Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 3, 2017 at 12:13 PM Post #1,758 of 1,991
Sorry for the stupid question, probably just done many times, but what is your opinion vs xduoo x10. Tomorrow I'll receive my m1s but reading here and in other blogs seems this other player is also a best seller with an optimal value for money. I assume that the balanced output is an important plus but I am curious to hear your opinion at regard. My principal doubt is on the interface: seems better on xduoo.(navigation, cover, number of caracters). Hope you solve my doubt and confirm my choise (better sound and normal usability). Sorry for poor English.thanks

Sep 3, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #1,759 of 1,991
Sorry for the stupid question, probably just done many times, but what is your opinion vs xduoo x10. Tomorrow I'll receive my m1s but reading here and in other blogs seems this other player is also a best seller with an optimal value for money. I assume that the balanced output is an important plus but I am curious to hear your opinion at regard. My principal doubt is on the interface: seems better on xduoo.(navigation, cover, number of caracters). Hope you solve my doubt and confirm my choise (better sound and normal usability). Sorry for poor English.thanks
I dont know about xduo x10.

But I do know they are both value daps for simple interface.

There are plenty of reviews where Aune M1S can make you forget about it's spec and just listen to the sound. You should give it a listen and see if you like it when you get it tomorrow.

Sep 3, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #1,760 of 1,991
Had both, now XDuoo X10 is gone to a relative because for me it sounded too flat and muddy, did do dsf well (stutter). Aune M1s is tremendous DAP, great dynamic sound, powerful and very clear, I ordered balanced cable for my HiFiman phones, it became even better (if it is possible at all). Interface is mee but I do not care with a sound at the level of three times more expensive DAPs.

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #1,761 of 1,991
Had both, now XDuoo X10 is gone to a relative because for me it sounded too flat and muddy, did do dsf well (stutter). Aune M1s is tremendous DAP, great dynamic sound, powerful and very clear, I ordered balanced cable for my HiFiman phones, it became even better (if it is possible at all). Interface is mee but I do not care with a sound at the level of three times more expensive DAPs.
Thanks a lot. I can't try this kind of object so I often do a blink buy. The factors that pulled me to buy aune are essentially the frequent pairing with ve monk and other venture earbuds that I absolutely appreciate (veclan sells m1s and this is for me significative) and the description read in this topic of sonic caratheristichs that seem to match to my taste. For me is very interesting to try balanced output for the first time and I have just ordered a balanced monk + spc edition.
My only dubt was about the length of text titles because I listen mostly classicals and the reproduction issues. Very impatient to try it...

Sep 3, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #1,762 of 1,991
Thanks a lot. I can't try this kind of object so I often do a blink buy. The factors that pulled me to buy aune are essentially the frequent pairing with ve monk and other venture earbuds that I absolutely appreciate (veclan sells m1s and this is for me significative) and the description read in this topic of sonic caratheristichs that seem to match to my taste. For me is very interesting to try balanced output for the first time and I have just ordered a balanced monk + spc edition.
My only dubt was about the length of text titles because I listen mostly classicals and the reproduction issues. Very impatient to try it...
I also listen to classical music very much and I have hard time with long titles. So what? I just want redo those which produce trouble. Sometimes there is problem even with regular names, the device does not like file extension in bold letters. Still, I like sound enough not to be troubled by some quirks. It is like XDuoo X3, I like sound so much that I am tempted to buy one more device:) but it's interface, o my! Was corrected partly by Rockbox.

Sep 3, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #1,763 of 1,991
Anyone in contact with Aune Audio? I have a feeling that the M1s is being left out. I look at this as a Purist DAP, but with the playback cut at the end of the song disappoints me. Still hoping that Aune is still working to perfect its firmware.

Sep 3, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #1,764 of 1,991
Anyone in contact with Aune Audio? I have a feeling that the M1s is being left out. I look at this as a Purist DAP, but with the playback cut at the end of the song disappoints me. Still hoping that Aune is still working to perfect its firmware.
Sent an email to Candy of Aune Support last week for update. No reply.

Sep 4, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #1,766 of 1,991

Not a stupid question, @Xurxes Xinen. I had the X10 together with my M1s and now only have the M1s. Eventually sold the X10. Here's my observation between the two:

Sound signature: M1s is close to neutral with a slight boost in the lower end, has excellent transparency, low noise, and blacker background. I hear the X10 as a bright DAP but everything seemed to be boosted especially the bass, it was almost always present in every music I tried.

Bass Quality: M1s > X10
Bass Quantity: X10 > M1s
Vocal presence: X10 (upfront) vs M1s (natural)
Highs: X10 (brighter) vs M1s (natural)

Pretty basic description only and of course, this is just me being subjective. Other people may have their own opinions on them. Best to try them both when you get the chance.

Sep 4, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,767 of 1,991
Yah..it has exceed my expectations.. very clear, correct and detailed.headsteage is open and airy.
Is my first dap but the experience is not far from my desktop setup..very satisfacted. For the moment nothing wrong in the functionality..the minimalistic UI is not a problem. Read perfectly dsd iso...only problem with the cue sheet but not a real problem, I can split the tracks.
In the box only 1 silicon cover...but better than nothing. a little ass pain to apply the cover for the display.
The sound is very good. For the moment I can only use it in balanced with monk1, monk plus (candy my favorite) an AT m50x.
Great thanks to everyone for the precious suggestions. For the filter at the moment I prefer slow (fast is a little to crisp and fatiguating, imho).For the gain low is a little too weak (I have to pull near 100..), so I am using medium, but doesn' t seem worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back