Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Aug 31, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #1,741 of 1,991
Dear AUNE developers, the M1s what a terrific player!
But please repair the long filenames problem! Most of my classical music has to be converted, one by one,

Glad that you also mentioned about the same issue....... however, I don't think they care anymore........ it has been a while since they release the last update...... just sell this unit and get other brand that is not from China.........

Aug 31, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #1,743 of 1,991
Glad that you also mentioned about the same issue....... however, I don't think they care anymore........ it has been a while since they release the last update...... just sell this unit and get other brand that is not from China.........
Ummmm that is like 90% daps that are made in China.......

I mean besides some like Opus from the bit which is made in korea but..... You eliminate a ton of daps.

Ibasso. Hifiman. Fiio. Hidizs. Aune.

Even Sony makes their walkmans in china.
We could keep going...

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,744 of 1,991
If this attitude of Aune continue, it teach me one thing. To not buy anymore from them, too bad as I like their player for its simplicity with very good sq. I don't like android player as android software is easily to get outdated.

Aug 31, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #1,746 of 1,991
Ummmm that is like 90% daps that are made in China.......

I mean besides some like Opus from the bit which is made in korea but..... You eliminate a ton of daps.

Ibasso. Hifiman. Fiio. Hidizs. Aune.

Even Sony makes their walkmans in china.
We could keep going...

Let me clarify my statement, "Any audio player that is based on China COMPANY (China Brand) and quality is controlled by them". Just for your information, Sony DAP that are sold in Malaysia is normally made in Malaysia or Thailand, not China.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #1,747 of 1,991
Cayin seems to be pro active about their software support. But I don't like android DAP either...

I do still have hope that we will have a final 2.0 update for m1s before next year....

Still the player works very fine to me. Simple UI done right imo. I mean, look at Alien+ thread... It's another story.

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #1,748 of 1,991
Cayin seems to be pro active about their software support. But I don't like android DAP either...

I do still have hope that we will have a final 2.0 update for m1s before next year....

Still the player works very fine to me. Simple UI done right imo. I mean, look at Alien+ thread... It's another story.

Agreed but there are still problem that are annoying that are not solved yet in example loud pop sound at the end of some DSD track......... also DXD playback is impossible without noise on Aune M1s......... I also love this player for its simplicity but hates its software incompletion and bugs.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #1,749 of 1,991
Agreed but there are still problem that are annoying that are not solved yet in example loud pop sound at the end of some DSD track......... also DXD playback is impossible without noise on Aune M1s......... I also love this player for its simplicity but hates its software incompletion and bugs.

Also gapless is not working. I heard it might work with cue files but I don't so don't know for sure.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #1,750 of 1,991
my greatest gripe is that it unable to play through folder :triportsad:

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #1,752 of 1,991
But it does play through folder, it's has been implemented in the playback options! Or you mean something else?

1/10 of cue files work for me otherwise each of them have a different bug...
Really? I will check again tomorrow, as what happen is it play back to track 1 after inside the folder once all song are finished. I am using M2 Pro and I believed the software is the same, right?

Sep 1, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #1,753 of 1,991
I dont own M2 pro so I don't know

_20170901_224745.JPG

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,754 of 1,991
I dont own M2 pro so I don't know

It is confirm that play through folder in my m2 doesn't work, I am not using cue files. What I mean of play through folder is that after all songs in the current folder has been been played, it will go to next folder. folder 1 --> folder 2 --> folder 3 ... -> folder x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back