Aune M1, powerful WAV player
May 29, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #46 of 95
  Fair enough but if you have a problem with thread priority then you must have a very old pc.
wink_face.gif

Maybe I'm just paranoid. I'm running an 8 thread i7 clocked at 4.5ghz 
cool.gif
 Would not be phased by anything thrown at it. Cpu power does not make up for rough code though, I'm sticking to Frontend as the safest option.

May 29, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #47 of 95
It sure looks nice, smaller than I thought.

Very tempted with the sale.

May 29, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #48 of 95
I ordered one for $135.

I was speaking to someone and apparently the output impedance is about 10ohms (so I was told).

I have an amp here just laying around I will use from headphone and double amp it for IEMs etc. It should be ok. I know their Aune T1 dac/amp had around the same output impedance and it didn't give any problems with most gear.

I just want to have a play with it.
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #49 of 95
^ Interesting, did not know about the output impedance, I don't know if it's accurate or not but it's power is specified at 700mW into 32ohm, which is massive!

Also Noisy Motel did an honorable gesture and gave me $13.50 off a purchase of TMA-1 Ghostly Edition (plus 10% off) to make up for the $15 I could have saved on the M1 I purchased. So thumbs up to Noisy Motel service!

May 29, 2015 at 3:35 AM Post #50 of 95
The heat issue does not disappear. Seeing as you have just got one and I have owned mine for a few weeks I thought I should let you k ow - so its still happening after 100hrs + playback! Its a known issue and if you google translate chinESE forums there is a mod that aims to reduce the heat issue. How do find the sound?

May 29, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #51 of 95
^ I've been listening to the M1 for an hour, and it get's only slightly warm, not any warmer than my Pono or DX90 for example, but weather is cold here atm.

Some observations, M1 doesn't work with 4 pole plugs. M1 is very powerful, some sensitive iems can only use ~5% volume, meaning listening at quiet levels introduces channel imbalances due to analog volume.

May 29, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #52 of 95
  ^ Interesting, did not know about the output impedance, I don't know if it's accurate or not but it's power is specified at 700mW into 32ohm, which is massive!

Also Noisy Motel did an honorable gesture and gave me $13.50 off a purchase of TMA-1 Ghostly Edition (plus 10% off) to make up for the $15 I could have saved on the M1 I purchased. So thumbs up to Noisy Motel service!

Yeah, had a look at the specs of this DAP and it could be the one to properly drive my D600's without the need for an additional amp. The fact that it only plays WAVE is of no concern at all. The price nearly makes it a no brainer. Might wait for more user input and also the eminent release of the M2 and reviews of that.

The DAP market is getting rather exciting with apparently no need to spend big bucks. Just what I was expecting and rightly so given the pricing of some products. After all, the electronics required to reproduce music accurately does not cost much and it's fair to say a lot of people have been ripped off lately.

Just look at the Realtek chip on your basic motherboard as an example.

May 29, 2015 at 4:39 AM Post #53 of 95
^ It's definitely powerful, even a bit too much power for my liking actually, It can power my AKG K7XX to my preferred volume with less than 20% of the dial. Some of my iem's don't even stand a chance needing less than 5% of the dial. At first listen the M1 sounded a bit lean and bright, but only an hour or so of use and burn has already started refining the sound, it's not as bright now, I actually like where this is heading, a very clean and clear sound. I'll hold off on more impressions as it is changing for the better with burn in. But even so far it punches above it's price in sound.

May 30, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #54 of 95
The heat issue does not disappear. Seeing as you have just got one and I have owned mine for a few weeks I thought I should let you k ow - so its still happening after 100hrs + playback! Its a known issue and if you google translate chinESE forums there is a mod that aims to reduce the heat issue. How do find the sound?

You were right btw, I have noticed that the M1 does get warmer than my other daps. Still within reasonable temps though. Temps probably due to it's massive power output. M1 is sounding very good, it's not as musical as Pono, or as digitally technical as DX90, but it has its own kind of clinically precise timbre/sound, I really do like it! 

May 30, 2015 at 8:11 AM Post #55 of 95
Yes the warmth does not bother me now - but it is weird because sometimes it gets warm if you don't turn it off when it isnt playinig - and sometimes it gets warm when it is playing but cools down when stopped (but is still on)  - However, it is a really interesting player. I really like the sound it produces. Its a little forwrd in the mids but I think if paired with the right headphones it can sound warmer  (I use sony mdr 7550 and hd25s). I also want to start modding it - instrument seperation is great. There was soomeone on Taboao adding dual channel DACS to it

May 30, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #56 of 95
^ I'm using the Kennerton Magister hp's with the M1, and I actually prefer the M1 to the DX90 with this pairing, the Pono ties with M1, two different takes. Really amazing that the M1 can legitimately hang with these dap's when being 3-4 times cheaper. Aune, I salute you.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #58 of 95
Guys, something came up and I cancelled the M1 order. I do plan on revisting this player, and quite interested in the members thoughts who mentioned using HD25 with M1.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #59 of 95
hi I have the m1 And hd25-. It drives them well. Only needs a little more than 1/4 turn of vol to be almost too loud. When pushed beyond this I detect no ditortion. Sound is full. Good instrument Sep. Bass is v tight. Mids are forward. I'm comparing it to mzrh1 Sony minidisc and it sounds equally as good.

Jun 3, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #60 of 95
hi I have the m1 And hd25-. It drives them well. Only needs a little more than 1/4 turn of vol to be almost too loud. When pushed beyond this I detect no ditortion. Sound is full. Good instrument Sep. Bass is v tight. Mids are forward. I'm comparing it to mzrh1 Sony minidisc and it sounds equally as good.

Thanks for your thoughts! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back