Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 4, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #1,771 of 1,991
maybe I talked too soon. Some tracks disappear and no way to copy the whole album, only some tracks random. What is the problem?
It doesn't work no matter what you do with some files. There's no real answer except that Aune needs to fix some things that were promised. Hence my dissatisfaction with the M1s. Seems that Aune is moving on and has little regard for making this unit perfect. I will never buy another DAP that doesn't run near perfect out of the box. Too mAny promises, too little time...

Sep 5, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #1,774 of 1,991
Sometimes is a problems of name, too long or some character he doesn't like, sometimes of format, I have to reconvert flac in flac or in wav, sometimes nothing that works.yes it worth it, but that sucks...

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #1,775 of 1,991
Another problem:how to put the numbers in sequence,for es 1,2,3; or 01,02, or 001, and for divisors: space, double space or - or .
St Matheus passio has over 70 file and I can't put them in numerical order...

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #1,777 of 1,991
Can you suggest me an adapter from normal jack 3,5 to balanced trrs 2,5? Has it any sense for ameliorate sound quality of my unbalanced earphones? I searched on veclam but I can't find it. Possible non too espensive (max 10-15$)..
And at last what about the match with monk plus espresso ed. Balanced?
I tried now monk + spc ed. but I find it a little too bright with less presence of lower frequencies for my tastes.
Thanksì

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #1,778 of 1,991
Can you suggest me an adapter from normal jack 3,5 to balanced trrs 2,5? Has it any sense for ameliorate sound quality of my unbalanced earphones? I searched on veclam but I can't find it. Possible non too espensive (max 10-15$)..
And at last what about the match with monk plus espresso ed. Balanced?
I tried now monk + spc ed. but I find it a little too bright with less presence of lower frequencies for my tastes.
Thanksì

Better get an actual balanced cable instead of an adapter, AFAIK, 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapters aren't actually balanced anymore. You should reterminate your HP, IEM, or earbuds into a balanced termination.

Sep 6, 2017 at 5:59 AM Post #1,780 of 1,991
@Xurxes Xinen

Monk+ is more like a good demo of what balanced can do.... But Tbh I used it only once, (personal view)
You probably don't like the sound of monk+ spc and it's fine, you aren't the only one :) (a friend said same)

For potential match with balanced earbuds... There isn't much balanced earbuds on the market yet. I like Ty hi z 150s. Some say Asura 2. Stardust should be nice??

I lately reterminated a couple of my earbuds to balanced and the results are very pleasing.
Especially for separation and imaging. As well as ease of drive, more bass, dynamics.
Imo you are missing out if you only using the m1s single ended. Especially earbuds benefits greatly from balanced.

Check the DIY earbuds thread for more info about this.

Sep 6, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #1,782 of 1,991
Curious if anyone here has experience trying to interface an M1s with a Chord Mojo. I tried a usb-usb connector, and it didn't work. Is there anyway to make use of the DAC on the Mojo? If not, what's the next best way to connect them?

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #1,783 of 1,991
Curious if anyone here has experience trying to interface an M1s with a Chord Mojo. I tried a usb-usb connector, and it didn't work. Is there anyway to make use of the DAC on the Mojo? If not, what's the next best way to connect them?

The Mojo won't recognize the M1s as a transport through a digital connection (USB, just like what you tried to do). M1s will work with line out (analog) connections but the Mojo's inputs are all digital (USB and coax). The Mojo will work with most smartphones and other DAPs with digital out. M1s doesn't have a digital out. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #1,784 of 1,991
Hi everyone,

I just bought the m1s and i find it amazing. The volume however is a bit low for me tha i have to dial it way up to 95-100. I tried using it with the a3 and cmoybb v2.03. The separation however suffers, as well as the overall clarity.

If i may humbly ask, is there an amp where the overall sound signature is not detrimentally affected?

Thank you.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,785 of 1,991
The Mojo won't recognize the M1s as a transport through a digital connection (USB, just like what you tried to do). M1s will work with line out (analog) connections but the Mojo's inputs are all digital (USB and coax). The Mojo will work with most smartphones and other DAPs with digital out. M1s doesn't have a digital out. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.
I was under the same impression, but hoped the micro-usb connection would work. I'm going to keep and enjoy my aune, but it looks like i need a different dap with Digital out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back