Aune M1P
Aug 28, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #121 of 456
We cancelled the "line out" option because we got feedback that the M1p is mainly for headphones and line out is not that necessary and it may cause discomfort when a user accidentally enable it and listen from the IEMs. Thanks for pointing it out. We'll edit the user manual.

About the distortion, have you tried different headphones? Does it happen to all of them?
@AuneAudio man that is a real shame regarding the line out. i like to use it in the car and the line out option would be extremely useful for me.

please bring it back.

regarding distortion it happens when using bluetooth to a speaker or when plugged into aux in the car. as you have taken away line out I have to amplify the signal twice through the aune then through the car or using Bluetooth through a bluetooth speaker or headphone. this causes distortion if the aune is above around volume 55 level.

on other bluetooth players the signal is sent from the player and the volume is set by the receiver not by both the player and the reciever. same for line out

this is the problem created when the line out is removed by aune. you should bring it back or give us a software option to add it. i think removing it makes the player worse.

regards

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2023 at 8:47 PM Post #122 of 456
@AuneAudio man that is a real shame regarding the line out. i like to use it in the car and the line out option would be extremely useful for me.

please bring it back.

regarding distortion it happens when using bluetooth to a speaker or when plugged into aux in the car. as you have taken away line out I have to amplify the signal twice through the aune then through the car or using Bluetooth through a bluetooth speaker or headphone. this causes distortion if the aune is above around volume 55 level.

on other bluetooth players the signal is sent from the player and the volume is set by the receiver not by both the player and the reciever. same for line out

this is the problem created when the line out is removed by aune. you should bring it back or give us a software option to add it. i think removing it makes the player worse.

regards
Hi, the line out mode of the M1p was the same as max volume. Though we removed the option from Settings, you can still achieve it by setting the volume to max. About the distortion, we tested volume from 0 to max and there's no such problem. Just to be clear about the problem, did you mean it happens to you in these situations? 1. M1p Bluetooth transmits - Bluetooth speakers receive; 2. M1p - aux - car. Please try setting the volume to max on the M1p and only adjust volume on the receiver end.
Have you tried other scenarios like: M1p (local microSD card) - headphones / Phone Bluetooth transmits - M1p Blutooth receives - headphones. Does the problem occur too?

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com
Sep 10, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #123 of 456
Hi, the line out mode of the M1p was the same as max volume. Though we removed the option from Settings, you can still achieve it by setting the volume to max. About the distortion, we tested volume from 0 to max and there's no such problem. Just to be clear about the problem, did you mean it happens to you in these situations? 1. M1p Bluetooth transmits - Bluetooth speakers receive; 2. M1p - aux - car. Please try setting the volume to max on the M1p and only adjust volume on the receiver end.
Have you tried other scenarios like: M1p (local microSD card) - headphones / Phone Bluetooth transmits - M1p Blutooth receives - headphones. Does the problem occur too?
@AuneAudio thank you for clarifying the line out.

1. yes ive just tested this again to a small wonderboom speaker. if bluetooth transmit is set to 72 volume on m1p then the sound badly distorts on the receiver end, even at the receivers lowest volume. I have to reduce the m1p to about volume 55 max for the distortion to disappear.

EDIT - ive just tried the same test above with my google nest audio speaker. exactly the same issue. distortion on Bluetooth volume when m1p set to max (72)

EDIT - same test as above to sony wh-1000xm4 bluetooth headphone. exactly the same behaviour. volume distorts when set to max on m1p.

is this a problem with my aune or should the volume be around 55 on the m1p when transmitting bluetooth?

2. i tested this at work with lineout straight into speakers. at max volume on the m1p(72) i had no distortion. so that seemed ok.

I will test again in the car because i think it distorts there but i will get back after test

EDIT - i just tested it in the car aux in and distortion at max volume on the m1p(72). im going to test again at work because it seems to distort everywhere else.

EDIT - just tried direct to headphones 3.5 to grado sr60. its hard to tell as i cant wear the headphones at full volume it's too loud. but holding them away it does sound like I can hear a little distortion but not as much as Bluetooth

i will also test the option you describe at the bottom.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #125 of 456

1. yes ive just tested this again to a small wonderboom speaker. if bluetooth transmit is set to 72 volume on m1p then the sound badly distorts on the receiver end, even at the receivers lowest volume. I have to reduce the m1p to about volume 55 max for the distortion to disappear.

EDIT - ive just tried the same test above with my google nest audio speaker. exactly the same issue. distortion on Bluetooth volume when m1p set to max (72)

EDIT - same test as above to sony wh-1000xm4 bluetooth headphone. exactly the same behaviour. volume distorts when set to max on m1p.

is this a problem with my aune or should the volume be around 55 on the m1p when transmitting bluetooth?

2. i tested this at work with lineout straight into speakers. at max volume on the m1p(72) i had no distortion. so that seemed ok.

I will test again in the car because i think it distorts there but i will get back after test

EDIT - i just tested it in the car aux in and distortion at max volume on the m1p(72). im going to test again at work because it seems to distort everywhere else.

EDIT - just tried direct to headphones 3.5 to grado sr60. its hard to tell as i cant wear the headphones at full volume it's too loud. but holding them away it does sound like I can hear a little distortion but not as much as Bluetooth

@AuneAudio see above, the player is also distorting at max volume 72 at work. It seems like maybe there is something wrong with my player in lineout / bluetooth?

I really like it other than this issue. any ideas? I'm running software 1.064.

Cheers

Sep 16, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #126 of 456
Hello @AuneAudio.

I have some questions about some options you might include in future firmware revisions of the M1P.

Do you plan to extend the volume to 100 steps or add a low-high gain option?

To make the M1p boot faster, could you add an option to disable microSD scanning at startup and offer it as an additional option from the menu?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sep 18, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #129 of 456
@Blanka79 yeah its works really well. one of the main menu items is music and thats all of it. then just turn on shuffle.

its a great player
IMG_20230918_174140.jpg

IMG_20230918_174214.jpg

Sep 23, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #131 of 456
Hello @AuneAudio.

I have some questions about some options you might include in future firmware revisions of the M1P.

Do you plan to extend the volume to 100 steps or add a low-high gain option?

To make the M1p boot faster, could you add an option to disable microSD scanning at startup and offer it as an additional option from the menu?

Thank you very much for your attention.
@AuneAudio

Sep 25, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #135 of 456

Thanks for the detailed feedback. About Bluetooth transmission: The M1p output needs to consider both analog output and Bluetooth transmission. In the case of maximum analog output amplitude, Bluetooth transmission may clip peak. It is recommended to lower the volume of the M1p when using Bluetooth transmission and adjust the volume of the Bluetooth speakers. About car aux, we are not sure what the cause is. The M1p was not made for car, and the situation may be up to the car. If lowering volume of the M1p works, you can use it that way. And if you have other players, you can test them and see if there's a difference. Thanks:)

aune For music we design. Stay updated on aune at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/auneaudioofficial https://twitter.com/auneaudio https://www.instagram.com/auneaudio http://www.auneaudio.com sales@auneaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back