AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #3,541 of 5,890
They can do quite balanced and real basshead. Great for my everyday use.

They're way more neutral sounding than the graph indicates, up against my T4's which I know to be a neutral set, I couldn't determine which is more balanced/neutral but the AQ3's got brouder staging, better seperation, detail retrieval and with some EQ bass
They can do quite balanced and real basshead. Great for my everyday use.

They're way more neutral sounding than the graph indicates, up against my T4's which I know to be a neutral set (lots of graphs say so), I couldn't determine which is more balanced/neutral by ear but the AQ3's got brouder staging, great seperation, detail retrieval and with some EQ....nice bass. Any other 'v' shaped hybrid I've tried it's obvious. Don't know if it's something to do with the guide tubes or psychoacoustics but those mids are very present to the ear, only seems to be one disenter from this so we're not alone at least lol

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,542 of 5,890
They're way more neutral sounding than the graph indicates, up against my T4's which I know to be a neutral set, I couldn't determine which is more balanced/neutral but the AQ3's got brouder staging, better seperation, detail retrieval and with some EQ bass

Hi @Captainbeefturd , do you have ISN H40? If yes, would like to ask your favor to compare AQ3 and ISN H40.
I want to upgrade from my blon 03, my daily iem, with a better detail, separation as well as more quantity and better quality of bass.
Thanks in advance

Feb 16, 2020 at 6:43 PM Post #3,543 of 5,890
Might get them a balanced cable though
Try and get a balanced pure silver, biggest iem upgrade I've found
Hi @Captainbeefturd , do you have ISN H40? If yes, would like to ask your favor to compare AQ3 and ISN H40.
I want to upgrade from my blon 03, my daily iem, with a better detail, separation as well as more quantity and better quality of bass.
Thanks in advance

Hi no I'm afraid not, tbh didn't know much about it until you mentioned it, looks a nice bit of kit. I've got the blon bl-03's and would absolutely say the AQ3's an upgrade in my opinion, it's a rediculously we'll tuned IEM for the price with great timbre (the one area it may exceed the AQ3's maybe H40 without testing being a hybrid also) but in every other department I'd rec the AQ3 so can vouch that's a substantial upgrade at least

Feb 16, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #3,544 of 5,890
Feb 16, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #3,545 of 5,890
Feb 17, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #3,546 of 5,890
So far, I only find good feedback for both ISN H40 and AS AQ3.
I will wait a bit longer, hope there will be more information before I place an order.

I do own the bl03 and AQ3, and agree with @Captainbeefturd that it’s an upgrade, and definitely fits better than bl03. Something small that surprised me is that the nozzle’s diameter is one of the biggest as compared to other iems.

Feb 17, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #3,547 of 5,890
I was trying to get more info on the hybrid flagship but, no dice. Wondering if you insider folks, (cant remember who last was able to get more info) were able to find out what tuning theyre going for, and if there was any other news, maybe theres a prototype out there someone has heard? June isnt far off, they have to be close on a final product.

Yeap, it will be out around May-June. Their rep said that the tuning is almost done and that it’ll be better than the T800. Will most likely be getting it early. Will update you guys when I do.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #3,548 of 5,890
You just gently screw the tool into the damper a few turns, then pull it out of the nozzle. The installation of a new damper is the reverse. Just be careful and take your time.

Also, the dampers have a front and a back. They look similar though, so make sure you understand which side is which when working with them. It does matter, both for removal and for installation.
Actually, it’s better to install the damper with the blunt end of the second tool or a blunt end instrument. If you push with the threaded side or screw in with the threaded side, you could end up not being able to release the filter in the spot that you want or it just spinning around stuck to the tool.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #3,549 of 5,890
Yeap, it will be out around May-June. Their rep said that the tuning is almost done and that it’ll be better than the T800. Will most likely be getting it early. Will update you guys when I do.

Ya i asked if i could get an early prototype pic or anything and that didnt go. Any idea on price? And can you ask if theyll consider doing custom faceplates for an extra cost like fearless audio?

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #3,550 of 5,890
Ya i asked if i could get an early prototype pic or anything and that didnt go. Any idea on price? And can you ask if theyll consider doing custom faceplates for an extra cost like fearless audio?

She doesn’t have it yet. Price is not confirmed, but definitely pricier than the current T800. They are currently considering doing custom faceplates. The new hybrid should come with an additional cable.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:32 PM Post #3,551 of 5,890
I do own the bl03 and AQ3, and agree with @Captainbeefturd that it’s an upgrade, and definitely fits better than bl03. Something small that surprised me is that the nozzle’s diameter is one of the biggest as compared to other iems.

Thank you @EdenSJW, I have thought so too as there is not negative feedback (yet) about AQ3. I have not decided either AQ3 or ISN H4 which is also praised by many.

Feb 17, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #3,552 of 5,890
She doesn’t have it yet. Price is not confirmed, but definitely pricier than the current T800. They are currently considering doing custom faceplates. The new hybrid should come with an additional cable.

Ya i was thinking it would be 4-600, if they do it right i am in as an early adopter, i wasnt super early on the t800 but not as early as i would like to be on the hybrid. Im putting off buying the moondrop blessing 2 because i am anticipating the audiosense hybrid will be better

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #3,553 of 5,890
A french reviewer has just released a review for the AQ3.
According to him, the iem don't have any (big) flaw and is on his top-three list.

(use Youtube translation if necessary)

Feb 18, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #3,554 of 5,890
Ya i was thinking it would be 4-600, if they do it right i am in as an early adopter, i wasnt super early on the t800 but not as early as i would like to be on the hybrid. Im putting off buying the moondrop blessing 2 because i am anticipating the audiosense hybrid will be better

If you guys knew how much those dynamic drivers cost, you’d feel $400-$600 is way too much.

I know they have R&D costs etc, but so did the T800. So thats mot really and excuse :frowning2:

I’ll pay a little more (between $300-$400), but any more than that and they risk pricing themselves out of the market.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #3,555 of 5,890
A french reviewer has just released a review for the AQ3.
According to him, the iem don't have any (big) flaw and is on his top-three list.

(use Youtube translation if necessary)

Its @TechnoidFR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back