Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Aug 15, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #1,696 of 1,991
Good to hear that. $500 doesn't matter as long as your stack satisfies your ears. YOLO they say.

Yup, now I am looking forward to upgrade it to A&Ultima Sp1000 in the future............. only if I can afford it.......... I need around 7000 usd to build the setup I want............... by the time, I will be selling everything in my inventory, by the way does any one of your guys uses discord, maybe we can talk about the sound signature there?

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #1,697 of 1,991
Yup, now I am looking forward to upgrade it to A&Ultima Sp1000 in the future............. only if I can afford it.......... I need around 7000 usd to build the setup I want............... by the time, I will be selling everything in my inventory, by the way does any one of your guys uses discord, maybe we can talk about the sound signature there?
I wish I had a lot of money for sp1000. lol. My next project is upgrade balanced cable for my flc 8s, ve zen 2.0 and ra plus. After that, I might take a break. My bank account needs to take a rest.

Aug 21, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #1,698 of 1,991
I wish I had a lot of money for sp1000. lol. My next project is upgrade balanced cable for my flc 8s, ve zen 2.0 and ra plus. After that, I might take a break. My bank account needs to take a rest.

skip RA plus go RA 2.0, i get my flc8s balance cable from Jonjon Manlapaz of Urban Audio.
Collect2.jpg Collect1.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,702 of 1,991
I think Aune M1s needs line out volume control....... because it is too, I mean far way too loud when I hook it up to my Cayin C5 and listening to this setup with an IEM.

Imo the C5 is too powerful for most IEM's :wink:

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #1,705 of 1,991
I think Aune M1s needs line out volume control....... because it is too, I mean far way too loud when I hook it up to my Cayin C5 and listening to this setup with an IEM.
Agree. Just using walnut v2, it's too loud. Does the gain setting have something to do with this? Haven't tried it after I threw my walnut since the hp out of it has broken.

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #1,706 of 1,991
Agree. Just using walnut v2, it's too loud. Does the gain setting have something to do with this? Haven't tried it after I threw my walnut since the hp out of it has broken.

Sad to hear that....... I will soon drown into dissapointment and sell my aune m1s for sony Nw-Wm 1a as I don't think aune cares about ther older product......

Aug 25, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #1,707 of 1,991
Sad to hear that....... I will soon drown into dissapointment and sell my aune m1s for sony Nw-Wm 1a as I don't think aune cares about ther older product......

Have you tried the sony wm1a? That model came into my mind just this morning. I might save for that and sell my aune m1s too for additional funds. Or the Teac p90sd.

I feel they stopped supporting their m1s after a few months of releasing it.

Won't buy an aune product again in the future.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #1,708 of 1,991
Have you tried the sony wm1a? That model came into my mind just this morning. I might save for that and sell my aune m1s too for additional funds. Or the Teac p90sd.

I'd recommend Onkyo DP-X1 as an upgrade to M1s. You could even get a used unit for less than $500. It has 2,5-mm balanced, with ACG technology (reducing noise). Boots quicker than X5III. A stable, and fast Android UI (5 / Lollipop). The 3,5-mm output can get loose after a while, but it's fine with me since there's still some bite/grip. The DP-X1A doesn't have this issue though. Battery is good, around 16 hours. And the design looks nice.

My Aune M1s has a battery problem now, it drops automatically and slowly when not being used. IDK how to solve this. Will probably give it away to a friend.

For sound, I like the Nuansa P1 better than DP-X1, or M1s. The DP-X1 IMO sounds better, and cleaner than M1s. More refined, and smoother. But the P1 sounds warmer, and more natural than them all, which I prefer.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,709 of 1,991
I'd recommend Onkyo DP-X1 as an upgrade to M1s. You could even get a used unit for less than $500. It has 2,5-mm balanced, with ACG technology (reducing noise). Boots quicker than X5 III. A stable, and fast Android UI (5, Lollipop). The 3,5-mm output can get loose after a while, but it's fine with me since there's still some bite/grip. The DP-X1A doesn't have this issue though. Battery is good, around 16 hours. And the design looks nice.

My Aune M1s has a battery problem now, it drops automatically and slowly when not being used. IDK how to solve this. Will probably give it away to a friend.

For sound, I like the Nuansa P1 better than DP-X1, or M1s. The DP-X1 IMO sounds better, and cleaner than M1s. But the P1 sounds more natural than them all.
Also considering the Pioneer XDP-300r but it will cost me a few bucks for the case and screen protector.

Will look for the DP-X1A. I'm not upgrading right away, have to prioritise first my needs before wants. LOL.

I'm enjoying my m1s for now, might upgrade by the end of the year or next year.

Thanks for the advice!

Aug 25, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #1,710 of 1,991

Agreed, well yeah you know China product....... happens all the time.......

I'd recommend Onkyo DP-X1 as an upgrade to M1s. You could even get a used unit for less than $500. It has 2,5-mm balanced, with ACG technology (reducing noise). Boots quicker than X5 III. A stable, and fast Android UI (5, Lollipop). The 3,5-mm output can get loose after a while, but it's fine with me since there's still some bite/grip. The DP-X1A doesn't have this issue though. Battery is good, around 16 hours. And the design looks nice.

For sound, I like the Nuansa P1 better than DP-X1, or M1s. The DP-X1 IMO sounds better, and cleaner than M1s. But the P1 sounds more natural than them all.

Sounds intriguing...... hmm maybe I will try it out next time, thanks for the suggestion by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back