Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Feb 7, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #724 of 1,991
Also, I am not trying to be negative. Just have had zero luck with this purchase. I want this to have gone much differently. Don't know where else to ask for advice.

Sorry for the directness, I just have a bunch of aune products and have not had any qc issues which is what causes a lot of confusion for me.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #726 of 1,991
Sorry for the directness, I just have a bunch of aune products and have not had any qc issues which is what causes a lot of confusion for me.
it's cool. I really want one of these also. I understand that there are trolls. I am not one. Just hoping for someone to hit me with good news.

I'll ask the rep I know to look into it for you

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #728 of 1,991
Thanks everyone. I am sorry I am sounding so negative! I want this awesome DAP to be in my ears kicking tunes. (I am feeling extra nervous because of my girlfriend who was against me spending money.) It is a dream of mine to open a headphone shop in the city I'm from that doesn't have one. I am an audio enthusiast from childhood. Please don't take my anxiousness as negativity!

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #732 of 1,991
  Apologies if this has been asked already but I don't have time to read the entire thread. Does the M1s not display album art on the Now Playing screen?

No album art.  Playback categories are also limited to folder, all songs, favorites.  It is already requested that maybe they can add categories like artist and album.  Let's see on the next firmware if they will do so.  Still, the M1s is a DAP that I would recommend given its price to performance rating plus the balanced out feature, eve if it doesn't sport a full color screen.  Plus, the battery lasts 2 times longer than their other DAPs.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #733 of 1,991

No album art.  Playback categories are also limited to folder, all songs, favorites.  It is already requested that maybe they can add categories like artist and album.  Let's see on the next firmware if they will do so.  Still, the M1s is a DAP that I would recommend given its price to performance rating plus the balanced out feature, eve if it doesn't sport a full color screen.  Plus, the battery lasts 2 times longer than their other DAPs.

Thanks for the info. I wonder how this compares to the Cayin N5 as it's (AFAIK) the closest in price with balanced out.

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:14 PM Post #734 of 1,991
So for anyone who has heard me whimpering, I just went to the post office and shipping them back is REALLY reasonable in comparison to the UPS store I was quoted at ($239) and the DHL quote ($120). At no more than $40 I am quite relieved about things. Candy has been great with my nervous ass. So in a few days I hope to hear the quality that I had so longed for!! Thanks to you all for putting up with me also. Hope to be a better member of headfi from now on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back