Aune M1, powerful WAV player
May 24, 2015 at 9:57 AM Post #31 of 95
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I need to come to terms with WAV only support and re-ripping some of my CD collection.

No need whatsoever of re-ripping your cd's, flac is easily and quickly decoded to wav. Flac is just a compression format, like a rar or zip file, and Wav is like the unzipped or uncompressed version of the exact same file. Use a program like Flac Fontend to easily and quickly decode flac to wav.

May 24, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #32 of 95
  No need whatsoever of re-ripping your cd's, flac is easily and quickly decoded to wav. Flac is just a compression format, like a rar or zip file, and Wav is like the unzipped or uncompressed version of the exact same file. Use a program like Flac Fontend to easily and quickly decode flac to wav.

Well, I can do this with dbpoweramp. Its probably the better option as some albums I simply don't have on CD.

Please update us when yours arrives. 
smile.gif

May 24, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #34 of 95
  ^ I'd still use Flac Frontend to be on the safe side as it uses the official flac compiler code and a cmd prompt decoder which ensures no errors during decode.

Thanks for the info, Trance. I will check out Flac Frontend. (first time I've heard of it)

Btw, did you order from Amazon or Noisy Motel?

May 24, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #38 of 95
No - but cue files don't play. It does not bother me as I play jazz / rock not really a dance music fan. Player is amazing though. Regarding converting to wave - flax converts realyy quickly in mediamonkey. Also probably worth noting that I'm using it with microsd in a minisd adaptor (32gb) so I'm guessing larger micros could also be used. There are some weird quirks to think about before buying like - you cannot select music whilst the player is playing - it needs to be stopped. Also there is a heat dissapation issue so it will get warm. However if you can put up with that then I think its sound better than a mzrh1 Sony mjnidisc player - and I thought that was better than any dap past or present. And you do not need an amp it is plenty loud - a quarter turn is almost too loud for me.

May 24, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #39 of 95
^ If yours is a newish M1 you can expect the heat issue to go away with break in. The heat is just the battery breaking in, it happened with my Pono and P90SD, after about 30 hours or so of use the heat output lessened permanently. Obviously most daps normally get slightly warm, but before the battery is done breaking in dap's can get HOT.

May 28, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #41 of 95

Noisy motel is having a 10% off sale with coupon: EOMAY15

Brings total for Aune M1 to $135 shipped. Just my luck that I miss out on such things lol. Promotion ends 31st May.

Have you received yours yet mate? If so is it worth checking out? 

I'm actually in need of another player atm for some of my portable headphones.

I wonder how HD25, Grado 325e, Amperior would sound from this thing.

May 28, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #43 of 95

Thanks for the info, Trance. I will check out Flac Frontend. (first time I've heard of it)

Btw, did you order from Amazon or Noisy Motel?

There will be absolutely no difference in quality if you continue to use dbpoweramp. If you have the paid version and you want to be sure just enable secure ripping. Even without this enabled dbpoweramp utilises AccurateRip (cross pressing verification) which ensures a bit perfect rip.

May 29, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #44 of 95
^ Most likely, but I just consider Frontend the safest option, it is after all the official flac tool purpose built for this singular purpose, and doesn't run in to errors during decodes due to high priority CMD decoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back