Can you elaborate more, did you use 200 GB SD card ?
The latest FW I could find is 1.21

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #422 of 824
Actually, yes, it was a 200gb microSD. I think I'm on 1.2.1. Does the card size make a difference?

I'm also hearing some hissing in the left ear, don't know if that's a firmware issue or hardware one. 

Apr 22, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #423 of 824
M2 series is not compatible with 200 GB SD card yet. The max is 128 GB.

Tips: make sure to "finalize" your music files organization before coping them to your SD Card. Once you copy those files to your SD Card anything that you add later or modify will not be in the alphabetical order anymore. It will go to the bottom of the list or get messed up .
@ExpiredLabel did a good job describing this annoying bugs.

How loud is the hiss ? and if it hisses it should be both sides.
Technically, this should have no hiss.

Apr 22, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #424 of 824
  M2 series is not compatible with 200 GB SD card yet. The max is 128 GB.

Tips: make sure to "finalize" your music files organization before coping them to your SD Card. Once you copy those files to your SD Card anything that you add later or modify will not be in the alphabetical order anymore. It will go to the bottom of the list or get messed up .
@ExpiredLabel did a good job describing this annoying bugs.

How loud is the hiss ? and if it hisses it should be both sides.
Technically, this should have no hiss.

I have yet to see a source that takes 128gb and not 200gb. I'll try it out with my 128gb card though.

The hiss is quite loud. I have a pre-final version of the M2, so it could be that's what is causing it. It's annoying though, and only in the left ear. Tried with multiple headphones.

Thanks for the tip with the SD card, I'll look into it.

Apr 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #429 of 824
Thanks, mine came with fw1.10. I will upgrade it to fw1.22 this evening.  

Have a quick question about the upgrade. The manual that came with mine does not mention about fw upgrades. Can you please confirm this is all i have to do?

- Put the 1.22 rar file to SD card and select update from the Settings.

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #430 of 824
Yea, just make sure the DAT. file I think it is is in the root folder, go to settings and update like you mention and you should be good to go. The whole process shouldn't take very long at all and since you are coming from 1.10 you should notice a slight change in audio. Certainly more compatibility

Apr 30, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #431 of 824
Yea, just make sure the DAT. file I think it is is in the root folder, go to settings and update like you mention and you should be good to go. The whole process shouldn't take very long at all and since you are coming from 1.10 you should notice a slight change in audio. Certainly more compatibility

Great, Thanks a mil.

May 4, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #433 of 824
Updated the fw version to 1.21 and the battery issue is gone.  I am really enjoying this player. Just wondering if anyone of you played with the four filters. I cant hear any difference in the sound switching from one to another.

One feature I would like to have is a facility to change the volume when not in the now playing screen.

May 4, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #434 of 824
Yea, there is a difference to the digital filters. Typically the Slow SD allows for more of a filled out bottom end with slower distortion, which lends to most genres. Depending on your headphones used and genre you might feel inclined towards the Sharp LD. I use this setting when connecting my Sony DR-Z7/6 as the decay on these phones are sharp already and so lend to the overall signature especially when paired with rock or classical.

Remember we're not working with EQ, so huge noticeable differences are not gonna be there. It's gonna have to do with overall subtleties, however if you listen out for them they will be there and they will ultimately make a difference in the sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back