AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #3,361 of 5,890
I already asked before but didn't get an answer:

which replacement foam tips or silicone tips do you guys use for the Audiosense T180 - especially the size is important,

I ordered the triple flange from Tennmak but they don't fit since the circumference is too big and the nozzle even smaller

Thanks in advance
Try spinfit cp800

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #3,362 of 5,890

which replacement foam tips or silicone tips do you guys use for the Audiosense T180 - especially the size is important,

I ordered the triple flange from Tennmak but they don't fit since the circumference is too big and the nozzle even smaller

Thanks in advance

Personally, I cut the core off of the stock T180 tips, and stuck them on the nozzle. That made the nozzle bigger, thus allowing me to use loads of regular tips that I already owned - Starlines, wide bores, whatever I wanted to tip roll with pretty much.

If you don't want to do that, they do sell a decent amount of tips designed for those super narrow Shure type nozzles - triple flange, double flange, olive, foams, etc. If you do a search for "Shure eartip", you'll see them all.

Jan 24, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #3,363 of 5,890

Thanks in advance

Try spinfit cp800

Personally, I cut the core off of the stock T180 tips, and stuck them on the nozzle. That made the nozzle bigger, thus allowing me to use loads of regular tips that I already owned - Starlines, wide bores, whatever I wanted to tip roll with pretty much.

If you don't want to do that, they do sell a decent amount of tips designed for those super narrow Shure type nozzles - triple flange, double flange, olive, foams, etc. If you do a search for "Shure eartip", you'll see them all.

I can confirm CP800 SpinFits work wonderfully on the T180. Also using the core from stock T180 inside of wider-cored tips works well too, though I'd be careful about the two pieces losing cohesion while you're trying to remove the IEM. >->

Jan 24, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #3,364 of 5,890
Also using the core from stock T180 inside of wider-cored tips works well too, though I'd be careful about the two pieces losing cohesion while you're trying to remove the IEM. >->

Yes, good point - you do have to watch out for that if you go with the ‘eartip core adapter’ method.

Luckily, the T180 don’t seem to require a whole lot of tip rolling (at least they didn’t for me). The Starlines were like the 2nd pair of tips I tried. I liked the pairing so much I left them on with no desire to try more tip rolling. So it should be a long time before I ever need to remove the tips from the T180.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #3,365 of 5,890
I don't have the T4 or KXXS (both dynamic driver IEMs), but it's gonna be comparing apples to oranges when comparing DD IEMs with hybrids/multi BA sets (like AQ3 and T800) at the budget to midfi pricing, especially at the area of timbre as per your post.

I have about 10 other dynamic driver type IEMs and these usually excel at timbre/tonality and have better subbass extension/decay compared to traditional multi BA sets. Though these DD sets usually fare worse at technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, clarity, details) than a multi BA/hybrid at the same price point. So if you like the "sound timbre" as per your post, I would advise u to stick with DD sets in general. The T800 (8 BA) is technically excellent, but it doesn't have as natural timbre as the famous BLON BL-03 (single DD), though it does trump the BL-03 is most other areas.

So at the budget-midfi pricing, there are some areas of compromises u have to make in your IEM choice, and this is dependant on an individual's sound preferences and preferred music genres. Eg if classical/acoustic instruments are in the majority of your music, a set that has better timbre would be more important in my opinion. Eg if you are listening to complex instrumentation/multiple competing instruments with lots of synthetic instruments, eg EDM/electronic, then multi BA/hybrids are better in technicalities.

First of all, many thanks to all of you for having kindly replied and for providing me with your most appreciated answer ..... Thank you all :)
My listenings are mainly electronic music, and more rarely live or acoustic ... so, if I interpret your opinions well, AQ3 could be a good purchase and I think I will give it a thought ... as soon as my piggy bank gives me the green light :dt880smile::dt880smile::dt880smile:
Thanks again :) it's nice to exchange opinions with those who know more than me :)

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #3,366 of 5,890
Try spinfit cp800

I can confirm CP800 SpinFits work wonderfully on the T180. Also using the core from stock T180 inside of wider-cored tips works well too, though I'd be careful about the two pieces losing cohesion while you're trying to remove the IEM. >->

Yes, good point - you do have to watch out for that if you go with the ‘eartip core adapter’ method.

Luckily, the T180 don’t seem to require a whole lot of tip rolling (at least they didn’t for me). The Starlines were like the 2nd pair of tips I tried. I liked the pairing so much I left them on with no desire to try more tip rolling. So it should be a long time before I ever need to remove the tips from the T180.

thanks gotta get those cp800 :o2smile:

Jan 24, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #3,367 of 5,890
i had also ordered the copper cable from audiosense for around $17 and they sent me that along with their more expensive "single crystal copper" cable which is listed at about $40.

not sure what the supposed difference is. so far i have no issues with the stock silver cable and my fiio x3 mkiii. also no reall issues with my S10+ other than the bass gets a bit weaker and has less extension. with the fiio on some songs it felt like the bass was shaking my bones, the S10 plus does not have the same slam and rumble, but totally useable.
I eventually discovered copper cable had significant impact on tonality. Tamed the treble which is why I initially opted for it. Later it struck me as lacking sparkle so I switched back to silver and was amazed at how much darker copper made it sound. Using silver now but I’d like a cable for a medium tone tween the two.

Jan 25, 2020 at 6:23 AM Post #3,369 of 5,890
Best SQ I’ve achieved so far with the T800s: EarStudio ES100 > ISN Audio S16 “White Mamba” .

This is, as far as I know (along with their C16 and H16), the lowest resistance pre-made cable on the market - certainly one of the most affordable. Bass is lightning fast with incredible density and imaging, mids are full, treble is extended yet completely smooth and fabulously detailed (that’s a lot of superlatives but I stand by them all)! Tips are Spiral Dots.

DAA5F777-FFE4-43C3-9B46-E389AC37A7CC.jpeg

The only mod I’ve made to the earphones is the addition of a dust filter ( ty @Slater - good tip, and you were instrumental in persuading me to get the es100s as well, even though I already had a perfectly good DAP that cost 3 times as much).

Edit: cable resistance measurements courtesy of @hakuzen and https://www.head-fi.org/threads/resistance-of-cables-pics-comments-and-links.907998/ Cable 151

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #3,370 of 5,890
I hear no difference at all.
Yeah I think I can relate. I suggest sticking to one cable for awhile, silver or copper, then after a few weeks (when your brain is fully accustomed to it) switch to the other in the middle of a listening session. I can’t speak for anyone else but I suspect strong psychoacoustical factors here, by which I don’t wish to dismiss basis for empirical stuff. Empirical audio differences are perhaps best perceived when psychacoust or subjective predeterminates are accommodated. Phew. Sorry for a pocket-full of two cents.
Ps Hiby mseb temperature control seems to do a respectable job smoothing treble edges
pps Anyone compared JVC FDX1 to T800? I know...dd vs ba, but still curious. I have em both and just peeked at them back to back

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #3,371 of 5,890
Best SQ I’ve achieved so far with the T800s: EarStudio ES100 > ISN Audio S16 “White Mamba” .

This is, as far as I know (along with their C16 and H16), the lowest resistance pre-made cable on the market - certainly one of the most affordable. Bass is lightning fast with incredible density and imaging, mids are full, treble is extended yet completely smooth and fabulously detailed (that’s a lot of superlatives but I stand by them all)! Tips are Spiral Dots.

The only mod I’ve made to the earphones is the addition of a dust filter ( ty @Slater - good tip, and you were instrumental in persuading me to get the es100s as well, even though I already had a perfectly good DAP that cost 3 times as much).
Thanks for the cable recommendation. Are you familiar with the H8? I wonder how it compares to the sixteens?

Jan 25, 2020 at 8:02 AM Post #3,372 of 5,890
Thanks for the cable recommendation. Are you familiar with the H8? I wonder how it compares to the sixteens?

This is my first ISN. All my other (decent) cables are NiceHCK or KBear 16 cores, the ISN 16 is twice as thick as them, and about 1/2 to 1/3 less resistant (I believe).
I'm now very curious about the H16!

Jan 25, 2020 at 3:57 PM Post #3,374 of 5,890
can anyone compare the T800 to any of the following:

FH7
S8F
IT04

Use search for my detailed T800 vs S8F comparison.
Before T800 I had IT04 and I´m still missing that lovely DD bass, but it didn´t fit my ear that well and I´ve found the treble to be unnatural (depends on insertion depth tho, so that could have been the reason for me not liking the treble). T800 has more treble sparkle and extension for sure, for my ear, not sibilant at all, some hear it a bit sibilant though (there is possibility of taming the treble with some kind of diy filter, or swap the knowles damper for stronger one, which will however dampen mailny upper mid peak). T800 is a detail monster which can be tastefully tuned to your preferences by choosing the right source, cable, tip and damper :wink: Recently I compared it even to Moondrop S8 which while being more refined product showed me how well T800 performs for the price. price/performance of it is insane.

I heard FH7 briefly and it was a big disappointment for me, after liking FH5, I probably expected a lot more from them.. But the sound was just too sibilant and uneven for me. This is just after maybe 30min of listening to them, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #3,375 of 5,890
Use search for my detailed T800 vs S8F comparison.
Before T800 I had IT04 and I´m still missing that lovely DD bass, but it didn´t fit my ear that well and I´ve found the treble to be unnatural (depends on insertion depth tho, so that could have been the reason for me not liking the treble). T800 has more treble sparkle and extension for sure, for my ear, not sibilant at all, some hear it a bit sibilant though (there is possibility of taming the treble with some kind of diy filter, or swap the knowles damper for stronger one, which will however dampen mailny upper mid peak). T800 is a detail monster which can be tastefully tuned to your preferences by choosing the right source, cable, tip and damper :wink: Recently I compared it even to Moondrop S8 which while being more refined product showed me how well T800 performs for the price. price/performance of it is insane.

I heard FH7 briefly and it was a big disappointment for me, after liking FH5, I probably expected a lot more from them.. But the sound was just too sibilant and uneven for me. This is just after maybe 30min of listening to them, so take it with a grain of salt.

thanks, i will look for your review.

i guess what i want is an iem that would be a good compliment to the t800. something more neutral and flat. any suggestions under $500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back