Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Sep 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #1,786 of 1,991
Hi everyone,

I just bought the m1s and i find it amazing. The volume however is a bit low for me tha i have to dial it way up to 95-100. I tried using it with the a3 and cmoybb v2.03. The separation however suffers, as well as the overall clarity.

If i may humbly ask, is there an amp where the overall sound signature is not detrimentally affected?

Thank you.
Aune B1 is my vote.
Btw, did you try the agressive curve in the 1.06 firmware ?

Sep 6, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,787 of 1,991
@kissmevn,

thanks for the reply. I haven't tried it yet. It is the same as updating? I drag the downloaded file ("more aggressive volume curve.rar) to the root directory and then update the m1s?

Does it make it louder?

I'm a bit hard of hearing I guess from all the abuse my ears took when i was still playing.

Thanks again!

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #1,788 of 1,991
@kissmevn,

thanks for the reply. I haven't tried it yet. It is the same as updating? I drag the downloaded file ("more aggressive volume curve.rar) to the root directory and then update the m1s?

Does it make it louder?

I'm a bit hard of hearing I guess from all the abuse my ears took when i was still playing.

Thanks again!

Less aggressive curve about 40-50 is already loud for me on medium gain.

More aggressive curve about 70-80 to get loud.

Sep 7, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #1,789 of 1,991
Thanks for the help guys.

I use high gain and 95 volume. Sometimes its not enough. I also used the agressive curve.

Does the less aggressive curve make the m1s louder? And do i just drag the file to the root directory and update?

Thank you again sirs. Big help as always.

Sep 7, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #1,790 of 1,991
Thanks for the help guys.

I use high gain and 95 volume. Sometimes its not enough. I also used the agressive curve.

Does the less aggressive curve make the m1s louder? And do i just drag the file to the root directory and update?

Thank you again sirs. Big help as always.

Yes, just drag the file and update.

About the less aggressive curve, 40-50 is already loud for me.

Just try it. We have different ears.

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #1,793 of 1,991
I also listen to classical music very much and I have hard time with long titles. So what? I just want redo those which produce trouble. Sometimes there is problem even with regular names, the device does not like file extension in bold letters. Still, I like sound enough not to be troubled by some quirks. It is like XDuoo X3, I like sound so much that I am tempted to buy one more device:) but it's interface, o my! Was corrected partly by Rockbox.

Long titles can be shortened by this free software: http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/
(RenameMaster)
It's the only way to play classical files on a M1s!

Sep 7, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,794 of 1,991
Another problem:how to put the numbers in sequence,for es 1,2,3; or 01,02, or 001, and for divisors: space, double space or - or .
St Matheus passio has over 70 file and I can't put them in numerical order...

Long titles can be shortened by this free software: http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/108/
(RenameMaster)
It's the only way to play classical files on a M1s!

Sep 8, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #1,800 of 1,991
I'll check but i copies the .rar file and in the settings, it says the firmware is 1.06. I'll check again.

Thanks again for the help sirs.
Eh...you should extract the rar file using winrar. Inside it is a file named "auneM1s_1.06_more aggressive volume curve.rar", extract that too to get the "update.dat" file, you should copy this file directly into your sd's card. (Not inside any folder).
Then turn on the M1s, go to setting, choose System Upgrade (near the bottom of the list).
Hope that's help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back