Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Aug 14, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #1,681 of 1,991
Yeah pick your poison!
But hopefully you might get your hands on that Pioneer 300 XDR. It's a beautiful design. I like it more than DP-X1 and x5iii
OH one more thing.

You definitely will need to spend extra dough on Pioneer Case. And screen protector.
It will cost heavy money.

x5iii has all that included. soz

Hopefully by the end of the year or next year. Because I'm torn between upgrading my phone or dap. haha

Yeah, I read about that they're sold separately. So, I have to save more for that.

Thanks again

Aug 14, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #1,682 of 1,991
Hopefully by the end of the year or next year. Because I'm torn between upgrading my phone or dap. haha

Yeah, I read about that they're sold separately. So, I have to save more for that.

Thanks again

@Ang Probinsyano have you checked out hidiz ap200? It's a kickstarter that is ending in a day or so. Has pretty much everything you are looking for except balanced out. It has been getting some good feedback.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...xt-generation-android-hifi-musi?ref=discovery

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #1,683 of 1,991
@Ang Probinsyano have you checked out hidiz ap200? It's a kickstarter that is ending in a day or so. Has pretty much everything you are looking for except balanced out. It has been getting some good feedback.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...xt-generation-android-hifi-musi?ref=discovery
oh yeah. Let me help out rr12267.

@Ang Probinsyano
Let me tell you why AP2000 is now a better option than Balanced out in any of those daps.

Because no matter what any manufacturer of these DAPs say. They are not truely balanced. You are paying for bridged amps used to provide higher MW output. (or lower whatever)
That 2.5mm cable you have...is not, will not ever be truely balanced.
All it is the way the Manufacturer designed their bal out with bridged amps.

Here is what a true balanced audio system looks like.
You have a differential amp + / -, that is connected to an XLR cable that has a Hot and Cold pin + Ground pin. 2.5mm I repeat is unbalanced stereo. Even if your DAP included 2,000+ Differential amp. It will still be unbalanced, because the inside circuits are not balanced, and so is the cable.
The end.
yCT9l.gif

if that cannot convince you, then I have lost. :p
So please the AP2000 a look and forget balanced!

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,684 of 1,991
Aug 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #1,685 of 1,991
oh yeah. Let me help out rr12267.

@Ang Probinsyano
Let me tell you why AP2000 is now a better option than Balanced out in any of those daps.

Because no matter what any manufacturer of these DAPs say. They are not truely balanced. You are paying for bridged amps used to provide higher MW output. (or lower whatever)
That 2.5mm cable you have...is not, will not ever be truely balanced.
All it is the way the Manufacturer designed their bal out with bridged amps.

Here is what a true balanced audio system looks like.
You have a differential amp + / -, that is connected to an XLR cable that has a Hot and Cold pin + Ground pin. 2.5mm I repeat is unbalanced stereo. Even if your DAP included 2,000+ Differential amp. It will still be unbalanced, because the inside circuits are not balanced, and so is the cable.
The end.

if that cannot convince you, then I have lost. :p
So please the AP2000 a look and forget balanced!

I'm eyeing also for ap200 because it has a neutral sq, but it has plenty of bugs atm.

So, currently it's out of my options. And it's not available right now in my country.

Well, I'm not upgrading right away. Maybe next year or depends on my mood. lol

Aug 14, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #1,686 of 1,991
I read the review from headfonics and there are bugs on the firmware right now. I don't think they will be fixed right away. So, it's out on my choices, for now.

@Ang Probinsyano not trying to sway you either way but to put a little perspective the review on headphonics was a real early engineering sample. I believe it was an 8 GB version. But I completely understand about 1st run productions.

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #1,691 of 1,991
Sadly my stack cost me around 500usd......... Aune M1s > Cayin C5 > 128GB micro sd card > Interconnect cable of some sort.................. going to sell off mostly of my earbuds as I had lost interest in collecting them...........

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #1,692 of 1,991
Just watched a video on youtube comparing x7ii and x5iii, and the balanced output of x7ii is better than x5iii. He also mentioned that aune m1s balanced is close to x7ii. lol

So, I'll not sell this anymore. Will just get an extra dap for science.

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #1,693 of 1,991
Sadly my stack cost me around 500usd......... Aune M1s > Cayin C5 > 128GB micro sd card > Interconnect cable of some sort.................. going to sell off mostly of my earbuds as I had lost interest in collecting them...........

I don't know how much my stack is. m1s>flc8s>128gb sd card. To follow balanced cable from lmue. My earbuds are only on budgetfi, and I'm keeping them.

Did cayin c5 improve the soundstage of the m1s?

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #1,694 of 1,991
I don't know how much my stack is. m1s>flc8s>128gb sd card. To follow balanced cable from lmue. My earbuds are only on budgetfi, and I'm keeping them.

Did cayin c5 improve the soundstage of the m1s?

Yes indeed, well it is kind of hard to explain, for my ears, Aune M1s has a medium size hemisphere sound field (stage) on both of my ears............. when I stack it up to the Cayin C5, the soundstage "expand" from hemisphere to conical shape (on both of my ears)............ it was like the hemisphere rupture and the sound just escape from it............... anyways, I like the sound of it but in turns there is a low noise or hiss when I was using my TFZ exclusive 1............. imaging is still a strong point in my setup because Aune M1s emphasises on it.............

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:27 AM Post #1,695 of 1,991
Yes indeed, well it is kind of hard to explain, for my ears, Aune M1s has a medium size hemisphere sound field (stage) on both of my ears............. when I stack it up to the Cayin C5, the soundstage "expand" from hemisphere to conical shape (on both of my ears)............ it was like the hemisphere rupture and the sound just escape from it............... anyways, I like the sound of it but in turns there is a low noise or hiss when I was using my TFZ exclusive 1............. imaging is still a strong point in my setup because Aune M1s emphasises on it.............

Good to hear that. $500 doesn't matter as long as your stack satisfies your ears. YOLO they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back