Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 21, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #769 of 1,991
Ok 
bigsmile_face.gif
 !

So just wait now 
L3000.gif

Feb 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #771 of 1,991
Hi, Im deciding between the M1s and Cayin N5. Which one will be better? I listen to any songs. :)

N5 for Warm, Musical and detailed music. M1S for Neutral, Transparency and slightly more detail retrieval.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #773 of 1,991
Hi, Im deciding between the M1s and Cayin N5. Which one will be better? I listen to any songs. :)

N5 for Warm, Musical and detailed music. M1S for Neutral, Transparency and slightly more detail retrieval.

And... N5 has 2 x mSD slots vs M1s with 1 mSD slot. N5 has more features / is more customizable vs M1s which is simpler. N5 has gapless support and no split-second cut-off at beginning of songs vs M1s which needs CUE file for gapless support and has split-second cut-off. N5 has noisy balanced out vs M1s which has very clean balanced out.

As usual, it's not a cut and dried decision.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #774 of 1,991
And... N5 has 2 x mSD slots vs M1s with 1 mSD slot. N5 has more features / is more customizable vs M1s which is simpler. N5 has gapless support and no split-second cut-off at beginning of songs vs M1s which needs CUE file for gapless support and has split-second cut-off. N5 has noisy balanced out vs M1s which has very clean balanced out.

As usual, it's not a cut and dried decision.

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention the rest. Oops.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #775 of 1,991
Aune M1S w/PureSounds PS 100 - 260 (260 Ohms) Balanced Version.

I need to look those buds up. Just got a pair of CampFred as well as TY Hi-Z 32ohm and 400ohm and am really liking them all. I should get the TY Hi-Z 400ohm reterminated as balanced. I think that would synergize really well with M1s balanced out!

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #776 of 1,991
I need to look those buds up. Just got a pair of CampFred as well as TY Hi-Z 32ohm and 400ohm and am really liking them all. I should get the TY Hi-Z 400ohm reterminated as balanced. I think that would synergize really well with M1s balanced out!

They are sold out at the AK Store. :'(

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #778 of 1,991
I am smitten by the synergy between the M1S and IEMs. It's the best portable player for IEMs I have

I know it's all about personal preference, but I can't say the same. I think maybe I'm an outlier in that I think M1s single-ended output is just OK. However, the balanced out is fantastic. Very clear, detailed sound from Balanced Out. For single-ended output, I prefer other DAPs. Granted, some of them are more expensive, though. I didn't see any monetary disclaimer in your post :wink:

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #779 of 1,991
I know it's all about personal preference, but I can't say the same. I think maybe I'm an outlier in that I think M1s single-ended output is just OK. However, the balanced out is fantastic. Very clear, detailed sound from Balanced Out. For single-ended output, I prefer other DAPs. Granted, some of them are more expensive, though. I didn't see any monetary disclaimer in your post :wink:
I actually really appreciate what Aune has done with the single ended output when it comes to highly sensitive IEMs. The Noble Encore and Campfire Andromeda sound amazeballs with this player via the single ended jack.

Feb 22, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #780 of 1,991

Yeah. I really prefer the balanced output more. I wish I had more balanced IEMs. I am getting the The Phantom Master. Maybe that will sound drastically better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back