Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 9, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #737 of 1,991
So I am trying to return my M1s. Aune had asked me too shop it back for a replacement. I was quoted $230 as the cheapest option. UPS is the only place real close. Are there better options than this? I cannot afford to return the product or afford to lose the money I spent on it either. Any help is appreciated.
how can a small audio player cost that much to ship

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #739 of 1,991
Any news on a new firmware date @Aune ? Would love to see some things fixed soon. It's hard to fully enjoy this DAP with that split second cutofff of the songs. Also a question...is it possible to add more DSP features via firmware?

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #740 of 1,991
@aune is it possible to have a proper Line Out via the 2.5mm balanced output? Tested it out today and found that in LO setting the 2.5 balanced is not made into a Line Out.

Edit: After PMing Aune, they confirmed that 2.5mm balanced terminal is a proper Line OUT and it works out fine. After getting this confirmation, I went back and cleaned the contacts on my newly made adapter and the distortions disappeared. Sorry for creating this confusion.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #742 of 1,991
That''s too bad, and a bit of a missed opportunity there. I just made a cable to connect the 2.5 out to a small balanced headphone amp. There's distortion at 100% volume on the M1s but at 75% I can run it without any distortion. I'll have to do more testing on it to see what the value of that is SQ wise. When I have a little more time tonight, I'll try to figure it out with some big phones. I'm not sure how the architecture is on the M1s even with the 3.5mm LO since you can still add the DSP with the regular LO.

Edit: After PMing Aune, they confirmed that 2.5mm balanced terminal is a proper Line OUT and it works out fine. After getting this confirmation, I went back and cleaned the contacts on my newly made adapter and the distortions disappeared. Sorry for creating this confusion.

Feb 13, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #743 of 1,991
Great news for the UK head-fiers!!!

@glassmonkey is organizing the Aune M1s UK tour! The lucky ones will not only have access to listening to Aune's latest DAP but also have a chance to win a beta M1s!

Read this thread for details: http://www.head-fi.org/t/835295/uk-tour-and-giveaway-aune-m1s-32-bit-384khz-dsd-128-portable-audio-player Thanks @glassmonkey for organizing the tour and best of luck to everyone!

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Feb 15, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #747 of 1,991
Hi everyone,

I also have minor issues with my M1s.

The biggest one was a little "glonk glonk" noise inside when i shake it 
blink.gif

By opening it i saw a small screw out .. I tried to put it back in place, but the problem was even worse, the advance and return button did not work, after several attempts: with it does not work, it does not work.

So I put everything back without this screw and now it works perfectly.

The screw in question is the one that is located next to the battery connector.

If my experience can serve some.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #748 of 1,991
So someone kindly passed along one of the engineering samples for me to try out. It arrived last night. So far I am really enjoying it....I have a pair of Monk Plus (balanced) and they definitely benefit from being balanced. It sounds great...not sure if it meets the Aune M2, but I listened to that so long ago I can't reliably speak to it. 

The UI, is as I experienced on the M2, delightfully simple. I appreciate that a lot. Sometimes more can be done with less. The unit fires up, tells you if there is no card, scans a card as soon as you drop it in, and plays great thereafter, no problems. 

The D-Pad works great. As noted the center button on the engineering samples is loose. Nothing that freaks me out though. If I feel particularly masochistic this weekend I'll open the unit up and see if I can fix the rattle. 

I am on firmware 1.01. No clipping of the first second of a song for me. Maybe I am an ignorant brute and just don't hear it? LOL. 

Feb 16, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #750 of 1,991
So someone kindly passed along one of the engineering samples for me to try out. It arrived last night. So far I am really enjoying it....I have a pair of Monk Plus (balanced) and they definitely benefit from being balanced. It sounds great...not sure if it meets the Aune M2, but I listened to that so long ago I can't reliably speak to it. 

The UI, is as I experienced on the M2, delightfully simple. I appreciate that a lot. Sometimes more can be done with less. The unit fires up, tells you if there is no card, scans a card as soon as you drop it in, and plays great thereafter, no problems. 

The D-Pad works great. As noted the center button on the engineering samples is loose. Nothing that freaks me out though. If I feel particularly masochistic this weekend I'll open the unit up and see if I can fix the rattle. 

I am on firmware 1.01. No clipping of the first second of a song for me. Maybe I am an ignorant brute and just don't hear it? LOL. 

Dang it, I forgot to send you a case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back