AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 22, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #3,571 of 5,890
That's what we do, isn't it? haha

I am dying to have that sweet planar goodness, though admittedly I have only tasted the mid-tier planar's, but as much as I love those, I can't see hearing any better (maybe 1% better???). Every time I listen or audition a new set of full headphones, I ALWAYS come back to that sound I can only get from my planars. Though, I DO sometimes love to listen to my HD700's too. Orchestral music just doesn't get much better than on those with proper amping.

Anyhow, like you, I am also not willing to throw a ton of money for the convenience of mobility with same sound signature, so I decided to give the Tin Hifi P1 a shot. I found that I can get them from amazon, and I have a Kohls near me, so I can just run them over there to return them, if I can't find a way to like them. Though, from what I have read thus far (which seems polarizing), some have described them as the signature I am looking for, or at least that I can EQ them pretty easily (which I don't really mind too much I suppose).

Speaking of EQing, I have found (for me) a hot spot in the T800s. It is right around 3.5 to 4k. I have spent a fair bit of time doing some with UAPP and the 10 band (I didn't want to screw with my PEQ on that app because I have that set JUST right for another pair, and you can't save presets on PEQ). I will try and get a screen shot and put it up here, and see what ya'll think (while I wait for 50 days for my filtered tips).. :)

Think the P1's ultimately a fitting issue, if you get a good comfortable seal, combined with some mooassive amping, you should find enough depth to the sound. Even holding them in tight with deap tripple flange tips I got only an intermittent seal so sold mine on.

The Obravo Cupids Hybrid Planar a good alternative I'm told, not much more than the P1 with the cheapest bundle, especially if your buying from Amazon anyway

Feb 22, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #3,572 of 5,890
Think the P1's ultimately a fitting issue, if you get a good comfortable seal, combined with some mooassive amping, you should find enough depth to the sound. Even holding them in tight with deap tripple flange tips I got only an intermittent seal so sold mine on.

The Obravo Cupids Hybrid Planar a good alternative I'm told, not much more than the P1 with the cheapest bundle, especially if your buying from Amazon anyway

That is good to know. I don't think I will have an issue with amping, though most of my equipment is portable. Let's hope that I have the ears these were meant to fit then.. heh

Yeah, I ran across that name "Cupids" as I was checking into the P1s. Think I'll wait and see what the P1 is all about. The T800 are really that good, and I should just be happy with them. If the P1 DO suck, then I will just return them, stick with the T800 and wait until I see something that is confirmed to be the sound I am looking for.

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #3,574 of 5,890

Attachments

• 3EDB87F7-7239-4DF7-953A-DA1443A59654.jpeg
    3EDB87F7-7239-4DF7-953A-DA1443A59654.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Feb 24, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #3,578 of 5,890

DT200
- 2 knowles BA
- $149 USD

Not sure why it is not listed on their AE store, but it is selling in other online platforms. Though it is pricey for just a 2BA set, so best wait for more reviews first.

H209cfb2e6bb0480c8f45ec1178af30285.jpg

DT200.jpg

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #3,579 of 5,890
DT200
- 2 knowles BA
- $149 USD

Not sure why it is not listed on their AE store, but it is selling in other online platforms. Though it is pricey for just a 2BA set, so best wait for more reviews first.

H209cfb2e6bb0480c8f45ec1178af30285.jpg

DT200.jpg
agree that it seems a bit too pricey for only 2 BA.

You can get the Thieaudio Voyager 3 for 159 usd and it is 3 BA ( not that driver count is the most important aspect but it still feels a bit bad because even the T800 have 8 BA at 300 usd)

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/thieaudio-voyager-3

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #3,580 of 5,890
agree that it seems a bit too pricey for only 2 BA.

You can get the Thieaudio Voyager 3 for 159 usd and it is 3 BA ( not that driver count is the most important aspect but it still feels a bit bad because even the T800 have 8 BA at 300 usd)

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/thieaudio-voyager-3

Look forward to your Voyager review!

Ya maybe we are all so spoilt by the CHIFI multi BA/hybrid prices (eg **** at a ridiculous $16 USD). But just 3 years back, we would be talking minimum around $150 - 200 USD for a triple driver western set, before CHIFI flooded the market. Yep, tuning is of more importance than driver count and Audiosense does have a generally good track record so far, and good service to boot. But I think at this price point, it's a bit too risky for a blind buy, I'll personally wait for some reviews first.

Feb 24, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,581 of 5,890
Look forward to your Voyager review!

Ya maybe we are all so spoilt by the CHIFI multi BA/hybrid prices (eg **** at a ridiculous $16 USD). But just 3 years back, we would be talking minimum around $150 - 200 USD for a triple driver western set, before CHIFI flooded the market. Yep, tuning is of more importance than driver count and Audiosense does have a generally good track record so far, and good service to boot. But I think at this price point, it's a bit too risky for a blind buy, I'll personally wait for some reviews first.
Agreed, and yeah I am still waiting for them (DD-audio store) to even get the stock in as the manufacturing is delayed....so dont know when I will get it.....

Is there no early adopters sale for the DT200 as there was for the AQ3?

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #3,582 of 5,890
I've read somewhere that the DT200 was designed for eastern ears.

Feb 24, 2020 at 1:09 PM Post #3,585 of 5,890
Okay that's completely new... Hahaha eastern ears for the fit? Or audio wise.?

Audio wise. Its tuning.

And for "eastern ears" I meant Japanese and Asian markets, I'm sorry.

I'm afraid I can't remember where I had read that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back