AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #3,587 of 5,890
T800s back in my hands today, its been over a month since ive heard them i cannot wait to throw down a long listening session tonight.

Feb 24, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,589 of 5,890
They said they're selling them for the Japanese Market apparently, does seem a bit steep for near AQ3 prices in fact looks to share a more with their more budget T260 just with guide tubes. Interested how they cover the frequency spectrum with only 2 BA's though where would they overlap?

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,590 of 5,890
T800s back in my hands today, its been over a month since ive heard them i cannot wait to throw down a long listening session tonight.

Good for you. I still can't believe how good they are (and I'm not really talking about money) in any price range. I know there are better, but I wanna' keep my first-born.. :)

Even though I am totally happy with these as they are, I decided to order the Tripowin C8 balanced cable to see if feeding it more power improves it even more. I suspect it might only slightly, but since I have also ordered the Tin Hifi P1, and saw that the cable is scraggly (not sure that includes the actual quality of the cable or not). Plus, I read that they need some good power to move them correctly so, I thought it is a win/win.

Also, I have been hearing that many absolutely love the Final Audio E series tips, I ordered those too. But, again not JUST for the T800, but because I have heard that the P1 have (what was the word used?)…. "rubbish" tips. :)

It is possible.

Take a look here: shorturl.at/ksyG2

Thanks, will check it out.

Feb 24, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #3,591 of 5,890
Good for you. I still can't believe how good they are (and I'm not really talking about money) in any price range. I know there are better, but I wanna' keep my first-born.. :)

Even though I am totally happy with these as they are, I decided to order the Tripowin C8 balanced cable to see if feeding it more power improves it even more. I suspect it might only slightly, but since I have also ordered the Tin Hifi P1, and saw that the cable is scraggly (not sure that includes the actual quality of the cable or not). Plus, I read that they need some good power to move them correctly so, I thought it is a win/win.

Also, I have been hearing that many absolutely love the Final Audio E series tips, I ordered those too. But, again not JUST for the T800, but because I have heard that the P1 have (what was the word used?)…. "rubbish" tips. :)

Thanks, will check it out.

Ya i need to order the azla sedna tips still. I liked the mandarin symbio peel normal bore tips though, but always up to try something new.

Feb 24, 2020 at 8:57 PM Post #3,592 of 5,890
So are we thinking a distinctive "V" shape then?

According to some CHIFI tuners i spoke to like kopiokaya, the chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They even have a term called "musical poison" 毒音 to describe this boosted area.

Westerners usually find this fatiguing, but i guess it also depends on your music genres and hearing health and preferred sound signatures.

Feb 24, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #3,593 of 5,890
Hey guys just an update, I've had the T800 for close to a year now and still loving them. I have changed some setups since I've had them.

Source dx160
Full copper wire 3.5mm ( waiting on 4.4mm balanced)
Switched out to white filter (stock grey)
Spiral dot tips (azla is okay but I prefer spiral)

With this combination the bass and sub bass hits hard but clean. Treble is not tiresome but all the details are there.. and it has more of a natural timbre. Mids are still a bit recessed but not bad.

It's a fun iem with good separation and above average sound stage.

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #3,595 of 5,890
I have the T800 and I like it a lot. I did change the original cable to a Litz OCC cable with 2.5mm balanced, however I still switch to the original cable when I have to go single ended. Use it mostly with the WM1A, single ended or the 9038s balanced 2.5

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #3,596 of 5,890
How so? Could you elaborate a bit?
First impression when trying them — impressively clean & detailed(even more so than my tanchjim oxygen).

The bass on DT200 is a tad lighter, but personally, it has just the right amount. Capable of picking the slightest of details(hi-hat) without any symptoms in sibilance. Fast and clean transient. Excellent imaging, soundstage is not of the widest, I would say it’s slightly above average. Size is a tad smaller than AQ3 with smaller nozzle as well. Therefore fits me better. Downside will be that it doesn’t sound as clear in the 250-500hz range as compared to the rest of the range. Unforgiving to poor quality files.

Feb 25, 2020 at 7:07 AM Post #3,597 of 5,890
Ya i need to order the azla sedna tips still. I liked the mandarin symbio peel normal bore tips though, but always up to try something new.
I saw the Symbio Peel mentioned, and they seem to be highly regarded. I may look into to those if I don't like the Final Audio ones.

According to some CHIFI tuners i spoke to like kopiokaya, the chinese domestic market likes boosted upper mids/lower treble cause a lot of their music incorporates female vocals. They even have a term called "musical poison" 毒音 to describe this boosted area.

Westerners usually find this fatiguing, but i guess it also depends on your music genres and hearing health and preferred sound signatures.
That is very interesting, and I did not know that, but now that you mention it, I find it to be true of some other Chinese IEMs that I have used in the past. That is where I found the T800s to be a bit hot to my liking also.

Hey guys just an update, I've had the T800 for close to a year now and still loving them. I have changed some setups since I've had them.

Source dx160
Full copper wire 3.5mm ( waiting on 4.4mm balanced)
Switched out to white filter (stock grey)
Spiral dot tips (azla is okay but I prefer spiral)

With this combination the bass and sub bass hits hard but clean. Treble is not tiresome but all the details are there.. and it has more of a natural timbre. Mids are still a bit recessed but not bad.

It's a fun iem with good separation and above average sound stage.
How are you liking the DX160? I also have it, and think it is not only a great pairing for the T800, but with almost anything I have thrown at it. I seems to handle Planars with ease, and I have some P1 planars on order that everyone says are pretty hard to drive (correctly). It seems to drive my HD700 (150ohms) pretty well. It is at about 45% volume on high gain out of 3.5mm (I haven't gotten a 4.4mm balanced for them yet).

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,598 of 5,890
I saw the Symbio Peel mentioned, and they seem to be highly regarded. I may look into to those if I don't like the Final Audio ones.

That is very interesting, and I did not know that, but now that you mention it, I find it to be true of some other Chinese IEMs that I have used in the past. That is where I found the T800s to be a bit hot to my liking also.

How are you liking the DX160? I also have it, and think it is not only a great pairing for the T800, but with almost anything I have thrown at it. I seems to handle Planars with ease, and I have some P1 planars on order that everyone says are pretty hard to drive (correctly). It seems to drive my HD700 (150ohms) pretty well. It is at about 45% volume on high gain out of 3.5mm (I haven't gotten a 4.4mm balanced for them yet).

Dx160 is great little player. I was about to get the m11 until I saw the size in person. That thing is huge in comparison. Dx160 pairs really well with k3003.

I haven't tried it on my headphones yet but I'll listen to them tonight.

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #3,599 of 5,890
Dx160 is great little player. I was about to get the m11 until I saw the size in person. That thing is huge in comparison. Dx160 pairs really well with k3003.

I haven't tried it on my headphones yet but I'll listen to them tonight.

I gotta' be honest, I would have stuck with the Fiio's, but I have the X5 1st gen, and the X3II 2nd gen, and I just don't like how quickly they abandon their products. I feel like I have a half baked (albeit VERY good sounding) DAP. I am glad that I took that leap, because I think the DX160 sounds better than what I currently have. Sorry for off topic.

Let us know your impressions of how the T800 sounds on this?!

Feb 25, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #3,600 of 5,890
Reunited and it feels so goooooood. Phone pic but, missed these
20200225_104348.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back